PDA

View Full Version : WHL Tracker at the top...

Fight Guy
03-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Are the games put in manually, or just autimatically by Realtime site? Because the Swift Current@Regina game is not on there.

The_Vulk
03-05-2005, 05:50 PM
I believe that it is done from the people at Real Time.

So the oversight would have been on their part.

Clicking on the banner, and going to their list of the WHL's schedule, it does show that there are seven games today (not just the six that shows).

http://www.whlrealtime.com/schedule/

ointhecreek
03-05-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm kind of curious, and a bit PO'd as to why it's always the Swift Current games that are omitted. :burningma

IceMan
03-05-2005, 08:13 PM
I'll try and figure it out. Probably bad math on my part, splitting the 7 games into two rows.

You can hit http://www.whlrealtime.com/gameday/ to see the full, current list.

Tinner
03-08-2005, 09:40 PM
its nice to have the tracker, but without going to their site, you can't tell what period your team is in or how much time is left. Maybe we should go back to the WHL realtime tracker!

CHtoo
03-09-2005, 11:25 AM
The current tracker tells very little of what a fan would like to know immediately. Besides I miss having the Bronco scores posted. It's not often we score. :bounce: :D

ointhecreek
03-09-2005, 02:21 PM
The current tracker tells very little of what a fan would like to know immediately. Besides I miss having the Bronco scores posted. It's not often we score. :bounce: :D
LOL! How right you are! :laugh:

IceMan
03-09-2005, 03:52 PM
The WHL's own java tracker is no more accurate than ours is .. we pull the data from the same source. That source does not give us time remaining, or the current period (or even a final). The best that they (or we) can give you is the time of the last game change (time/period of the last goal) as an idication of where in the game we are.

There's only one or 2 rinks that are hooked up in live realtime that report the current time remaining and period. The rest of them only update the web site and database after a score or penalty.

That said .... what more information would you want on the tracker ?