PDA

View Full Version : Chubak signs with the Raiders

Triton
05-13-2007, 11:45 AM
I heard it on the radio but I can't find a press release or anything.

WestLEAFfan
05-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Who's this Chubak you speak of? A Bantam pick?

Triton
05-13-2007, 12:32 PM
OMG...The goaltender for the Mintos that just won back to back national Midget championships. Carsen Chubak was in goal for the Final against Red Deer.

You been under a rock for the last month?

Dwight Schrute
05-13-2007, 12:53 PM
wasnt he listed by another team ?
so now we got aime, stanford, and chubakka fightin for spot next year...that dont look too bad

WestLEAFfan
05-13-2007, 01:13 PM
OMG...The goaltender for the Mintos that just won back to back national Midget championships. Carsen Chubak was in goal for the Final against Red Deer.

You been under a rock for the last month?

No, and thank-you, I think?!?

Triton
05-13-2007, 02:49 PM
wasnt he listed by another team ?
so now we got aime, stanford, and chubakka fightin for spot next year...that dont look too bad

The day the Mintos arrived back at in the City after Red Deer, I was talking to him after I had a picture taken with him and he said Swift Current dropped his rights earlier that day.

What a stupid move by S.C.

MidgetAAA
05-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Yonkman is there ready to be the starter and Ian Curtis(90) as the back up there was no room for him but you'd think they could have traded his rights or something

Doogie_T-BirdsFan
05-15-2007, 01:30 PM
i think that aime will be odd man out this fall. i really like stanford though he should of been backup last year. And why would they sign chubak if they didn't want him on the team.

Triton
05-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Never mind. After talking with Carsen and his dad todat at A&W, Patrick Roy has guaranteed Chubak a spot on his team the Remparts and currently Chubak is trying to get out of the deal with PA.

Triton
05-26-2007, 10:07 PM
good, staford and amie are both better in my mind

Better at what?

Dwight Schrute
05-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Never mind. After talking with Carsen and his dad todat at A&W, Patrick Roy has guaranteed Chubak a spot on his team the Remparts and currently Chubak is trying to get out of the deal with PA.
kinda hard since he would have to pass waivers and every whl team would get a crack at him for free.
im sure edmonton would have him as a goalie. highly doubt he will be in a quebec league

Triton
05-27-2007, 12:40 AM
look I know your a minto fan but honestly Chubak wasent even the best goalie the mintos had. Did you even see Stanford play at camp? Obviously not if your questioning it , not to mention Chubak is older

and one camp performance surely defines a goaltender. Hardly would consider Washburn better than Chubak.

Triton
05-27-2007, 12:41 AM
kinda hard since he would have to pass waivers and every whl team would get a crack at him for free.
im sure edmonton would have him as a goalie. highly doubt he will be in a quebec league

Yes Carsen and his dad are complete liars.

Dwight Schrute
05-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes Carsen and his dad are complete liars.
ok then looks up the rules check out the protocal. read the trevor lewis thread. cause you cant just go offering guys in quebec or ontario roster spots
chubak is whl property and isnt available to either the ohl or the Qmjhl, unless he clears waivers (and all 22 WHL teams would have to pass on him)
so im not really sure how patrick roy could offer him a spot
im also comfortable with a aime sanford combo for next year

nivek_wahs
07-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Look sas though Chubak will not don the P.A. colours... http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=e08e0ea3-6d0b-407f-a47d-3769cc3a39e2

Bombers GM signs a goalie

Tim Switzer, Leader-Post
Published: Wednesday, July 25, 2007

First-year Flin Flon Bombers head coach and general manager Mike Reagan has landed his first big recruit since taking the top jobs in June.

Goaltender Carsen Chubak has agreed to join the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League team, passing over higher-profile junior A teams like the Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) and the Vernon Vipers and Cowichan Valley Capitals (BCHL).

Chubak, 18, led the Prince Albert Mintos to a Canadian Midget AAA Telus Cup victory during the 2006-07 season and was named the national tournament's most outstanding goaltender.

After being cut by the Swift Current Broncos, Chubak led his hometown Mintos with a 2.12 goals-against average, a .918 save percentage and a record of 18-4-1.

Chubak gave plenty of credit to Reagan, 28, for making his choice an easy one. "Mike seems like he is going to be a real good coach," Chubak said in a statement.

Reagan played with the Bombers for three seasons before going on to star with Sacred Heart (Conn.) University.

Since beginning the new job, Reagan has been busy making changes to the team's roster. In the last month, the Bombers have acquired 19-year-old defenceman Harley Garrioch from the Waywayseecappo Wolverines (MJHL) while also sending defenceman Nick Colliton, forward Chris Pache and goaltender Adam Rivard to MJHL teams.