PDA

View Full Version : who ya gona call ?

grainbear
05-01-2007, 06:35 PM
It certainly makes you wonder, in an interview a few days ago Stasiuk made the comment that he was certainly happy that the Canes were picking early in the draft because he implied that it was a very average draft coming up. Sounds good when u consider we have 2 in the first , none in the second and another 2 in the third then nothing in the 4,5 and 7 th. Then I read the Hitmens and Regina sites and they say that it is quality draft and a deep pool. Is our Gm speaking through colored glasses or only attempting to explain why we have given up our middle draft picks. Yes , I realize we have a lot of talent in the 1990 and 1991 previous drafts currently not on the team but what is the real scoop? Once again results will speak as we hit the ice this fall. I hope he is right !

shushu
05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
It certainly makes you wonder, in an interview a few days ago Stasiuk made the comment that he was certainly happy that the Canes were picking early in the draft because he implied that it was a very average draft coming up. Sounds good when u consider we have 2 in the first , none in the second and another 2 in the third then nothing in the 4,5 and 7 th. Then I read the Hitmens and Regina sites and they say that it is quality draft and a deep pool. Is our Gm speaking through colored glasses or only attempting to explain why we have given up our middle draft picks. Yes , I realize we have a lot of talent in the 1990 and 1991 previous drafts currently not on the team but what is the real scoop? Once again results will speak as we hit the ice this fall. I hope he is right !

its impossible to make sence out of almost anything that come out of certain peoples mouths. . look at fadden and yash , wonderfull trades then look at yellowhorn and kaye , it hard to believe that its the same person. there is so many question marks with this current management the only thing that holds true with these boys is money money money. from the playoff packages to the current payment plan for next season. it make a person leary about dropping 400 hundred buck early in the year before seeing what happens with summer trades and unresolved conflict (rumor or not ). and which one of his faces will be taking care of business.

Swando
05-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm reading your posts and would feel the same way. My comment is that the Vancouver Giants owner is an avid hockey fan #1 and owner 2nd. He sticks his $ where his mouth is. As a result he and the Giants come across as "uppity" but in reading your comments I am glad the an owner's first concern is talent and not $$. Maybe I'm wrong but it's just MO.

shushu
05-01-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm reading your posts and would feel the same way. My comment is that the Vancouver Giants owner is an avid hockey fan #1 and owner 2nd. He sticks his $ where his mouth is. As a result he and the Giants come across as "uppity" but in reading your comments I am glad the an owner's first concern is talent and not $$. Maybe I'm wrong but it's just MO.

lethbridge is cash first. fans second everything connected with this gm is all about profit. its hard to compare the two clubs one is in the whl finals and the other will probably never get there. but our team wants your money in full 4 months before the season even starts or its a 50 dollar increase from last year if you pay at the start of the season. i could see this if we were the giant and the record they have had in the last few years but guess what were not .

canes77
05-02-2007, 01:10 AM
I also believe the Canes are money first, which isnt too bad unless they are money dumb at the same time...I dunno how many consecutive years it is now, but the ticket prices continue to increase each season...yet we still cannot get 3000 fans into some of the games...I think the adult ticket will be $18 next season, and then you hear mgmt wondering why games do not sell out...Hmm, try selling a $10 ticket for all ages, not just youths, maybe you'll average 4500 or 5000 fans...plus you'd get less kids running around the concourse and more adults genuinely interested in the game. Business schools would laugh if they ever analyzed the Canes.

Im also a Toronto Blue Jays fan, when they have those $2 weekday ticket promotions...they get 40 000 or 50 000 people at a game, rather than the average game of 15 000...Ticket prices usually have a reverse effect on attendance levels.