PDA

View Full Version : Tigers tie series 1-1

Tiger Trauma
05-05-2007, 11:01 PM
What a game. Fisticuffs right off the opening faceoff.

McCardle has been wanting to go with dorsett all last game, but dorsett has declined because of his recent broken wrist. So right off the faceoff Mcardle and dorsett wiggle thier gloves, and big bendfeld steps in and goes with him. I give credit to Mcardle for staying in there, most guys would have probably backed up right there. I give the edge to bendfeld, mcardle got a rabbit punch in at the end but otherwise it was bendefeld throwing them.

That event, i thought got Mcardle of his game. He did play with a jump in his step , but those penalties he took cost him.

I thought the tigers played a little better tonight, a little more oomf into thier game. The giants though, man are they a good team. They take half a second to control the puck, then the dump it or pass it, their pucks skills are a big asset, rarely are they out of position.

I'm estatic that we won tonight, and hoping we can win 2 of the 3 in vancouver, or at least one game so we get another game at the arena.

For once i think the tigers are the underdogs, but at least we proved we can win against the giants

Swando
05-05-2007, 11:11 PM
TT... I believe the Giants are the underdogs based on the league standings.
I will say that the Tigers played better tonight BUT I think you failed to mention the big advantage they had with Savage and Herman calling the game tonight. Very few if any breaks went Giants way and they played a big portion of the 2nd short handed. This is the way it is every time these 2 refs call a game and when they are together it is the worst. I enjoyed few calls like the previous game. Better flow to the game. To tie it a 2 was a big plus for the Gmen. Good play by Schenko (sp)on his pass for the winning goal.

dondo
05-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Taking nothing away from the Tigers effort which I think was better tonight, but they really did get a huge gift at the start with the bogus calls off the bat. the Giants should have started the game on the PP after Bendfeld stepped in, but the lame additional penalty to McArdle to even it up was simply unjustified.

I appreciated McArdle standing in there (sort of) with Bendfeld though.

Does anyone know what McArdle got called for for the 10 minute misconduct mid-game? I see a bunch of jostling near the benches and then McArdle is in the box.

Also TT what's the animosity with McArdle? Was it the sort of spear with extra bonus acting from Dorsett, or does it go back to his Moose Jaw days? As far as I have seen from him these playoffs he is not a cheap player and does not take cheap shots like Watt does.

Tiger9
05-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Kendi got the 10 minute misconduct for yyyyapping his mouth to the refs after he got a penalty for close-lining Dorsett.

The calls at the beginning of the game were the right calls...somewhat. McArdle drops his gloves (automatic unsportsman-like penalty) and 5 for fighting. Bendfeld gets 2 for instigating (bogus call, McArdle dropped his gloves first) 5 for fighting and a 10 minute misconduct. Dorsett and Mahachek get 10's for not staying at the bench. Mahachek and Festerling went over to center ice and were yapping at Dorsett. They missed Festerling who was in there too. So the calls did not shaft the Giants, they should be happy with what they got!!

And Dodo, how can you ask TT why the anamosity with Kendi, when all we here from you is Dorsett this, Dorsett that, some one should jump Dorsett??? I like the part about Dorsett acting on the spear....Kendi can do nothing wrong?? Both players are trying to play the agitator role, so shut up and let them do whatever on the ice. We are fans, there is nothing that we can say or do that will change what happens on the ice. Keep the topics to the great play of Sexsmith or that Regner kid, who has totally impressed me!!

dondo
05-06-2007, 02:27 PM
that's no fun T9 :thumb::D

and no -- Kenndal is allowing himself to get caught up in this -- its odd that this is first time I have seen cheap play from Kenndal and I don't like it. I freely lambaste Watt for his cheap shots, but the actions of Kenndal have frankly surprised me, as he has not been known for the cheap stuff. Dorsett's antics however precede this series and are widely known throughout the league and by the refs so I'm just surprised that he isn't being called on them.

and what I was asking was whether or the not the animosity came from old Moose Jaw days or just this series, not questioning the booing in and of itself.

This a forum and as such should be a place to discuss all of our feelings about the game(s) not just the players and the game, but the players and the game are the most important.

I do have to say I was very impressed with Russell on Saturday, he upped his level and it showed and Keetley is making some stellar stops.

Should be a good game three -- hopefully the boys are allowed to play and stow the cheap stuff.

Tiger Trauma
05-06-2007, 02:47 PM
I think the reason why most fans were booing is cause what happened at the start of game 1. MCardle does like to "play" to the crowd and i think that didnt help his case either.

As for the reffing, I really dont like savage's style. We did have the benifit of the doubt in that department last night.

I hope next game the ennis, bosch line gets hot, when they do they are a treat to watch.

Trevor glass was also a scratch. Last game he took a couple big hits in one shift. Hopefully he doesnt have another concussion. I think he's gotta have his head on a swivel a bit more. Whenever he goes into a corner I cringe when someone hits him, cause you wonder if he knows that thier there.

Tiger Trauma
05-06-2007, 03:04 PM
There was a game in MJ where both players got on each others nerve.

I remember Dorsett crunched a warrior on the boards, partly from behind. MCardle was furious, and promptly skated over to dorsett, and they went at it. With Mcardle getting the clear decision.

On a side note:
Whenever i hear the name MCardle it reminds me of spaghetti, or noodles haha