PDA

View Full Version : Hotels/Motels

BrooksCat
05-13-2007, 11:41 AM
I am looking for some advice re nicely located accomadation for memorial Cup.
Stayed at Holiday Inn right at PNE last time, and while it is an OK place, Missed having a nice restraunt nearby.

Dont think I need to be downtown , would preferr a place near shopping mall, decent restraunt or two nearby. Driving some distance would be Ok, as will be out touring your fine city anyway.

Thanks.

langdak
05-13-2007, 11:46 AM
If you want a mall and numerous restaurants nearby i would suggest staying over by Metrotown, its in Burnaby.

There is a Holiday Inn Express aswell as a Hilton (crystal hilton) right by the mall.

The driving length is probably 15-20 min from the PNE so its not bad at all.

old_time_hockey
05-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah, hotels around Metrotown would be my suggestion too. Because if you want to go downtown on a non-hockey day, just hop the skytrain. Save yourself some $$ on parking down there. And if you want to go to North Van you just skytrain to the sea bus.

Beaner
05-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Have to concur Metrotown Hilton is probably what you are looking for.

Swando
05-13-2007, 12:20 PM
The Sheraton in Surrey is right next to Guilford mall. Easy access to freeway and takes 20 minutes to get to the PNE. Surrey might be a cheaper and the Shereton is a real nice hotel. Across from the BiG FLAG.

Giantsfan
05-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Do you have a vehicle or are you using public transit?

I WOULD NOT venture across the Port Mann. There are plenty of hotels nearby & even North Burnaby is nice.

Bruins_Booster
05-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Holiday Inn Express - Metrotown (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/yvrbm?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/ex/1/en/hotelsearchresults) is fairly nice (I've stayed there twice) and is close by shopping, Skytrain, and you don't have to cross the Port Mann. The Best Western on Kingsway is alright too. Not as expensive, but a nice clean room.

Hope that this helps.

BrooksCat
05-13-2007, 09:56 PM
help me out.
what is a Port Mann, and how will i know if I have to cross it.

PS, Just got back from the Game, Looking forward to game 7.
Good luck to both teams.

dondo
05-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Just don't stay in Surrey :thumb: then you won't need to worry

The Port Mann is one of the bridges which crosses over into Surrey, off the highway

Metro-town is probably not a bad place to stay for access to giganto mall action, and easy access to transit.

Giantsfan
05-14-2007, 09:58 AM
The Port Mann bridge is a nightmare most nights. Once you cross the bridge traffic is sometimes good, sometimes terrible.

TheBrass
05-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Another suggestion would be the Executive Inn on Lougheed Hwy. between Willingdon and Gilmore. Lots of places to grab a bite to eat (Milestones, BP, White Spot, Cactus Club, Timmy Ho's), close to Brentwood Mall and also right near transit.

Carebear
05-14-2007, 11:41 AM
I highly suggest staying around Metrotown as suggested by some others.
Not far of a drive to the PNE.
Lots of restaurants and shopping.

BrooksCat
05-14-2007, 02:42 PM
thanks for the info.
Booked at Holiday Inn express.
just about full.
in the feature floor in a King for $149.

Might find cheaper, but sounds like the perfect location for me.

Bob