PDA

View Full Version : Giants slam Tips.

Knuckles Muldoon
01-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Giants looking pretty good last night. Cunning played a terrific game after a so-so effort in his first with the team last Tuesday. Get Mez and (hopefully) The Fist back in there and the team looks real good. We need the boys to silence those cowbells again tonight down in Snohomish County.

Beaner
01-15-2005, 01:30 PM
You can watch the game through the Silvertips Webcast. Not sure if it is free or not. Follow the link. Going to try it out tonight myself.

http://everett.liveglobalbid.com/announce.html#

Good game last night except for that 5 mins the Giants took off in the second period.

The 2 Fights were a bit of a disappointment, but it was nice to see at least that someone other than Grant was willing to step up to the plate. Maybe Tonight they will actually throw some punches.

thetipster
01-15-2005, 01:42 PM
'tips played to what they felt to be the best of their ability, suffice it to say... i know it wasn't. They have come back from being 4 goals behind to win 5-4!! i know they have it in them... they just need to find it!

Kassian
01-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Grant isn't able to throw punches. He had to get stitches on his hand after his scrap with Trojovsky last tuesday. That is why he was inactive last night. Otherwise I'm sure he would've taken a shot at Love after that cheapshot on Lamb...

thetipster
01-15-2005, 02:21 PM
don't take some pretty cheap shots at our guys?!?!?!?! :mad:

Kassian
01-15-2005, 02:23 PM
don't take some pretty cheap shots at our guys?!?!?!?! :mad:

Eye for an eye. Love took a run at Lamb last night. I wouldn't worry about it anyway. Grant isn't able to fight. So that makes us pretty weak in the fighting department.

thetipster
01-15-2005, 02:27 PM
always been pretty weak i nthe fighting dept! they are a team full of goons!!!

Kassian
01-15-2005, 02:29 PM
always been pretty weak i nthe fighting dept! they are a team full of goons!!!

You've got that backwards there, but whatever, LOL.

C.F
01-15-2005, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't say weak at all. I think you're just getting upset because the Giants beat the Tips 4 strait times in a row? It must suck.

thetipster
01-15-2005, 02:35 PM
that to an avid fan, yes, it is disappointing to lose to a certain team every time we play them... but vancouver is really nothing but a team full of goons... i mean come on they released Stewart Theissen ONLY because he wasn't a goon-type or even a remotely goonish Defenceman!

Kassian
01-15-2005, 02:57 PM
LOL. Where the hell did you come up with that stupid idea?

No, they released Stewart Thiessen because he sucks. The guy had a great personality and he was very nice, but he made many mistakes on the blueline.

Plus we had too many defenseman to begin with. Once Meszaros and Fistric come back, we would've had 10 healthy defenseman if we kept Thiessen. So we had to dump him. That is how it works.

C.F
01-15-2005, 02:57 PM
that to an avid fan, yes, it is disappointing to lose to a certain team every time we play them... but vancouver is really nothing but a team full of goons... i mean come on they released Stewart Theissen ONLY because he wasn't a goon-type or even a remotely goonish Defenceman!
They released him because the Giants defence was their weekness, and he was becomming apart of the problem. The Giants play a very physical style of play, and I'm not suprised it would anger some fans. I would rather cheer for "a bunch of goons", than cheer for the crap defencive hockey that the Tips play.

Kassian
01-15-2005, 02:59 PM
I would rather cheer for "a bunch of goons", than cheer for the crap defencive hockey that the Tips play.

Amen to that. :D