PDA

View Full Version : Savage and Peewee Herman

Swando
05-05-2007, 10:19 PM
I think I started this same thread once against the PG Cougars. These two refs proved once again that regardless of the talent on the ice and intensity the game they have the ability to "put the emphasis on themselves" rather than hockey. Don't get me wrong the Tigers I thot were the better team tonight or should I say better than last night. But I think the tone for the game was set these jokers from the opening face off.

"The same cast of characters" is what Bonner describes these 2. Enough said............anybody for taking out a contract on them? Bonner didn't say this I did.

Giantsfan
05-05-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't think the Tigers were the better team tonight, except for the fact the Gmen were on the penalty kill most of the game. Hard to win a game when the refs call anything & everything they can.

Priceisright
05-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Ya whats up with us seeming to always having more or way more penalties than the opposition. :spineyes: It's no wonder we don't win games a bit more easier. I really think the league etc don't like the Giants organization.

Swando
05-05-2007, 11:00 PM
G71 I didn't want to sound like a sore homer that's why I added they were at least better than last night which they were. I also retract my comment of taking out a contract. That was a childish comment on my part. Hate to see such a one sided affair when it comes to officiating!

Swando
05-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Ya whats up with us seeming to always having more or way more penalties than the opposition. :spineyes: It's no wonder we don't win games a bit more easier. I really think the league etc don't like the Giants organization.

Do you remember the song in the 80's that had saying 'It's kind of lonely at the top" Some people and in this case Savage and Herman love to hate the Giants and know just the way to do so. Get Watt going by calling anything close and then not calling it against. The goalie interference call on McArdle was another prime way that the get under your skin. I'd compare Savage and Herman as refs like I see Dorsett as a hockey player

dondo
05-05-2007, 11:54 PM
I think the Tigers were the better team tonight GF. They were skating a bit harder than the Giants. The Giants got caught up in a bit of over-hitting and forgot to go to the net until late in the game.

That said the officiating was insanely lop-sided and as Swando said the tone was set from the get-go by some seriously poor decisions being made. I don't know why McArdle was such a ref target tonight, must have told one of them to do something not repeatable in this venue or maybe reminded them how completely useless and biased they were.

Oh and I still say that Undershute kicked that puck in, but w/e.

Their are 5 officials in the ref pool hopefully these two idiots don't get paired up again. :spineyes: :skeptical

Carebear
05-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Oh and I still say that Undershute kicked that puck in, but w/e.

No he didn't.
I would have loved to have seen the goal disallowed..but he didn't kick it in.
If anything it went off the side of his skate, but there was no "distinct kicking motion" as required.

dondo
05-06-2007, 12:33 PM
where's the support CB?? Where's the love..? come-on :p dancing pi

okay maybe that bit was sour grapes .. but it was re-directed back in the net off the side of his skate and the overhead shot had that skate blocked by the players and the goalie so there was really no way to see whether or not there was a flick of the skate (or in official terms a distinct kicking motion).

I trust you'll be there on Tuesday to keep me in line then? :D

Carebear
05-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Sure will.
SAVE MY SEATS! :D

Kassian
05-07-2007, 12:53 AM
The officiating was terrible. Not only was the goaltender interference call on McArdle garbage but the slashing penalty on Lucic was extremely weak. If that's a penalty then players should be in the box constantly for slashing. Most slashes twice as hard as that don't get called. That was a best a love tap yet for whatever reason it warranted two minutes. :dead:

dondo
05-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Sure will.
SAVE MY SEATS! :D

you got it :thumb:

steamer1112
05-07-2007, 01:45 AM
As soon as I saw who the refs were I thought that there was no way the Giants would win last night. The refs just held off to let the Giants appear to be coming on then BANG, back to the invisible penalties. Does anyone remember who the refs were in game two of the Chilliwack series? That game was even more poorly reffed.

bandwagonboy
05-07-2007, 10:17 AM
So the only time the Giants can possibly lose is when the refs screw them.

Bad officiating is a big part of this league. You either play through it or you go home. That's what champions do. Losers blame the refs.

In game 2 the tigers were outskating the giants and winning the battles. That's why they outchanced the giants, and that's why they won. The giants weren't moving their feet and that's why they got the hooking/holding calls.

Section C rules
05-07-2007, 12:13 PM

Bad officiating is a big part of this league. You either play through it or you go home. That's what champions do. Losers blame the refs.

In game 2 the tigers were outskating the giants and winning the battles. That's why they outchanced the giants, and that's why they won. The giants weren't moving their feet and that's why they got the hooking/holding calls.

I agree. But I still wish something could be done to improve the officiating. It becomes a lot harder for me to enjoy a game when I can't understand why something was or wasn't called. Just to give an example, if they wanna call a Tiger stepping on Watt's stick a tripping call, then I'm okay with it because I assume that the ref is setting some sort of precidence. But late in the third there was an actual trip that was right in the heart of the play, and blatant where one player got dropped to the ice and it was like nothing happened. If it was a trip, call it as such. If it was a dive, do the same. But to take no action sends a message that I don't understand.

As for the Giants not moving their feet, I'd have to say that was possibly the only thing more frustrating than the reffing. They play well and hard for such long periods, then take one break and get caught by the ref and it's no one's fault but their own.

Kassian
05-07-2007, 01:06 PM

Nobody said that.

The Tigers played a better in game two but they didn't win because they out skated the Giants or won more battles. They outchanced the Giants because they had 5 more PP's. Hooking and holding calls had nothing to do with the Giants losing that game. Weak "goaltender interference" penalties and a slashing penalty like the one on Lucic was a bigger reason why they lost. Weak calls that aren't called 9 out of 10 times.

dondo
05-07-2007, 11:45 PM
I agree with Kassian I am not blaming the refs for the loss per-se --- or saying that the Tigers could not have possibly won without it, but the calls were just plain dumb to a point where it felt like to me that Savage and Herman had been paid off -- it was that ridiculous.

explain to me the goalie interference
the .. ahem .. "slash" (tap on the butt) .. when I watched a few choice two-handers on the other side not called.

It just frustrating watching that poor of officiating in a WHL Final -- bad calls here and there sure -- but what took place in game two was criminal.