PDA

View Full Version : Crowd size this week.

Knuckles Muldoon
05-06-2007, 02:34 PM
With a brilliant final now in progress, and the Orca Bay Can't-Shoot-Straights out of the playoffs, how big will the crowds be this week? It's tough to imagine they'll jump from 6,000 upto 13,000 (although in all rights, they should), but there's no reason not to have at least 10,000 in there. Am I right people? What says yous guys?

dondo
05-06-2007, 02:45 PM
I expect 9-10K and a concourse filled with disgruntled drunken former Canucks bandwagoners

.. not sure which I prefer the stands filled with vocal but uninformed people or a small focused hockey (WHL) savvy crowd who are quiet but are for the most part intently watching the game.

Although the smaller crowds disappoint me I think I'd rather have more real fans than just big volume.

Knuckles Muldoon
05-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I expect 9-10K and a concourse filled with disgruntled drunken former Canucks bandwagoners

.. not sure which I prefer the stands filled with vocal but uninformed people or a small focused hockey (WHL) savvy crowd who are quiet but are for the most part intently watching the game.

Although the smaller crowds disappoint me I think I'd rather have more real fans than just big volume.

While I agree, I think it's more important for our boys to look up in the stands and see lots of support. They deserve that feeling. I can deal with the clowns, the beer and rudeness. I think its a good shot in the arm for the lads to feel like their efforts are appreciated. And in this series, a hometown boost might just be a necessary ingredient.

Giantsfan
05-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Rarely, & I mean rarely, do I see a bunch of druken clowns at the game. If it bothers you so much tell security. They usually take you out immediately, & ask questions later.

I hope there is a big crowd there to make the place loud. I think maybe 10-11 thousand.

Swando
05-06-2007, 07:16 PM
As much as I like a pleasent stroll around the concourse each period, I'd love to see a sell-out. Toigo and the rest of the Giants ownership/management deserve the benefits. They treat the players with Pro class (not the season ticket holders though) and Toigo puts a lot of $ back into the franchise. And as others mentioned the players like to look up and see a packed house! Just MO.

old_time_hockey
05-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I find if you put your shoulder into drunk Canuck fans they don't know what just happened cause they aren't used to physical play :laugh: Then they get out of your way pbj.

I am going to write another letter to the PNE and ask them for god knows how many times..Get the popcorn and candy vendors OUT of the way. Take those stupid tables that they have in the west concourse out. Who needs them? The most I see them supporting is the 2nd beer someone bought.

But I will sacrifice a little longer wait time in the bathroom to see 10-12,000 people willing to boo Dorsett back to MH.

dondo
05-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Rarely, & I mean rarely, do I see a bunch of druken clowns at the game. If it bothers you so much tell security. They usually take you out immediately, & ask questions later.

I hope there is a big crowd there to make the place loud. I think maybe 10-11 thousand.

true enough security at the games is very quick to throw out drunks or folks that are pouring their own bevvies in the seats -- its more the loudness for loudness sake that I was talking about, but I can deal with that if it elevates the team. :thumb:

Bruins_Booster
05-06-2007, 10:15 PM
true enough security at the games is very quick to throw out drunks or folks that are pouring their own bevvies in the seats -- its more the loudness for loudness sake that I was talking about, but I can deal with that if it elevates the team. :thumb:

Wish they would have thrown out the clown a row above section M row 13 in the series clincher vs. PG :laugh: Before the puck even dropped he just bellowed, "Let's go Giants, let's go Canucks" non-stop for about 20 minutes. I don't have a problem with that, but when he was getting some little kids to yet out, "Cougars suck, oh yeah, except I like a different type of cougar" right in the presence of the kids' parents, I couldn't believe it.

A co-worker who is a die-hard Giants fan with season's tickets was sitting in front of me. I asked her if he was a regular, and she said no and rolled her eyes. He spilled half a vat on a woman's jacket who was sitting beside the co-worker. Clowns like that give any teams' fans a bad name....and it's not the behaviour I've seen from the Giants' devout fans who make the trip out our way either. :thumb:

GF71
05-06-2007, 10:43 PM

Nice name. ;)

You have obviously never experienced Orca Fan. :burningma

Swando
05-06-2007, 11:33 PM

How about changing your name. We have a poster here that many of us admire his posts and hate to mix them up. Get a little original okay.

Giantsfan
05-07-2007, 12:05 AM
I've had the name Giantsfan for over 5 years, on other message boards, why should I change it? Don't worry, I am not.

ihlemic10
05-07-2007, 12:44 PM
With a brilliant final now in progress, and the Orca Bay Can't-Shoot-Straights out of the playoffs, how big will the crowds be this week? It's tough to imagine they'll jump from 6,000 upto 13,000 (although in all rights, they should), but there's no reason not to have at least 10,000 in there. Am I right people? What says yous guys?

It makes me wearing my Everett jersey there that much more fun. :) Should be up Wednesday to see some great hockey.

old_time_hockey
05-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Will be interesting to see how many groups show up to take advantage of that special group ticket offer emailed out to STHs.

The skinny of it is if you get a group of 10 or more, a STH can buy the tickets for $13.50 each with NO Ticketcrook fees.

I forwarded it to my co-workers and said if you can get a group of 10, let me know.

Good marketing idea to get some fresh faces out. But why not do it earlier in the season to try and hook some new fans? Is this in desparation to fill seats? You can get a block of 10 seats in Sec. S row 3 still.

Section_Z
05-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Will be interesting to see how many groups show up to take advantage of that special group ticket offer emailed out to STHs.

The skinny of it is if you get a group of 10 or more, a STH can buy the tickets for $13.50 each with NO Ticketcrook fees.

I forwarded it to my co-workers and said if you can get a group of 10, let me know.

Good marketing idea to get some fresh faces out. But why not do it earlier in the season to try and hook some new fans? Is this in desparation to fill seats? You can get a block of 10 seats in Sec. S row 3 still.

You can do this throughout the year....It's usually more like 15 tickets. But I've been a couple short a couple of times, and since we already have our season's tix, the ticket office puts it through.

Are the tickets really only 13.50 for the final round though? That would be less that what most STH are paying?

old_time_hockey
05-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Normal group rates start at 15 people and only get you a buck off per ticket and then are subject to Ticketcrook fees. Group organizer gets a gift of tickets to another game.

I pay $13.50 a game for all 4 rounds as a STH. Reds are $21.50 right now I believe?? + the $3 fee. So this is a really good deal. STH pricing with no fees.

Carebear
05-07-2007, 04:00 PM
You can get a block of 10 seats in Sec. S row 3 still.

Thats because rows 1-5 are considered BAD NEWS by TM. They're usually the last to go.

Giantsfan
05-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Heard on NW that they are expecting 8,000+ for Tuesday's game & over 10,000 for Wednesday's game. I would still like to see a near full barn supporting the Gmen.

old_time_hockey
05-07-2007, 05:25 PM
I think a Giants win tomorrow will prompt more people to come out. And if up 3-1 I am sure the joint will be packed for Friday

giants_girl
05-07-2007, 07:55 PM
I think people have been planning to do this, but just in case you don't know about....

how about every time Dorsett touches the puck lets boo him. :)
It'll be fun, whos in it??

Knuckles Muldoon
05-07-2007, 08:05 PM
I think people have been planning to do this, but just in case you don't know about....

how about every time Dorsett touches the puck lets boo him. :)
It'll be fun, whos in it??
Naw, it'll just be easier if we boo him every time he turtles. punk rock

dondo
05-07-2007, 11:13 PM
we'd never stop booing then :D :p

old_time_hockey
05-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Dan Russell and Steve Ewan had an at length chin wag about the series tonight on Sportstalk.

And the 2 of them don't know how more wasn't handed to the Tigers in tha bait and switch fight with McArdle. I hope Festerling gets a good, clean shot at sending Dorsett over his hip and then Doresett lands on his bad shoulder. I think that would get everone out of their seat to cheer.

Swando
05-08-2007, 01:15 AM
I've had the name Giantsfan for over 5 years, on other message boards, why should I change it? Don't worry, I am not.

Welcome aboard and your 5 years of Giants support. Was thinking of 71 thats all. None of my business.