PDA

View Full Version : Where is Franson?

Vaughn
05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Was it just me or did I totally miss something? What happened to Cody Franson? I know he got hit from behind by Dorsett, is he hurt or what?! Anyone know!? Please fill me in! Thanks.

GF71
05-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Was it just me or did I totally miss something? What happened to Cody Franson? I know he got hit from behind by Dorsett, is he hurt or what?! Anyone know!? Please fill me in! Thanks.

Yes, he is hurt. Upper body injury.

Tiger9
05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
In the Medicine Hat Newspaper today in the game notes from last night, it had Franson listed as having 2 - undisclosed injuries.

Triton
05-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I know Shaw was going on about Franson jarring his wrist in game 4 or 5.

Vaughn
05-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Is there any word if he will be availble for the Mem Cup...would be disastrous if he was not able to play....

GF71
05-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Is there any word if he will be availble for the Mem Cup...would be disastrous if he was not able to play....

Hard to say at this point. He should be back for the the Memorial Cup, but might miss the first couple of games. It depends on how things go this week.

dondo
05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
In the Medicine Hat Newspaper today in the game notes from last night, it had Franson listed as having 2 - undisclosed injuries.

probably a broken wrist and a concussion both from the same player :rolleyes:

Tiger9
05-15-2007, 08:59 PM
probably a broken wrist and a concussion both from the same player :rolleyes:

Rumor was that he broke his hand in an earlier round from blocking a shot. haha

Swando
05-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Prior to Dorsett running Franson into the boards and getting his CFB penalty he was forchecking and gave Franson a 2 hander above the glove ( I saw this) ( In the area of where Dondo sits). As Franson was going to the bench he lifted his stick as if to threaten to decapitate Dorsett who was sitting on the bench beaking off to him. Franson left the bench for the dressing room and came back later next period only to be cheap shotted by Dorsett once again.
I made a comment at that time that a stck in the throat would be suitable payment for the cheap weasel Dorsett. My thots are Franson is out for good with a cracked bone in his wrist. No knowledge just what I think. Sorry MH fans but you have a "demon" on your team. We had Hunt and he did NOT play dirty just hit hard--no cheap shots. I hope Dorsetts gets his payback 10 fold.

Giantsfan
05-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't know why Dorsett didn't get a suspension for the hit from behind. He's not as tough as he thinks. If only he had the balls to go with Lucic but that's just a pipe dream to think that. Too bad Franson didn't take a swipe at Dorsett's ugly mug & put him out for the series for good. The league doesn't need cowards like Dorsett. nhl

Giantsfan
05-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Just heard GM Scott Bonner on Sportstalk, & he said that Franson will play Friday, & would have played in game 7 if there was day in between 6 & 7. Good to know he will be in. He was crushed that he was scratched for game 7.

On a side note, the Giants went with one 15 year old & three 16 year olds in game 7. That type of experience is something that bodes well for the future. Bonner mentioned that they were crushed as well, & that's a good sign about how badly they wanted to win as well.
Anyone that thinks the Giants won't be good, or sold the farm to get where they are this season couldn't be more out of the loop. This team has drafted great young prospects & have a solid nucleus that will be around for the 2007-08 season.

old_time_hockey
05-15-2007, 11:30 PM
I had a feeling Franson probably could have gone in game 7 but was held back to make sure that he was 100% for Friday.

Sound decision IMO.

Tiger9
05-16-2007, 08:09 AM
I don't know why Dorsett didn't get a suspension for the hit from behind. He's not as tough as he thinks. If only he had the balls to go with Lucic but that's just a pipe dream to think that. Too bad Franson didn't take a swipe at Dorsett's ugly mug & put him out for the series for good. The league doesn't need cowards like Dorsett. nhl

Probably the same reason that Watt didn't get a suspension for his, their both angels. I'll be the first to mention that Bendfeld lined up beside Watt and asked him to go their first shift together in Game 7 and Watt was no so tough then, probably because he wasn't one of the little guys..(Russell, Bosch, Ennis)

old_time_hockey
05-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Probably the same reason that Watt didn't get a suspension for his, their both angels. I'll be the first to mention that Bendfeld lined up beside Watt and asked him to go their first shift together in Game 7 and Watt declined.

No, it was probably more he was scared of what Don Hay was going to do to him if he took anymore stupid penalties.

steamer1112
05-16-2007, 03:08 PM
In game 7 I saw at least 2 penalties given to the Giants for what looked like clean hits on Dorsett. So, it would seem that the league is saying it's open house on any Giant you choose but don't hit Dorsett or Russell. On the nights that the refereeing was impartial the Giants handily defeated the Tigers, shutting them out in fact. On the other hand when the refs decided that Vancouver would be the team that took the brunt of the penalties the Tigers would somehow manage to get it together enough to win. Combine that with the ridiculous decisions not to suspend that rat Dorsett for his disgusting cheap shots, biting and all around dirty playing and it seems to me that the word came down from the top that Vancouver was NOT going to win the championship again. Vancouver was by far the better team, only intervention allowed Medicine Hat to win any games whatsoever.

Kassian
05-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Probably the same reason that Watt didn't get a suspension for his, their both angels. I'll be the first to mention that Bendfeld lined up beside Watt and asked him to go their first shift together in Game 7 and Watt was no so tough then, probably because he wasn't one of the little guys..(Russell, Bosch, Ennis)

Actually Watt's hit was from the side. The hit by Dorsett was clearly not the same type of situation.

Watt is not afraid of Bendfeld. He'd do just fine against him. He's fought much tougher guys in the past and more than held his own.

Knightmare
05-16-2007, 04:26 PM
On a side note, the Giants went with one 15 year old & three 16 year olds in game 7. That type of experience is something that bodes well for the future. Bonner mentioned that they were crushed as well, & that's a good sign about how badly they wanted to win as well.
Anyone that thinks the Giants won't be good, or sold the farm to get where they are this season couldn't be more out of the loop. This team has drafted great young prospects & have a solid nucleus that will be around for the 2007-08 season.

I was stunned when I checked out the Giants roster and noticed the number of 88's and 89's that form a big part of this team. The Giants will lose a few big players next season, most notable McArdle and Franson, but if they get Mikkelson and say Watt and Kraus back as OA's, I look forward to seeing the Giants in Kitchener in '08. Not to mention the fine young talent in Kane, Wright, Czibere etc. Imagine how dominant this team would be if Gilbert had been sent back this year. (Columbus did that to us too in '02 with Rick Nash)
Wish I was back home this week for the Mem Cup in a big way, but be loud like only Vancouver can and keep the Cup in Canada where it belongs!
PS Where is Garet Hunt?

Kassian
05-16-2007, 06:13 PM
PS Where is Garet Hunt?

Hunt is still injured recovering from a broken femur and a torn groin.

Swando
05-17-2007, 12:20 AM
I was stunned when I checked out the Giants roster and noticed the number of 88's and 89's that form a big part of this team. The Giants will lose a few big players next season, most notable McArdle and Franson, but if they get Mikkelson and say Watt and Kraus back as OA's, I look forward to seeing the Giants in Kitchener in '08. Not to mention the fine young talent in Kane, Wright, Czibere etc. Imagine how dominant this team would be if Gilbert had been sent back this year. (Columbus did that to us too in '02 with Rick Nash)
Wish I was back home this week for the Mem Cup in a big way, but be loud like only Vancouver can and keep the Cup in Canada where it belongs!
PS Where is Garet Hunt?

Hey Nightmare: we all were wishing that CBJ would have sent home our golden boy...which I still think would have been good for him. Playing 3-5 minutes per game I don't think benefited him...maybe punishment for coming in 15 lbs overweight! As Giants fans we always wonder who will be back as 20 yr olds. Right now the average thot is maybe "Kraus, Hunt, and then possibly a returnee from the NHL like Mikkelson or Franson. Watt will go to an AHL or ECHL team and Giants I don't think would take him as a 20 yr old. Bonner and crew can work deals to get others and not keeping out own. We'll have a young D but experienced one for their age in Regner, Blum, but after that it is slim..this is where the Brass willl trade for a vet to complement the younger guys if a Mik or Franson do no get returned. Look for a clone of Festerling (low point man but steady D to be in the mix) yet obtainable for a lower draft pick.
Just my thots

Mem Cup Starts Friday!!!!