PDA

View Full Version : Tigers vs lethbridge

Tiger Trauma
03-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Wow this one was a dandy....leth had 1 extra skater for the last 2 minutes.....the 15 yr. old vancouver giants prospect played 4 minutes with 1 save.....Keetly pounded on sorochan.......line brawl......im trying to be unbiased...and its hard to keep an eye out for each fight but.....it looked like all 5 fights ...well....6 fights were won by the tigers......even 2 euros went at it afterwards.......Versteg...jumped russel.....seabrook jumped baldwin....
????jumped mcarthur.....maxwell jumped....Gulasi???....man was my heart pounding...even the 5 little lethbridge kids that i saw were cheering

Kassian
03-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Of course they were cheering. Kids love the fights! :groovy:

Nielson11
03-06-2005, 08:50 AM
I work at B 93/Country 95.5 in Lethbridge....I was listening to the call that our play-by-play guy Brad Curle had on that brawl.....it sounded insane in The Arena.

I would like to know what happen with this knee on Yellow Horn, was it pretty bad?? Cheap??

And how about Sorochan and Keatly going at it....man I hope these two meet in the post-season somewhere.

Nielson

tiger fan 4 life
03-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Yes, the knee on knee was a bad one, but not intentional as it looked like Yellowhorn was trying to avoid the hit and got caught in a bad position. I hope the injury is not too serious as he is a big part of the Canes firepower. Great fight by the goalies at center ice - I don't think Sorochan realized how big Keetley is until he skated toward him and by then it was too late. He got absolutely pummeled by a much bigger goalie. Great old time hockey - the Lethbridge Medicine Hat rivalry is back and better than ever!!! Hope to meet up again in the playoffs.

loudi94
03-06-2005, 02:00 PM
Just curious, how accurate are the reports that the fans booed as Yellowhorn was being taken off the ice?

grumphy
03-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Just curious, how accurate are the reports that the fans booed as Yellowhorn was being taken off the ice?
He played dead three times previously only to meracusly come to life once the call was made........who knows whether he was faking again or not------cry wolf often enough no one listens anymore

grumphy
03-06-2005, 02:47 PM
I wounder what the suspension totals will be from last night. Although very entertaining, it's to bad McLean lost all control half way through the first. This would have been a good one for Sports Net

loudi94
03-06-2005, 03:25 PM
He played dead three times previously only to meracusly come to life once the call was made........who knows whether he was faking again or not------cry wolf often enough no one listens anymore

So I take it that they did boo as he was helped off the ice. It's a shame. People do tend to lose perspective once blood lust takes over that these players are still kids. Did they boo Chapman as he lay bleeding on the ice too?

Nielson11
03-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Loudi.....the Medicine Hat Fans did boo Colton...and when the kid who kneed him....Gord Baldwin...let the ice for the major and game misconduct...they cheered him, rowsing applause.

I don't care if the kid is on your team or not....you don't cheer for injuring another teenager.

AHTIGERS
03-06-2005, 04:30 PM
maybe the fans were cheering for baldwin for his fight after the hit. i know that's what i was cheering for. and i was sitting right by yellowhorn as he was on the ice after the knee on knee collision. even though i booed him earlier when the coaching staff told him to get up after drawing a penalty because if the trainer had to come out, he would have to sit off a shift during the powerplay. When he left the ice with the knee injury, i did clap. and the cheers for baldwin around where i was sitting was because of the fight, not because of the knee

loudi94
03-06-2005, 04:50 PM
maybe the fans were cheering for baldwin for his fight after the hit. i know that's what i was cheering for. and i was sitting right by yellowhorn as he was on the ice after the knee on knee collision. even though i booed him earlier when the coaching staff told him to get up after drawing a penalty because if the trainer had to come out, he would have to sit off a shift during the powerplay. When he left the ice with the knee injury, i did clap. and the cheers for baldwin around where i was sitting was because of the fight, not because of the knee

I didn't bring it up to condemn Tiger fans. I know it happens from time to time in every arena. It just amazes me that people can get so wrapped up in what they're seeing that they lose perspective and their moral compass gets thrown for a loop.
Having said that, I imagine if these two meet up in the playoffs, there won't be much of either team left for the next round.

grumphy
03-07-2005, 11:10 AM
I didn't bring it up to condemn Tiger fans. I know it happens from time to time in every arena. It just amazes me that people can get so wrapped up in what they're seeing that they lose perspective and their moral compass gets thrown for a loop.
Having said that, I imagine if these two meet up in the playoffs, there won't be much of either team left for the next round.
You have to realize that there was a lot going on @ the same time, Yellowhorn was down, Baldwin got jumped resulting in a fight, Sorochan was outside the blueline trying to get Keets to go. As it played out I think there was clapping for Yellowhorn, Boos for the Baldwin jump and the kneeing call from Mclean as well as for no call on the goalie, and the finger the guy that went with Baldwin gave the crowd as he left the ice, cheers for Baldwin's win. That was the read from the section I sit in at any rate.
You needed a program to keep track of all the action :)

Tiger Trauma
03-07-2005, 01:35 PM
The only time i heard they booed yellowhorn was a minor incident down in lethbridge's zone...where he fell down "hurt"...got the call from the ref......skated to the bench and was on the ice 30 seconds later.....I think they were cheereing baldwin because he just went toeto toe with seabrook...after seabrook clearly had an advantage in jumping him.....at least that's why i was cheering

loudi94
03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
That all seems fair enough. There was a lot going on all at once and perceptions and interpretations can vary in that situation.

However, because of the article that appeared in the Herald today, I do fear that the next time these two teams play the fans will end up getting into it. The reason I say this is that although the respective fans seemed to get along at the Enmax this season, I noticed at the last game some Lethbridge fans throwing stuff at the Tiger fans that were dressed up and sitting by the glass. When they came head to head they ended up chatting and shaking hands. I don't see it being as pleasant the next time. Apparently there used to be police all the time during these games when the rivalry was hot. Looks like it's going to be taken up a notch. Of course Lethbridge fans need not worry about being threatened at Tiger games as there are never any seats available. ;)

grumphy
03-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Good reply loudi I had forgotten the days when the police were a living forse @ all tigs/canes games :laugh: