PDA

View Full Version : Prospect: Gabriel Minville

Tipped Off
05-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Silvertips Prospect Profile: Gabriel Minville
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - The Everett Silvertips selected defenseman Gabriel Minville in the 2nd round (44th overall) of the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft in early May. The Winnipeg, MB native is listed at 6'3", 210 pounds and he is only 15 years old and still growing. The Silvertips brass are very excited to have Gabriel join an already up and coming defensive corps in the future. Minville suited up for the Winnipeg Warriors in Bantam AAA and recorded 22 points in 28 games. Minville plays a very hard physical game but also adds some offensive flair. Silvertips play-by-play man, Keith Gerhart catches up with the Silvertips 2nd round pick in the 2007 Bantam Draft in this week's Silvertips Prospect Profile.

KG: How do feel about being drafted by the Everett Silvertips?

Gabriel Minville: I was happy to be drafted by Everett. Before the draft I talked to a lot of people and they always mentioned Everett would be a great place to play. The Silvertips were one of the teams I wanted to get drafted to and I am very happy they selected me.

KG: You are now a 6-3, 210 pound defenseman. Is it fun for you to play physical and use your size on the ice?

Gabriel Minville: Yes, it is fun. I love playing physical and it helps my defensive game, especially playing against players along the boards and corners. If my team needs a wake up call, I love making a big hit to change the momentum.

KG: You also bring some offensive flare to your game as well. Do you love the offensive side of the game?

Gabriel Minville: I do like the offensive side. When I started playing hockey, I played forward and was very offensive. I like being offensive at times as a defenseman but I still have to play well in my own end of the ice. I played in key situations like the power play and penalty kill which has helped my game as well.

KG: What improvements do you want to make heading into Silvertips training camp in August?

Gabriel Minville: I want to work on my footwork and get quicker, which will help my skating. I am going to start training and working out very soon, so I can be in good shape for Silvertips training camp in August.

KG: Are their any players in the WHL or NHL you look up to?

Gabriel Minville: I really look up to Chris Pronger of the Anaheim Ducks. I have watched him since he played for the St. Louis Blues and love how he plays the game. I like the way he uses his size and the way he controls a game.