PDA

View Full Version : My two cents.......

Warrior Fan
05-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I wanted first of all to congratulate a very good hockey team on a great season. I also wanted to pass on the best of wishes to the Med Hat fans. We were in Med Hat when the Warriors beat them out last season. We managed to see all 3 games in the Hat and of course we weren't like by the opposition and frankly that is to be expected.
I do however want to thank those very same fans, who booed us early in the series, though for sticking around and taking in the trophy presentation and then cheering the Warriors off of their own ice. It was and exceptional amount of class and was really appreciated by all of us MJ fans who were there to witness it. In turn we did the same thing for Vancouver when they beat us in the final in our rink. We wanted to show them support from the Whl fans heading to Moncton as our representatives and wished them all the best just as you did for us.

It is great to see those great fans from last year get what they deserved and that was a Whl title. I hope we are as lucking in the coming years but only time will tell.

Thanks again for the respect and sportsmanship you showed us when we were there last season.
Warrior Fan(s)

dondo
05-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Warrior Fan we too had great respect for the hard-core warrior fans who stayed for the ceremonies in MJ. Thank you.

I was surprised as anyone as how it all came down. There's rivalry and when you are in the moment things are said and done (hopefully not to the extreme), but after it all ideally there's mutual respect.

For me that's what the handshake at the end of a series is all about. Two teams hating and fighting one another tooth and nail the whole time and then in the end they shake hands. Its not phony or false as others have suggested but rather the ultimate act of sportsmanship.

I was very irritated when the Bruins and Giants did not shake hands after their series. Frankly I think that was a bad call by the officials, but I know why they did it.