View Full Version : Rumsey Salutes Bronco Organization

Scout
04-27-2007, 11:06 AM
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Last updated at 9:22 AM on 27/04/07

Rumsey salutes Bronco organization

The Southwest Booster

Editor:

I recently read the article written by Gary Joyce of ESPN and would like to take this opportunity to comment on in.

I have had the honour and privilege of playing for the Swift Current Broncos for the last four years. During the four years the people living in the city and the organization have been nothing but first class. The fans of the hockey team are passionate, and, for the smallest market in the WHL, do an outstanding job of supporting the team.

I feel as though I have been accepted into the community and I truely now consider Swift Current a second home for me. I can't say enough about the Bronco organization. They have treated me with plenty of respect and dignity and have helped me mature as a person. The coaches and my teammates have been my family for the past four years. I would never change the friendships I have made in these four years for anything in the world.

During the final game of my junior career I unfortunatly sustained a serious knee injury. Due to the seriousness of the injury it required an MRI to be done as soon as possible. Emergency MRI's, for most people who know, are quite costly and are tough to get. The Bronco organization, particularly Dean (General Manager/Head Coach Dean Chynoweth) and Paul (Athletic Trainer Paul Ayotte) not only arranged everything but covered the costs as well. This was something that neither one of them had any obligation to do, but did so for me because they truly care for their players and for their players well being. I can not thank them enough for that.

The team that Dean and Dave (Assistant Coach Dave Hunchak) have assembled is headed in the right direction. They have brought in nothing but great kids who love the game. Next year, I'm sure will be an exciting and succesful season.

I urge the fans to continue their support for the guys like you have done in the past.

I am very proud to have worn a Bronco jersey for my entire WHL career, and am very fortunate to have lived in a city where you are welcomed as a young hockey player like myself.

No matter where you go across Canada where hockey is played the people would know the Swift Current organization and how much support and dedication is required to make this team such a success. I also know that the community suffered through a tremendous tragedy with the bus crash that took the lives of the four players. Brent Ruff, Trent Kresse, Chris Mantyka, and Scott Kruger will always have a place in anyone's heart who have lived in the city of Swift Current and nobody can take that away from you.

Thank you for everything.

Myles Rumsey

Swift Current Broncos 2006-07 Captain

Believer
04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I salute you Myles. Simply put. Thank you for being the person you are. I salute you.

Flathead
04-27-2007, 06:12 PM
I got to know Myles over the last few years and as much praise as he gives to the Swift Current Broncos organization, he deserves back. He is a first class man himself, who gave his heart to community involvement, the team and being an all time great Captain. You were a treat to watch play, and get to know off the ice. Thank you for your letter in the paper, and all the best to you in whatever road you chose to travel. Whenever your in town swing buy for a coffee.

grainbear
04-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Great article. Once again , we see that the dub not only produces hockey players but individuals that rise to the top! Thanks for sharing this article with us .