PDA

View Full Version : Blades pick Crooks a steal?

Trav
05-03-2007, 10:26 PM
The kid was one of the top scorers in the bantam AAA league in Alberta yet he was drafted late. Not commited to the WHL or what. I see he's small but small guys can play in the league now.

howley
05-03-2007, 10:53 PM
just ask visnak....

Trav
05-03-2007, 11:03 PM
bigger then Visnak lol.

Shortys
05-03-2007, 11:11 PM
I think the Blades were probable surprised he was still around, and took the opportunity to grab him. I dont think that Lorne would pick anyone that he or someone on the scouting staff didn't talk to beforehand, and he can talk his way into many players that have doubrs about playing in the dub. Other teams may have talked with Crooks, but he might have not shown any interest, therefore they didnt pick him. Either way, I think this draft has been very benifitial to the blades. I cant wait to see all these players in camp, and hope to see at least Inglis in the ice breaker tournament!

Trav
05-03-2007, 11:59 PM
I saw Nicholls comments and he seems to be excited bout coming here. I to am looking forward to training camp. I'm sure Inglis and Nicholls will be signed in no time.

dondo
05-04-2007, 11:24 PM
we drafted a guy who is 5' 3" 125lbs :eek: :skeptical must have some mad skills for him to be picked me-thinks