PDA

View Full Version : Blades seeking new Billets for 07-08

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Press Release from:www.saskatoonblades.com

The Saskatoon Blades are actively searching for potential billet families for the upcoming 07-08 hockey season. Billet families become the home away from home for Saskatoon Blades players during the season. If you are interested in becoming a billet family please contact the Saskatoon Blades 975-8844 or via email at lorne@saskatoonblades.com.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
05-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Can you explain to me exactly what that is? is it when the team is on a road trip? I'd be happy to let them stay at my place in Chilliwack lol too bad I'm not there though. Just arrived in Saskatoon today.

saskdevil
05-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Nope, it's when you have a player stay at your home for the season. As a past billet for the Blades it was a pleasure having the boys stay with us. You get a chance to give them a home away from home and a stable environment so they can concentrate on their hockey career and go to school if they are still that age. We've had a chance to know some great
kids who have stayed with us in the six years we did it.
I highly reccomend it if you can take the large appetite they bring with them! :D

Dev

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
05-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Well thanks, boy I hope you didn't have Wendel Clark stay at your house, knowing him now he's got to have a HUGE taste for all things diggestible.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Well thanks, boy I hope you didn't have Wendel Clark stay at your house, knowing him now he's got to have a HUGE taste for all things diggestible.
That would be pretty cool if he did,but the do give you extra money for their groceries,so it is not that bad,and they billet because they want to help the guys feel comfortable and live in a safe environment. (most of them leave home at 15 or 16) Also the friendship and bond that is formed between both,a good book on this very subject is called:A Home Away From Home. I recieved it as a christmas gift,I also saw it for sale at the StarZone as well.