PDA

View Full Version : Win The First Shift!

WestLEAFfan
04-27-2007, 03:07 PM
The boys need a huge first shift. A big body check, goal, fight or PK to let the GIANTS know it's going to be a long night. Something to build momentum from. We can win this game! nhl

puckmam
04-27-2007, 03:36 PM
No matter what the outcome tonight they should all be proud that they made the city stand up and take notice of their accomplishments! They made us proud with a huge fan base from PG to SK to prove it!

Bruins_Booster
04-28-2007, 12:08 AM
The boys need a huge first shift. A big body check, goal, fight or PK to let the GIANTS know it's going to be a long night. Something to build momentum from. We can win this game! nhl

Well, hate to say it, but the Cougs didn't take your advice tonight. Just returned from the game in Vancouver fully expecting PG to bring some desperation and intensity, but they just didn't bring it tonight. The officiating didn't factor at all, they went down 2 goals early on some big rebounds that Bowles let out and his big "D" men were caught standing on the PK instead of laying it on the line and blocking some shots. After the first, it looked like they had already mailed it in. No big body checks, by the end of the second the shots were 32 to 6 in favour of the G-Men. The only entertainment for the PG fans in attendance was the "Human Bowling" contest at the second intermission. Can't blame Bowles too much on this one as his d-men were absolutely flat (and it was a sour note to end your junior career on). Good luck to the overagers!

WestLEAFfan
04-28-2007, 09:37 AM
No, but they were a tired team. That's not an excuse, just a simple fact. They would have given it more had they been able.

dondo
04-28-2007, 07:22 PM
The only entertainment for the PG fans in attendance was the "Human Bowling" contest at the second intermission.

the one girl going -- o my god, o my god while hurtling towards the pins was priceless. :laugh: :thumb:

old_time_hockey
04-28-2007, 09:00 PM
the one girl going -- o my god, o my god while hurtling towards the pins was priceless. :laugh: :thumb:

How do you get picked to do that anyway? I so want to do that. Being almost 7ft if I stretch my arms out over my head I am a shoe in to win! :thumb:

dondo
04-28-2007, 11:55 PM
^ someone was saying that they pick you out of the crowd in the concourse and approach you to see if you want to participate.

They must -- because we always have out-of-towners (Australia mostly it seems) in the prize games. I'm sure they talk to the hosts to see who might be fun. You'll also notice that there never seem to be any over-weight folks doing that so I'm sure its not random. Beautiful people only please :p

Highlander_Yank
04-28-2007, 11:57 PM
How do you get picked to do that anyway? I so want to do that. Being almost 7ft if I stretch my arms out over my head I am a shoe in to win! :thumb:

At the EEC I think they just ask random people as they walk in the door. That's what happened with the husband of one of my co-workers, anyway.