PDA

View Full Version : WHL Arena Guide...

Rebel Tiger
05-14-2007, 03:33 AM
I am making a go at creating our own WHL Arena Guide as I have been reading the OHL one for some time.
I am looking for Arena shots interior and exterior and anyone with writing skill who can do a writeup on your local rink would be appreciated.
If anyone has somwething to add send to:
vilneff@telus.net
Thank you

Rebel Tiger
05-14-2007, 02:46 PM
I am pleased to annouce that after many hours writing web pages I have a bare bones page for each WHL team and their arena(s).
Not all pictures are with consent YET so if you have a better picture than any I have please send to: vilneff@telus.net
If you want to do a writeup for your rink please send to: vilneff@telus.net
Here is the link...
http://whl.yi.org:8000/
Click Arenas on the left menu.
I have NOT added in the few writeups I have recieved yet, that is my project for the next few days.
As it sits right now its just bare information with pictures, please inform me of any errors.
The regular season titles listed may be incorrect, I will be working on that as well.

Hope you all enjoy.
Rebel Tiger

Triton
05-14-2007, 03:29 PM
I give you consent to use that Raider one I took.I see you already have that on there.

Rebel Tiger
05-14-2007, 04:12 PM
I was trying to figure out who took that!
That was one great shot!
Have an interior shot?

Triton
05-14-2007, 04:45 PM
I was trying to figure out who took that!
That was one great shot!
Have an interior shot?

I'll get a real nice one for you.I have some nice ones of Red Deer's Centrium.But I imagine you have those already anyways right?

RunTheGoalie
05-14-2007, 10:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calgary_Hitmen

The teddy bear toss, game action vs Sasktoon and Hitmen Wall of Fame photos in this article were all taken by me, feel free to use them if you wish. I noticed the photo you have appears to be a Flames-Oilers game from a couple years ago. ;)

Oh, and one correction: it's capacity, not capasity. ;)

Rebel Tiger
05-15-2007, 02:50 AM
Fixed Capasity typos to read Capacity
Added interior shot of Lethbridge
Added the Regular Season Championships to the missing teams
Added better interior shot of Saddledome
Added note about Kamloops being most decorated team

Thank you all for sending in photos
Photo wish list:
Better Art Hauser Centre Interior Photo
Better Medicine Hat Arena Exterior Photo
Better Keystone Centre Interior Photo
Maybe a Better Exterior Photo of the Portland Memorial

I have about 5 or 6 writeups e-mailed in, I will complile that list.

OHLArenaGuide
05-15-2007, 09:21 AM
All you've done for a lot of your pictures is steal them off my site and crop out the copyright notice. I've got no problem with what you're doing; I think it's great that there's finally going to be a WHL arena site, but don't steal from me. I've taken great pains to secure permission to use all of the photos on there that I didn't take myself, and if those lovely people want to grant you the same permission, that's their business. But if they haven't, then it's my responsibility to make sure that their property isn't being misused.

If you'd like to delete the content you copied from my site I'd be happy to link you.

Rebel Tiger
05-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Permission from most of the people who took the pictures now.
There are only 3 or 4 now without permission and I am working on either replacing them or aquireing permission.
In a lot of cases when i put out a request for pictures the same perople sent me the origionals that they sent you, and rather than replace the photo I just left it as is.
Others I found on team web pages as public licence.
I am also compileing writeups from fans from all rinks arround the league.
I am not out to steal from anyone, the remaining photos will be replaced even if i have to drive to the rinks myself and take the picture.
The whole point was to service the fans of the WHL better as there is no web page with good info about the WHL arenas.
I make no money as I am sure you do not by the building and maintaining of this web page.

On another note I have been a supporter of your page for years attempted to send in pictures of rinks to you before which never did appear on your web site, even though you lacked any picture of the rink in question.
Not complaining, just trying to get it done, you do a great service to the OHL, I'm going to try and do simmiliar to the WHL.

Thank you for maintaining the OHL arena guide, and please not I do have a link to your site on mine because I hope to make your site more popular.

OHLArenaGuide
05-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Permission from most of the people who took the pictures now.

Considering a lot of the pictures on my site were sent originally from people from this board, that doesn't surprise me. But it still looks a little shady when it's obviously the same picture from my site but with the copyright cropped out. Maybe if people are willing to send you originals you could use them instead of the cropped ones from my site?

There are only 3 or 4 now without permission and I am working on either replacing them or aquireing permission.

I would prefer you not have them up without permission. I don't have a single picture on my website that I can't prove I am legally entitled to use. It protects me from legal hassles (and when pictures are stolen, like a newspaper in Kingston once did, I'm able to collect a photographer's fee after the fact). Back when I first started the site I had a graphic that said "no picture available yet" and a lot of folks sent in pictures based upon that.

In a lot of cases when i put out a request for pictures the same perople sent me the origionals that they sent you, and rather than replace the photo I just left it as is.

Again, I'd prefer you use the originals. It just looks a lot less shady and shows you got your own permission.

I am also compileing writeups from fans from all rinks arround the league.

And I'm looking forward to reading them. :)

I am not out to steal from anyone, the remaining photos will be replaced even if i have to drive to the rinks myself and take the picture.

Going to the rinks yourself is kind of the idea, isn't it? I've been to every OHL rink the league has ever used, past and present.

I make no money as I am sure you do not by the building and maintaining of this web page.

I don't make any money either. Over the years I've actually taken a loss running the site; not a huge one, but a loss nonetheless.

On another note I have been a supporter of your page for years attempted to send in pictures of rinks to you before which never did appear on your web site, even though you lacked any picture of the rink in question.

Thank you.

Not complaining, just trying to get it done, you do a great service to the OHL, I'm going to try and do simmiliar to the WHL.

And good luck to you. I just have promised the people that have sent me pictures that I will take care of their property, and I'm doing that. When I grant permission to use my photos in publications and such (like the official program for the last game at the Sault Gardens), I don't charge a fee for it, but at the same time I would be upset if I found out they were using those pictures for other things.

Right now, a lot of those pictures look like they've been ripped off of me because of the cropping. If you've got originals, use them; if not, get permission from the owners of the photos.

Rebel Tiger
05-15-2007, 03:52 PM
I have no intention or re-doing the ones in question (Cropped) as in a few cases they just said keep the pic you have.

Also evwen if I did redo them I would just recrop them and shrink them as I do to all the pictures for uniformity anyways.

(all pictures are 500 pixels wide or close to)

I'm going now, I have a call from the centrium, to get permission to do a page with a write up on the rink.

Rebel Tiger
05-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Has been issued and accepted to OHL Arena Guide...
Offeding pictures replaced..
Mutual Agreement for possible future co-operation reached...
Sorry to waste a thread, other was locked...