PDA

View Full Version : Weber?

RocketMan
03-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Any word on the status of Weber? Shaw TV's commentors didn't provide much info other than to say it was a possible knee injury. I hope we hear something more early in the week and hopefully more than "it's a lower body injury". Losing Weber for any length of time is, obviously, quite a blow to the club.

Chipper
03-06-2005, 10:41 AM
It sounds like Nigel Dawes has an undisclosed injury also. He went off the ice in the Blazer game and did not take in the ice skills compitition last night in Cranbrook hope both these guys have minor injuries.

mccabe23
03-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I heard Weber has a bruised knee and will be fine. But I guess in the game of hockey, ya never know! Shea's a tough kid. :thumb:

kevanie97
03-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Weber played the rest of the game, it looked more like he hurt his stomach area, possibly got the wind knocked out of him.

mccabe23
03-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Weber never came back for the third period so Kelowna ran 4 d-men in the third.

Teaps
03-06-2005, 03:12 PM
He wasn't even on the bench for the third Kevanie

mccabe23
03-06-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't know how the rest of you saw it but I didn't like the hit. Did Weber even have the puck at the time? Weber has had his fair share of cheap hits this year and I guess that is the price he has to pay for being an elite player. Hopefully when he returns, he will play with a little more fire in his belly as he seemed to have lost it since retuning from the WJHC. Weber is at his best when he is in a pissy mood. He will be a force come playoff time, that's for sure. Here's to a speedy recovery, Shea! :thumb:

kelownakarl
03-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Heres hoping he will be alright.

kevanie97
03-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Sorry guys now that I think about it I didn't watch the third period, just taped it. I will be talking to Truitt tommorrow and will see if i can get an update.

mccabe23
03-06-2005, 08:31 PM
I will be talking to Truitt tommorrow and will see if i can get an update.

I for one, look forward to any update you can get. :)

Sammy
03-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Word is that he tore a ligament in his knee & could be gone for at least 3 weeks, maybe more.

Teaps
03-07-2005, 12:25 PM
If u read that in the paper.......I also read, deep bruising, and twisted knee...Don't start Rumors Sammy.....

mccabe23
03-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Either way, it sounds like Weber may miss a few games. I say rest him up until the playoffs. We can get by without him although Couture may have to suck it up and come back sooner. And Joe will see alot of ice. Wether we finish first or second, we will still do fine in the playoffs. Looking at our schedule, we shuld still be able to finish first anyway.

Chipper
03-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Webber is an elite player and he would have to have a broken leg to keep him out very long. I'm sure he will be back very soon and play through his injury.

mccabe23
03-07-2005, 01:10 PM
I twisted my knee years ago and I'll tell you this....it isn't fun! To this day, it still goes out on me. But with the technology today, I'm sure his knee will be 100% shortly. Weber's knee will be a target for other clubs now and he will have to be extra alert out there.

I agree with Chipper. Weber is an elite athlete and tough as nails. He will play hurt if need be and still be a force out there. Kelowna has been lucky this year for injuries. Besides Reinholt and the recent broken finger to Couture, Kelowna has remained healthy all year.

mccabe23
03-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Weber is listed as day-to-day with a leg injury on the WHL website. Let's all hope he gets back into game action soon. Best wishes Shea! :wave:

mccabe23
03-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Not good. Heard on CHBC tonight that Weber will be out 3-6 weeks with a knee injury. The fight for first place has just taken another twist. Rockets should be ok.

Chipper
03-08-2005, 10:41 PM
That realy sucks. We Ice fans want to win the league title but don't like to see star players or anyone go down this time of year. I think it still will be down to the last game to see just who will come out on top. Hope webber can make a quick come back and get back befor the playoffs.

mccabe23
03-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Hey Chipper! Congrats on the win tonight and enjoy first place!.....at least for 24 hours! Go Rockets!!!

Weber will be fine and it will do nobody good for him to try and come back early. We have the depth to be ok on defense and we can move Bauer back if need be.

Teaps
03-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Remember we were without the sevices of Shea from Dec 14th - Jan 8th and our record in that time was 4-3-2-1...Not bad without our star defenseman...

Spungy
03-08-2005, 11:49 PM
I hope he has a speedy recovery!!

First feels good again :D

Jovorock
03-09-2005, 12:03 PM
I hope he has a speedy recovery!!

First feels good again :D
Ya its crappy to lose your best defenseman, but Cumisky, Card, Palin and deschamps will have to make up the difference. Joe is getting better every game and Bauer filled in pretty good, so I'm not worried. Hopefully getting Couture back next weekend, should be fine.

RocketMan
03-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Damn, now Comeau as well. The injuries are starting to pile up just at the wrong friggin' time. The Rockets though are deep as they've already proven and with the balanced scoring they have they should be ok and still finish first overall.