PDA

View Full Version : Dorsett suspension announced

langdak
05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
http://whl.ca/hm/suspensions.php?id=3425

Date Player/Coach Team Description
05/10/07 Derek Dorsett Medicine Hat One game for Match Penalty at Vancouver on May 9.

I figured it would have been more, but hey, thats not up to me to make that decision

Tiger9
05-10-2007, 01:40 PM
One is fair IMO if McArdle gets nothing!

Priceisright
05-10-2007, 02:11 PM
One is fair IMO if McArdle gets nothing!

Who bit who? :spineyes:

Tiger9
05-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Who bit who? :spineyes:

Who was giving the fish hook??

langdak
05-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Who was giving the fish hook??

Who has worn out their welcome on the giants board?

You need to relax a bit my friend, just calm down a little.

It is hockey and they are kids, some people seem to forget that sometimes.

Both teams have pulled antics that I dont agree with, and I am sure that there are others who share my opinion.

Tiger9
05-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah people do forget that these are kids. Not once have a posted saying that someone should beat in McArdle's head like most Giants fans have posted about Dorsett. Both teams are doing the dirty *****, but for some reason most Giant fans think McArdle did nothing wrong in this recent incident. If people are going to post BS, I will reply and defend my teams player(s).

langdak
05-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah people do forget that these are kids. Not once have a posted saying that someone should beat in McArdle's head like most Giants fans have posted about Dorsett. Both teams are doing the dirty *****, but for some reason most Giant fans think McArdle did nothing wrong in this recent incident. If people are going to post BS, I will reply and defend my teams player(s).

So your lumping everybody into one group? Hardly fair if you ask me

Trust me, if you continue to post the way you have been on here, your gonna get it back 10 fold. Is dropping your level of posting to the BS that some people post really worth it? honestly?

If you wanna talk hockey, talk hockey. The bulk of us here will talk hockey but there are always duds who go off the beaten path and I am sure you don't want to label yourself as one of those.

Kassian
05-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I didn't expect anything more than one game. In fact I actually wondered if they would even suspend Dorsett at all under the circumstances. Anybody who was thinking Dorsett was going to get more than one game isn't thinking clearly, IMO. Maybe if this were the regular season it would be different. But in the WHL Finals I don't think the league would want to go any further than one game.

scamperdog
05-10-2007, 06:19 PM
So your lumping everybody into one group? Hardly fair if you ask me

Trust me, if you continue to post the way you have been on here, your gonna get it back 10 fold. Is dropping your level of posting to the BS that some people post really worth it? honestly?

If you wanna talk hockey, talk hockey. The bulk of us here will talk hockey but there are always duds who go off the beaten path and I am sure you don't want to label yourself as one of those.
lets keep to hockey guys, thx for your help

Jimmy
05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
I didn't expect anything more than one game.

Great avatar, I cracked up when I saw Watt do that.

Kassian
05-10-2007, 06:55 PM

Why thank you. Same here. :laugh:

Knuckles Muldoon
05-10-2007, 07:06 PM

Yep, me too. Good catch Kass. :thumb:

DD gets a game suspension, McArdle gets a rabies shot. Game on!

Knuckles Muldoon
05-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Actually, I have to say that I'm disappointed Derek was suspended at all. I thought his stupidity was one of the Giants biggest assets last night and I was hoping for a repeat performance on Friday.

dondo
05-11-2007, 12:38 AM
I didn't expect anything more than one game. In fact I actually wondered if they would even suspend Dorsett at all under the circumstances. Anybody who was thinking Dorsett was going to get more than one game isn't thinking clearly, IMO. Maybe if this were the regular season it would be different. But in the WHL Finals I don't think the league would want to go any further than one game.

Frankly I think biting another player is crossing a line not usually seen in hockey and it takes a very gutless childish player to do so, so I expected at least two games and thought he'd be gone for the rest of the series -- too bad because players like him make the game as a whole worse, they chop and hack behind the play, they mouth off constantly, they whine, and then they turtle and they complain about something being done to them vehemently after they just did the same thing.

That is not competitive, it is mean-spirited and cowardly, they are doing it to get that cheap shot in not to gain control of the puck or get position .. and The Snapping Turtle is a cheap shot master who seems to be able to pull that crap behind the play without getting caught for the most part. I hate these players off or on my team -- and they mock the game.

bandwagonboy
05-11-2007, 11:01 AM
-- too bad because players like him make the game as a whole worse, they chop and hack behind the play, they mouth off constantly, they whine,

I hate these players off or on my team -- and they mock the game.

Not an overly big Brule, Watt, or Mcardle fan then?

GF71
05-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't think Dondo has been the same since his boy Reese left. :laugh:

SuckItUp
05-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Anybody who thinks Dorsett is nothing but a turtle has not watched any Tigers hockey at all. This series yeah maybe but he has a BROKEN hand. He cant fight. Two of the best fights I have seen in years involved Derek earlier in the year. This kid will fight with the best of them. The missed calls have gone both ways folks. The Giants have done just as much behind the play as the Tigers.

Dwight Schrute
05-11-2007, 01:38 PM
i hope any of the tigers fishook thier hands down the throat of every giant in every scrum then whine bit@# and moan till they are all ejected for fighting. geez mcardle really won that one. i wanted to slap him during his interview on sportsnet(he was grinning ear to ear and laughing)
seriously, bendfield fishook lucic and get him suspended

Carebear
05-11-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm gonna go downstairs tonight and bite Dorsett after the game.
Only because I have nothing better to do.

C.F
05-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Anybody who thinks Dorsett is nothing but a turtle has not watched any Tigers hockey at all. This series yeah maybe but he has a BROKEN hand. He cant fight. Two of the best fights I have seen in years involved Derek earlier in the year. This kid will fight with the best of them. The missed calls have gone both ways folks. The Giants have done just as much behind the play as the Tigers.
The issue with Giants fans isn't that he hasn't been fighting. It's that he challenged McArdle to a fight, only to hide behind his tough guy. Not to mention that he's been giving more cheapshots in this series than any of the other players combined. A broken hand isn't an excuse to be a POS, and that's exactly what he is.

Knuckles Muldoon
05-11-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm gonna go downstairs tonight and bite Dorsett after the game.
Only because I have nothing better to do.

You go girl! :thumb:

SuckItUp
05-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey CF the cheapshots have gone both ways. You need to watch what both teams do behind the plays not just the Tigers. Your Giants are doing the same thing its just more than one guy.

Soundy
05-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Hey CF the cheapshots have gone both ways. You need to watch what both teams do behind the plays not just the Tigers. Your Giants are doing the same thing its just more than one guy.

Maybe you missed the main part of CF's point: "The issue with Giants fans isn't that he hasn't been fighting. It's that he challenged McArdle to a fight, only to hide behind his tough guy."

Unless you're suggesting that the Giants have been picking fights and the wimping out as well?

And don't gimme the "broken hand" wank - if yer not in shape to fight, don't put down the challenge. If you get challenged, just skate away. But don't get the guy teed up and then let someone else cruise in and take it for you. Bendfeld manned up the next game and he gets a lotta props and respect for that.

SuckItUp
05-11-2007, 11:26 PM
This happens all the time in hockey right or wrong. Agitators are just that. Been aroung for ever and will remain in the game. Thats why we love this game always players to like and hate. Dorsett does the best job at getting under guys skin. You cant tell me you have never seen two players jab at one another with one dropping the mits and the other skating away. Ive seen it numerous times.

Soundy
05-11-2007, 11:58 PM
This happens all the time in hockey right or wrong. Agitators are just that. Been aroung for ever and will remain in the game. Thats why we love this game always players to like and hate. Dorsett does the best job at getting under guys skin. You cant tell me you have never seen two players jab at one another with one dropping the mits and the other skating away. Ive seen it numerous times.

Actually, no, can't say as I've ever seen BOTH guys drop the gloves, and THEN one chickens out. It's one thing to skate away from a fight... quite another to either make or accept a challenge, THEN step back and let someone else take it for you.

C.F
05-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Maybe you missed the main part of CF's point: "The issue with Giants fans isn't that he hasn't been fighting. It's that he challenged McArdle to a fight, only to hide behind his tough guy."

Unless you're suggesting that the Giants have been picking fights and the wimping out as well?

And don't gimme the "broken hand" wank - if yer not in shape to fight, don't put down the challenge. If you get challenged, just skate away. But don't get the guy teed up and then let someone else cruise in and take it for you. Bendfeld manned up the next game and he gets a lotta props and respect for that.
Thank for elaborating my point. I thought it was quite obvious, but apparently not. :confused:

As Soundy said, I've never seen quite a strategy used before, and I can't say I've seen a hockey play bite someone.

bandwagonboy
05-12-2007, 12:42 AM
True but you don't often see a hockey player fishhook someone either. Neither players are wearing halo's right now.

C.F
05-12-2007, 12:49 AM
True but you don't often see a hockey player fishhook someone either. Neither players are wearing halo's right now.
Facewashes happen every game in hockey. No one is labelling McArdle as any sort of saint, but seriously, is there any question who was more in the wrong? There really isn't.

Anyway, what's done is done! I'm looking forward to booing the heck out of Doresette in the Memorial cup. :)

dondo
05-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Not an overly big Brule, Watt, or Mcardle fan then?

Those guys will give the occasional cheap shot as PART of the PLAY, or reaction to another cheap shot. And not one of those guys, well maybe watt to a certain extent are known as agitators.

Snappy The Turtle goes out of his way to do it BEHIND the play, its not aggressive or emotional it is pure a cheap shot, designed to injure and not get caught. I hate Avery (he's another freaking turtle), and Claude Lemieux, ditto, and Glenn Anderson the stick work master who could pluck an eye out off a face-off. Tucker (although I hate the Leaves) is mostly above-board with regard to behind the play crap.

And Beach on the Tips is just as gutless -- sure he "fights" occasionally, but for the most part he is a devious little weasel who tries to injure other players as a matter of course and Snappy's the same way. If you are "injured" (and I don't believe a word of it because he seems to have no problem throwing punches in the scrums, and he lies all time on the ice after slashing a guy and then whining at the ref that the penalty is unfair) .. that is pure bull hockey puck.

The real problem with the instigator is that these guys are being encouraged to play this way with no consequence. There has to be a consequence.

Also I love where this "fishhook" thing comes out when there's absolutely no corroborating evidence. Its something T9, who didn't even see the game came up with as far as I can recall.

old_time_hockey
05-12-2007, 10:52 PM

If you have seen a bait and switch numerous times, the teams you watch are are fully of gutless pukes.

If someone did that in the league that I played minor hockey in, that guy just wouldn't come back because he knew what he was going to get the next game. It's called honor. And obviously Dorsett and the Tigers have none. Because if they did, that yellowbelly turtle would have got an internal suspension.

old_time_hockey
05-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Well here is another winner Tigers fan over on the Canucks board

"just wait the tigers will win back to back at home. i'm gonna throw a banana on the ice at mccardle right after oh canada tomorrow. dorsetts the man were gonna win tomorrow i hope he bites that monkeys other finger. go tigers go."

Racist much?