PDA

View Full Version : Series tied @ 2

Tiger Trauma
05-10-2007, 02:06 AM
Lambs slammed
Power play kicks into gear in final period as Giants even series
Ian Walker, Vancouver Sun

When Derek Dorsett turned into Hannibal Lecter, the Vancouver Giants turned the Medicine Hat Tigers into lambs.
Dorsett, the Tigers' agitator, was penalized for trying to eat Kenndal McArdle's fingers during a scrum near the end of the second period and the Giants capitalized with a power-play goal early in the third that earned them a 4-0 victory in front of 8,548 fans at the Pacific Coliseum on Wednesday. The best-of-seven Western Hockey League final is tied at 2-2.
Dorsett, who did everything but break out a nice Chianti and some fava beans, was assessed a match penalty for attempting to injure. The Columbus Blue Jackets draft pick could be suspended for Game 5, set for Friday at the Pacific Coliseum.
"I don't know what to say - he jammed his finger down my throat. What am suppose to do?" said Dorsett. All match penalties are automatically reviewed by the league.
"He stuck his hand in my mouth. It's a natural instinct to bite down. There's no reason for his finger to be in my mouth. It was the right call made, but you've got to look at both sides. It was a facewash and he stuck his finger down my throat. I got three scars in my mouth to prove it."
The incident occurred with 53 seconds remaining in the second period with the game deadlocked at 0-0. McArdle and Dorsett got into an after-the-whistle altercation, with the Giants' leading goal scorer exiting the melee minus a glove and showing the refs what he described as a swollen and red middle digit on his right hand.
"It was a scrum in front of the net and he crossed the line - I'm not really going to comment on it more than that," said McArdle, who has a history with Dorsett dating back to Game 1 when the two were assessed double roughing penalties at the end of regulation. In Game 2, the two combatants looked set to fight off the opening faceoff, but Dorsett backed away to let defenceman Jordan Bendfeld fight his battle.
"I'm definitely happy with the way our team responded after that. There's two ways our team could have handled something like that, but we really focused on the task at hand and kept on building from there," McArdle said.
Milan Lucic ended the Giants' futility streak on the power play with the first of two goals on the night at 3:45 of the third period. Michal Repik added an insurance marker at 13:32 while rookie James Wright scored his second in as many games after being a healthy scratch for the first two games of the championship series.
Giants goalie Tyson Sexsmith was solid throughout and made a number of outstanding saves, none bigger than a couple of quick pad stops midway through the final frame with Vancouver leading 1-0. Sexsmith finished with 18 stops for his third shutout of the season. The Tigers' Matt Keetley was also solid, but was pulled with 3:45 left in the game. Vancouver finished with 34 shots, despite having registered only eight through the game's first 30 minutes.
The series shifts to Medicine Hat for Games 6 and, if necessary, 7.
ICE CHIP: Giants defenceman Cody Franson left the ice gingerly and did not return after being nailed by Dorsett at 16:45 of the second period. He is listed as day-to-day.

I thought we were playing really well defensively, untill that late string of penalties. The breaks didnt go our way tonight in the third. Dorsett definitly shouldn't have bit down on Mcardle hand, but i do understand dorsett's point of view. There were too many players in the way of the camera's, so we couldn't get a good view of it.

I thought there were a few elbows, and checking from behind that went unnoticed by the officials, but hey i was only watching the game on tv, and not on the ice like the refs were.

Dorsett was a little lucky earlier when he gave a follow-through slash on franson, that should have been a penalty.

It truly looks like these teams hate each other. Every whistle thiers a small scrum/verball assualts. Tigers may be in tough friday possibly without dorsett. After 4 games of the series nothing has been settled, except for some controversy.

patsdude114
05-11-2007, 12:03 AM
watching the game last night on access cable (shaw cable) the move of Dorsett was a very low point in the WHL playoffs......we r talking about young adults here, Dorsett's actions made him look like a 5 yr old fighting for a toy from a little brother......

One game i think isnt enough ya its the WHL finals but he has to be accountable for his childish actions.

I like Dorsett he competes hard every shift, has great speed, good scoring touch, is a true pest in the WHL.

I personally think the WHL is protecting the Tigers 1st the incident in game 2 involving McCardle with Dorsett/Benfeld and then this bite on McCardle's fingers. One game suspension to me isnt accountable for Dorsett's actions..

Good Luck Tigers as i am cheering for the Tigers to win the League

Tiger Trauma
05-11-2007, 03:36 AM
Nice to see someones point of view other than a giant or tiger fan. I agree biting his finger was a bad move.

I believe that if dorsett's hand was 100% thiers no doubt he and Mcardle would have dropped the gloves at least twice this series.

I did heard a rumour that jakub rumpel may be ready to play next game.

The next game is soooo crucial, I dont know If I'll be abe to keep the tv turned on the whole time. O.O

Hopefully keetley plays super duper, we get the first goal, and we can get a couple powerplay goals,and the refs are 100% on our side, ...jk..lol.
Go Tigers Go!

ynot
05-11-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm a bit astounded how this whole McArdle/Dorsett incident has fallen onto Dorsett's shoulders. Obviously he was wrong in what he did and has accepted responsibility for his actions. How come no one is commenting on the fact that McArdle had his fingers in Dorsett's mouth to begin with!!!? It was ok for the officials to look at McArdle's finger to make a decision on the incident but yet they would not look at Dorsett's mouth or the fact he was spitting blood!

Everyone is commenting how Dorsett has brought hockey to a new low. What about McArdle? This truly was not a one sided incident. Both players acted as low as the other and should have both been penalised for their part! I don't care if you are a Tigers fan or a Giants fan, be an honest person, sit back and admit both players acted pretty sadly and both played a part in the incident as disgusting as the other!

Dorsett will be followed with this for a very long time and it seems to me that McArdle came out pretty clean when he was just as pathetic as Dorsett.

Swando
05-12-2007, 02:30 AM
ICE CHIP: Giants defenceman Cody Franson left the ice gingerly and did not return after being nailed by Dorsett at 16:45 of the second period. He is listed as day-to-day.

The checking from behind by Dorestt that only was given a 2 minute penalty was not the reason for Cody Franson leaving the game . He received a heavy slash above the glove that caused Franson to loose his glove. When Franson skated past the Tigers bench he feigned a viscious slash at Dorsetts head as he was sitting on the beaking off to Franson.

dondo
05-12-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm a bit astounded how this whole McArdle/Dorsett incident has fallen onto Dorsett's shoulders. Obviously he was wrong in what he did and has accepted responsibility for his actions. How come no one is commenting on the fact that McArdle had his fingers in Dorsett's mouth to begin with!!!? It was ok for the officials to look at McArdle's finger to make a decision on the incident but yet they would not look at Dorsett's mouth or the fact he was spitting blood!

Everyone is commenting how Dorsett has brought hockey to a new low. What about McArdle? This truly was not a one sided incident. Both players acted as low as the other and should have both been penalised for their part! I don't care if you are a Tigers fan or a Giants fan, be an honest person, sit back and admit both players acted pretty sadly and both played a part in the incident as disgusting as the other!

Dorsett will be followed with this for a very long time and it seems to me that McArdle came out pretty clean when he was just as pathetic as Dorsett.

You're kidding me right? Dorsett whined his whole way to the box, and then whined some more and then cringed and yapped a bit more -- and he was pretending that he did nothing.

He BIT another player -- have you ever heard of something so freaking childish in your life? And fingers in his mouth?? gimme a freaking break here. There's no strong video evidence, but I would be willing to say that Snappy was getting a face-wash and in his own inimitable gutless manner bit Kenndal.

He should be followed by it for a long time, because it crossed a major line -- one game suspension was nothing, the league is just as pathetic as Snappy is.

Tiger9
05-13-2007, 11:05 AM
You're kidding me right? Dorsett whined his whole way to the box, and then whined some more and then cringed and yapped a bit more -- and he was pretending that he did nothing.

He BIT another player -- have you ever heard of something so freaking childish in your life? And fingers in his mouth?? gimme a freaking break here. There's no strong video evidence, but I would be willing to say that Snappy was getting a face-wash and in his own inimitable gutless manner bit Kenndal.

He should be followed by it for a long time, because it crossed a major line -- one game suspension was nothing, the league is just as pathetic as Snappy is.

You said it yourself, no strong video evidence! Only you would be willing to say what happened, other people may hae their own opinion. No one will ever know except Dorsett and McArdle. Its over, drop it already!

Tiger Trauma
05-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Thread is now closed