View Full Version : Kisio ticked at team's lacklustre effort

nivek_wahs
04-26-2007, 04:50 AM
http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey/2007/04/26/4131153-sun.html

Thu, April 26, 2007

Kisio ticked at team's lacklustre effort

UPDATED: 2007-04-26 02:11:51 MST
By SCOTT FISHER, SUN MEDIA

The Calgary Hitmen bus will load up this afternoon before setting out for Medicine Hat.

But if you ask Kelly Kisio, he's already got too many passengers.

Calgary's GM/head coach couldn't hide his disgust after several of his players didn't show up for last night's 3-1 loss in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final.

"It's very interesting that, at this time of the year, you have to beg guys to play," Kisio said. "It's pretty frustrating.

"There were some guys who didn't show up to play tonight. There were two or three guys who weren't in the game and who weren't trying. You can't afford any passengers at this time of the year."

Searching for some kind of spark, Kisio inserted several players alongside first-liners Ryan White and Brodie Dupont.

None of the moves panned out.

White, who accounted for nearly a third of his club's paltry 19 shots, certainly couldn't be faulted in the work-ethic department.

But with he and Dupont being held to a single assist combined in four games, the Montreal Canadiens prospect was willing to shoulder the blame.

"I'm feeling a little snakebit right now," White said. "That's my job. I'm supposed to score goals and help this team offensively. One assist in four games just isn't going to cut it. All (Medicine Hat's) guys are stepping up and we need our guys to start stepping up.

"I have to be an impact player. I have three games to hopefully show it or it's going to be a long summer for me."

RunTheGoalie
04-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Kisio had a point. The Tigers played well, but not spectacular. Their job was made easy by far too many individuals, and not enough team facing them as opposition.

We know Medicine Hat will be better tonight. Calgary has to exceed their improvement.