PDA

View Full Version : Official Getogether time or place

Squig
05-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Are there any plans for a whlfans official meeting place?

I know many fans who are coming that regularly visit this board and others that are great fans to meet and chat with.

I know i will be at the beer tent for official opening at 4pm on Friday - gotta start things off right ya know :D

Anyone been down to the site for a little advance scouting?

Come on Giant fans lets get this party started pbj

rinkrat
05-15-2007, 08:16 PM

I know many fans who are coming that regularly visit this board and others that are great fans to meet and chat with.

I know i will be at the beer tent for official opening at 4pm on Friday - gotta start things off right ya know :D

Sounds great. You should be the ring leader,you have experience. :D

old_time_hockey
05-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind hooking up somewhere for a pregame brew.

Squig
05-16-2007, 08:51 AM
I was thinkin of a meeting spot at the rink somewhere that any fans from this board could drop by an meet others. There ususally is somewhere in the fan zone that will work. Has anyone been down there yet?

What about the downstairs area inside the rink? Will it be open? That would be easy to direct people to and find others. We need a WHLfans Flag or something that people can spot easily.

Surely you Giant fans have your spots in the rink you link to go to during intermission?

C.F
05-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Surely you Giant fans have your spots in the rink you link to go to during intermission?
It's a little different when it's a full house. You'll understand what I mean on friday. ;)

Kristi
05-16-2007, 09:23 AM

I know Chad and I will be at the beer tent at 4 on Friday as well! Look for us! :)

I will be scouting the grounds when I get to Vancouver on Friday about 1:00 pm! Staying right there has it's advantages! :)

I know the downstairs is going to be open and that's where we plan on being in between periods.

rinkrat
05-16-2007, 10:28 AM
I know the downstairs is going to be open and that's where we plan on being in between periods.

The downstairs beer sales area on the east side will be open. The Giants Den cafeteria downstairs on the west side will NOT be open. Just to clarify.

langdak
05-16-2007, 11:07 AM
I was thinkin of a meeting spot at the rink somewhere that any fans from this board could drop by an meet others. There ususally is somewhere in the fan zone that will work. Has anyone been down there yet?

I am hoping to get a look at it today. My volunteer stuff starts tonight so i will be at the PNE anyways.

If i get a chance to see anything or how its set up i will report back either later tonight or tomorrow.

eecliff
05-16-2007, 07:13 PM

What about the downstairs area inside the rink? Will it be open? That would be easy to direct people to and find others. We need a WHLfans Flag or something that people can spot easily.

LMK, when a meeting spot gets sorted out.
Thanks

ee.....

eecliff
05-20-2007, 10:58 PM

Downstairs looks like a great spot to meet. The 3 games I’ve been at you could shoot a canon down there and not hit a sole..IMO it would be the best place to meet & chat hockey..

ee.....

Carebear
05-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Went down there today before the game and we were the only ones down there...other than the refs warming up.

eecliff
05-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Went down there today before the game and we were the only ones down there...other than the refs warming up.

Then lets all meet down there between the 1st & 2nd tomorrow.. :thumb:

ee.....

Knuckles Muldoon
05-20-2007, 11:11 PM
I've got to say it. The 'Fanzone' at the tournament is basically a disaster. After the games, people want to get together and talk and stuff. But that's basically impossible to do with blaring music from semi-interesting bands. It's clearly a bad idea. Maybe the 20-something crowd enjoy it. But I don't think its working out too well for the 40/50 year-old crowd. You can't talk in there! It would have been better if they had just set up tables and let people amuse themselves. Rock and roll is fine in its proper setting. But most of the out-of-towners are past their shaking-and-jiving years and would probably just prefer to meet others in a better setting. I know I would.

eecliff
05-20-2007, 11:34 PM
I've got to say it. The 'Fanzone' at the tournament is basically a disaster. After the games, people want to get together and talk and stuff. But that's basically impossible to do with blaring music from semi-interesting bands. It's clearly a bad idea. Maybe the 20-something crowd enjoy it. But I don't think its working out too well for the 40/50 year-old crowd. You can't talk in there! It would have been better if they had just set up tables and let people amuse themselves. Rock and roll is fine in its proper setting. But most of the out-of-towners are past their shaking-and-jiving years and would probably just prefer to meet others in a better setting. I know I would.

That’s exactly why I thought we should meet downstairs between periods ...

ee......

Carebear
05-20-2007, 11:46 PM

I'm 23 and think it's absolutely brutal.
I don't even bother with any of it.

old_time_hockey
05-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Well tis sunny today (at least it currently is in Nanaimo but there is a bit of a cloud still hanging over the mainland) so you could always go outside today behind the party zone.

I like the set up with the bands and what not. But I think that they should have tented over the outside beer garden area as well. Or at least a section of it.

rinkrat
05-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Sounds like there will be a meeting of the dub at the Shark Club down town,Friday night.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/285837/thread/1179809579/Tipswatcher+and+everyone+else.

Knuckles Muldoon
05-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Sounds like there will be a meeting of the dub at the Shark Club down town,Friday night.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/285837/thread/1179809579/Tipswatcher+and+everyone+else.
Oh yeah, that was my post. I meant to put it up here, too. It might have been better to do on Saturday, but some folks are going to the CHL Awards at the River Rock that evening, so Friday it is. Everyone welcome!

Section C rules
05-22-2007, 01:43 PM

I have to disagree on this one since I think that there are a lot of people that probably do take advantage of the concerts for the music. To me, you get the best Fan Zone experience in the 2 hours that it's open before the game especially with Stanley Cup playoffs on the big screens and all of the interviews and autograph signings going on. By the time the game ends, I've been at the PC for close to 5 hours and much prefer going home to hittin up the Fan Zone again.

Carebear
05-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Who's been signing autographs?

It's always too busy for me to venture into all that stuff..I usually try to get in and out of the PC as quick as possible...I don't do well in big crowds of standing people.

langdak
05-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Who's been signing autographs?

It's always too busy for me to venture into all that stuff..I usually try to get in and out of the PC as quick as possible...I don't do well in big crowds of standing people.

Matt Cooke was yesterday

old_time_hockey
05-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Brule the day before.

Anyone know if Trevor Linden will be at some point?

Kassian
05-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Matt Cooke was yesterday

I'd wipe my ass with that piece of paper. The only way I'd want his autograph is if I could sucker punch him afterwards. :D