PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Cougs fans

Jimmy
04-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Thank you to all the Cougs fans that kept it civil during the series. There is having a good time razzing your opposition and then there is being insulting and I am glad to say that both team's fans showed very well for themselves. There were many new faces that popped up in this forum as Cougar fans in the last few weeks and supported your team admirably. Hope all of you stick around to renew acquaintances in the late summer/fall.

The series is over but as a Giants fan let me see that I was tickled to see two BC division teams going at it (even better that PG beat the Tips to get to the semis) and the support that PG got together, filling your barn. applause

Come on down next month, and cheer the WHL on in the Memorial Cup, perhaps next year us Giants fans will have to do the same for the Cougs :)

GF71
04-28-2007, 01:41 AM
Gotta agree with that. Great post! :clap:

Swando
04-28-2007, 01:48 AM
No animosity here on the web and it seemed none on the ice. I thot you guys really missed your "C" in our series. I hated him for 3 years since I have been faithfully watching the Giants. I know he floats and will take bad penalties against the Gaints at times but other times he instigates "happenings" with his style of play. Let alone his offensive ability on the PP and other areas. I wanted him in Vancouver as a OA player but was happy the way things turned out with Rabbit, Festerling and Thelan.
Good luck in the draft and 07/08

dondo
04-28-2007, 01:48 AM
agreed I did not have a problem with any Cougars fans (well except for that one guy with the cowbell tonight :p ), or really any Cougars players -- I did not see any real nasty cheap shots (although that roughing to the back of the head of the prone player on the ice was kinda gutless)

but all in all a good series ... other than that -- as above -- great post Jimmy

puckmam
04-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Congrats Giants! It was a great series and at the start few believed the Cougs would get this far. They worked hard and made us proud. They are more than a team, they love each other and have become a family. PG is filling the Centre again and hockey is alive again here.
GO GIANTS with the next one!

Sput
04-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks Jimmy, for the post. Even tho I know there is now love loss between these teams, and sometimes the fans, the Cougs were beat by a better team. There were a couple of posts that I could have got into quite the discussion, but didn't think it was worth the extra stress.(Mostly on the difference between seeing a game thru Giants fans eyes and Cougars fans eyes. Its all a matter of perspective.)

Congrats Giants. You have a good team there. applause

WestLEAFfan
04-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Congratulations GIANTS and fans on a well deserved series win. Thanks for the "good will" hockey talk throughout round 3. I hope you beat the TIGERS and get a Mem Cup berth via the front door. I personally don't think anybody can beat you. You're a very well coached and well rounded team. applause

dondo
04-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks Jimmy, for the post. Even tho I know there is now love loss between these teams, and sometimes the fans, the Cougs were beat by a better team. There were a couple of posts that I could have got into quite the discussion, but didn't think it was worth the extra stress.(Mostly on the difference between seeing a game thru Giants fans eyes and Cougars fans eyes. Its all a matter of perspective.)

Congrats Giants. You have a good team there. applause

you are right of course Sput .. perspective is a huge thing in so many ways ..