PDA

View Full Version : Superstitions keep players in positions

nivek_wahs
04-27-2007, 03:44 AM
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/sports/story.html?id=94897c4d-d4b5-44d2-a396-eec0a7e0d8a5

Superstitions keep players in positions
Prince George goalie Bowles sprints off ice

Steve Ewen, The Province
Published: Friday, April 27, 2007
Scott Bowles' sprint off the ice immediately after his Prince George Cougars scored the overtime winner Wednesday may have looked strange to onlookers, but his teammates understood completely.

Cougars winger Devin Setoguchi said it's one of the many superstitions of the goaltender, although he didn't offer up any others.

"Everyone has their own thing," said Setoguchi. "That's one of Scottie's things.

"You can sit in our dressing room before a game and I call tell you what every guy is going to do, because they're so used to doing it now."

And what about Bowles skipping out on mobbing Setoguchi with the rest of his teammates after the sniper bagged the winner? Setoguchi just chuckled.

"If he can stop 40-plus shots in a game, he can skate off the ice anytime he wants as far as I'm concerned," Setoguchi said of Bowles, who had a 41-save performance in the victory.

SETOGUCHI'S A DANGER

The OT marker was the first of the series for the dangerous Setoguchi. He came into the series with 10 goals in his first 10 playoff games this year.

"It's a big confidence booster," said Setoguchi, who had two assists in the first three games with Vancouver and still leads the league in playoff scoring with 11 goals and 10 assists in 14 games.

Rookie Wright might play

Giants coach Don Hay said Thursday that he was thinking about getting forward James Wright into the lineup for tonight, although he didn't name who would be coming out.

Wright, a rookie with one assist in eight playoff games this year, has been a healthy scratch the past five games.

© The Vancouver Province 2007

puckmam
04-27-2007, 06:46 AM
Good luck to the Cougars tonight! Superstitions are fine with me if they are in our favour!
GO CATS GO!

WestLEAFfan
04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Aren't all goalies known for their eccentricities?!? Whatever works!

hannon09
04-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Mr. Cyr is probaly the most superstitious guys i know

puckmam
04-27-2007, 11:55 AM
they post how many saves a goalie makes but do they keep track of how many shots a player makes other than the ones they score with?

Beaner
04-27-2007, 02:14 PM
they post how many saves a goalie makes but do they keep track of how many shots a player makes other than the ones they score with?

Not officially, but the media and the teams track that stuff. Usually its the backup goal-tender doing that for the teams.

PGlover
04-27-2007, 02:58 PM
I was wondering what was wrong with Scotty when he went running off the ice....I was like "was he upset cause he let in those two goals?" i shoulda thought superstition....lol