PDA

View Full Version : Wow pretty quiet lately......

90-91
03-05-2005, 08:41 PM
The Barry Melrose rumor from the other board had me thinking :spineyes: I don't believe for a second that Melrose is heading here, but............If he did think about this.

#1 A rough physical team, just like Melrose was as a player.
#2 Greeeeeeat pre and post game interviews.
#3 "The Buck Stops Here" attitude so sorely needed here.
#4 IMO a very competitive team year in year out (just like Sutter)
#5 the team would be owned by a HOCKEY person

I don't think Melrose would come here as an "employee", it would be ownership or nothing. As an Owner, GM, Coach he would have total control......but ALL the responsibility for team success....no more looking over the shoulder..."the coach is an idiot, the GM can't draft or trade for s@%t, the scouts couldn't find a good player to save their lives, the owner has to open his wallet with a crow bar"
It would be a breath of fresh air to hear someone.......anyone take responsability for team success or...........failure.
The pipe dream will never happen.......but it's nice to dream anyway. :)

upper level fan
03-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Melrose coming here would be a dream come true. But unfortunatly all it will ever be is a dream. Lets hope the boys can play like they did in the second and third last night and get another win. As i was just checking and tri is already up on portland.

90-91
03-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Melrose coming here would be a dream come true. But unfortunatly all it will ever be is a dream. Lets hope the boys can play like they did in the second and third last night and get another win. As i was just checking and tri is already up on portland.
I agree, it looks like the boys are playing catch-up again......

Another bright spot of bringing in Melrose would be if he brought Clemente and Engblom along with him to replace Boyle.......I'll bet they both could pronounce Byfuglien correctly without the explanation every time.

upper level fan
03-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Another bright spot of bringing in Melrose would be if he brought Clemente and Engblom along with him to replace Boyle.......I'll bet they both could pronounce Byfuglien correctly without the explanation every time.
Ya but if they were here we woldnt have anybody to laugh at when were sitting at home listening to road games.

90-91
03-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Ya but if they were here we woldnt have anybody to laugh at when were sitting at home listening to road games.
How true.......But honestly the guy has gotten a lot better.....when he first started the radio call was a total joke....much better now.....but still a far cry from Craig West. Bobby Brett :clown: still trying to save a few bucks and keep total control IMO.

bcboy
03-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Ya he has gotten alot better but I still listen to the other teams play by play man alot.

90-91
03-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Ya he has gotten alot better but I still listen to the other teams play by play man alot.
I still listen to him......only because I'd rather hear a Spoke. homer than a homer from another team......I think Boyle found out that it's a big jump from state B basket ball to Major Junior. It amazes me that these guys travel as much as they do and still enjoy their work. I can understand NHL guys traveling by plane but...........hour after hour on the bus would drive me crazy :skeptical