PDA

View Full Version : Camera's at Memorial Cup

Kristi
05-10-2007, 09:39 AM
I know that I have never had a problem bringing a camera into the Coliseum in 5 years but it says in our ticket books that cameras are prohibiited for Memorial Cup.

Anyone know if this is being enforced or not?

Giantsfan
05-10-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that the season ticket booklet says no cameras or recording devices but that isn't enforced.

old_time_hockey
05-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I know that the Playoff booklet said something about recording devices

But I think the season tix booklet mentions a lens restriction similar to the info on the Giants page:

"Are cameras allowed at the games?
Video cameras and professional stop-motion cameras are not permitted without obtaining an official Giants media pass. Personal stop-motion cameras are permitted, although any pictures you take may not be sold or distributed for profit."

But I wouldn't doubt if there are restrictions put in place by Sportsnet on cameras since they pay to be the coast to coast broadcaster of the Memorial Cup. If it is the PNE staff at the door, I don't imagine bringing a normal camera will be a problem. They sort of march to the beat of their own drummer anyway.

Kristi
05-10-2007, 01:21 PM
I know that the Playoff booklet said something about recording devices

But I think the season tix booklet mentions a lens restriction similar to the info on the Giants page:

Video cameras and professional stop-motion cameras are not permitted without obtaining an official Giants media pass. Personal stop-motion cameras are permitted, although any pictures you take may not be sold or distributed for profit."

But I wouldn't doubt if there are restrictions put in place by Sportsnet on cameras since they pay to be the coast to coast broadcaster of the Memorial Cup. If it is the PNE staff at the door, I don't imagine bringing a normal camera will be a problem. They sort of march to the beat of their own drummer anyway.

I wonder if the media pass I have from the 1st season would still work! LOL!

Knuckles Muldoon
05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
As per the MemCup package:

"No photography, audio recording or video taping is permitted in the Pacific Coliseum without permission of the Canadian Hockey League."

Sorry, sweetie. :(

Carebear
05-10-2007, 09:33 PM
They aren't gonna take away point and shoot cameras.
Every sports event says no cameras, they always just mean the pro ones.

Kristi
05-10-2007, 09:44 PM
They aren't gonna take away point and shoot cameras.
Every sports event says no cameras, they always just mean the pro ones.

That's what I thought! :) I just will leave my pro camera at home!

I would like to see them enforce no cameras with what 19,000 people there! LOL!

eecliff
05-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I would imagine it would be the same rules as the Memorial Cup in Kelowna.

You can bring a camera into the arena, but are not aloud to take pictures of the players on the ice or while the game is in progress (these are the chl rules).

You can take pictures of anything you like in-between periods, but expect to get a visit from an usher if you start clicking while the game is on (any type of camera).

We took lots of pictures in kelowna between periods and in the concourse areas and never got hassled..we even got some great shoots of Sydney Crosby signing my jersey and tickets..

ee…..

Kristi
05-11-2007, 11:58 AM
I would imagine it would be the same rules as the Memorial Cup in Kelowna.

You can bring a camera into the arena, but are not aloud to take pictures of the players on the ice or while the game is in progress (these are the chl rules).

You can take pictures of anything you like in-between periods, but expect to get a visit from an usher if you start clicking while the game is on (any type of camera).

We took lots of pictures in kelowna between periods and in the concourse areas and never got hassled..we even got some great shoots of Sydney Crosby signing my jersey and tickets..

ee…..

I am not going to worry about it! I will just take my camera and take pictures until they tell me to stop! LOL!!

I had no problems taking pictures in Regina and London (previous MC's).

Soundy
05-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Video cameras and professional stop-motion cameras are not permitted without obtaining an official Giants media pass. Personal stop-motion cameras are permitted...

Which is really ridiculous... because how do they define a "professional" camera? A "professional" could use a $300 point-and-shoot... a casual fan with deep pockets could have $30,000 worth of "personal" SLR gear and not be a professional. It's a vague distinction at best and leaves the judgement entirely up to the security personnel, some of whom really don't have a clue.

...although any pictures you take may not be sold or distributed for profit."

I think this is the REAL concern, and is certainly a lot more clearly-defined.