TV: none
Web: whltv.ca

Vancouver leads the series 3-1

Series:
Vancouver 3 Prince George 2
Vancouver 6 Prince George 2
Vancouver 4 Prince George 1
Vancouver 2 Prince George 3 OT

The Giants and Cougars split in PG, so it goes to a game five back at the Pacific Coliseum. Scott Bowles stood on his head in game four turning away 41 of 43 shots and stoning the Giants on some very good opportunities. The 20yr old goaltender was reported saying that every time he was feeling tired the energy of the crowd lifted him back up. The Giants are known for being able to close out series, so should be very motivated coming on onto the ice on Friday. I’m sure the prospect of another 10 hour bus ride will make them that much more hungry.

The Giants out-played the Cougars for most of the second and third periods after being down 2-0 earlier in the game. Bowles earned his pay patrolling the pipes making some stellar saves to keep his team in the game. Some of the Giants players were saying that the Cougars were coming at them harder than any other time in the series and that they’ll need to make a few adjustments to compensate.

The Cougars went only 1 for 6 on the PP in game four, but that one goal proved to be the difference as the G-Men were not able to get any goals on their 6 PP chances. The Cougars look the most dangerous on the PP and the Giants have to watch out for the back-door cross crease pass which has burned them in other games in this series. The G-Men have to re-activate their sputtering PP and simplify it by driving the net and getting lots of traffic in front of Bowles, who will most likely get the start. Look to see some of the Giants players who have yet to shine elevate their games in game five.

Section_Z
04-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Kraus with the GWG then?

GF71
04-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Kraus with the GWG then?

I am thinking 3pts for sure! :clap: :clap: :groovy:

TheBrass
04-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Last Friday (the morning of Game 1) I was taking my normal drive to work and on Hastings happened to pass the Cougars bus parked across from the Holiday Inn Express. More than that, there were some young men milling about who were clearly Cougars players. I regret, that shamefully (since my window was down already) I screamed "YOU SUCK COUGARS" while driving by at about 60 K. I felt bad afterwards, like perhaps my adult privileges should be revoked.

So if any of the Cougars read this, my heartfelt apologies for being the crazy lady that screamed at you while driving by. I'm proud to say that this morning I managed to drive by your bus and not yell anything. I just felt sorry CUZ YOUR SEASON ENDS TONIGHT!!!!!!!

WestLEAFfan
04-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Don't count out the COUGARS so fast. They have a little momentum and confidence after the game 4 win. Don't expect them to fold like a cheap tent. They have some swagger in their step again. Watch out GIANT fans! The first goal tonight will be huge either way. Good luck to both teams!

Carebear
04-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Last Friday (the morning of Game 1) I was taking my normal drive to work and on Hastings happened to pass the Cougars bus parked across from the Holiday Inn Express. More than that, there were some young men milling about who were clearly Cougars players. I regret, that shamefully (since my window was down already) I screamed "YOU SUCK COUGARS" while driving by at about 60 K. I felt bad afterwards, like perhaps my adult privileges should be revoked.

So if any of the Cougars read this, my heartfelt apologies for being the crazy lady that screamed at you while driving by. I'm proud to say that this morning I managed to drive by your bus and not yell anything. I just felt sorry CUZ YOUR SEASON ENDS TONIGHT!!!!!!!

AHAHAHHAHAHAH....classic.
Thats like the time I was in Nanaimo and walked past some Clippers players sweeping the sidewalks in the morning..and said "oh..did you guys get thrown out of the game last night?" "no.." "so I can blame the loss on you?.....YAH CHIEFS...CLIPPERS SUCK".

I didn't feel bad though.

SixSixOne
04-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah I wouldn't feel bad at all if I beaked off to some kids my age that just happen to be better hockey players than me ;)

Carebear
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah I wouldn't feel bad at all if I beaked off to some kids my age that just happen to be better hockey players than me ;)

Of course they're better than me...I'm a girl..and I don't play hockey..BUT MY BOYS were better than them! LOL

Section_Z
04-27-2007, 03:20 PM

Wonder if their Tom and Jerry's breakfast gut bomb will slow them down out there...

hannon09
04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
If Cougars can play like they did in game 4 ... ecspaically bowles you Giants fans could be in fer a surprise. You do remember that the cougars won there last 2 seirs in 4 games streaks right? so i wouldnt count them out yet .hope is a great game to watch tonight

Knuckles Muldoon
04-27-2007, 06:59 PM
If Cougars can play like they did in game 4 ...

You mean the key to success is to allow 43 shots against? Let's face it, the Coogs lucked out. Bowles saved their bacon, nothing more.

hannon09
04-27-2007, 07:09 PM
haha ya maybe not exactly like they did but they did have some nice offensive plays and they hadnt showed very much offensive in the first three games lets hope they can do more of that and yes also focus alot more on defense.

rinkrat
04-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Don't expect them to fold like a cheap tent.

Boogaard'd

GF71
04-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Don't count out the COUGARS so fast. They have a little momentum and confidence after the game 4 win. Don't expect them to fold like a cheap tent. They have some swagger in their step again. Watch out GIANT fans! The first goal tonight will be huge either way. Good luck to both teams!

Ummmm Yeah. They didn't even show up. I thought they'd play MUCH better than they did tonight.

dondo
04-28-2007, 12:39 AM
and fold they did -- not unlike a cheap tent :D

Section_Z
04-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Sometimes the snow load in PG collapses the tent like a book of cards...
Goodnight Cougars...Warm up the Bus....

Swando
04-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Sometimes the snow load in PG collapses the tent like a book of cards...
Goodnight Cougars...Warm up the Bus....

Warm up the Chainsaws! Warm up the Chainsaws... that was our cheer lol