PDA

View Full Version : Quinton Howden

Warrior Fan
05-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Quinton Howden former Top Gun first pick in draft
Posted by: WHL draft
Saturday, May 05, 2007

Howden Makes the Warriors Record Book as the Team's Highest Ever Bantam Draft Pick -- the Moose Jaw Warriors selected forward Quinton Howden as their 1st round, 1st overall draft pick of the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft.

The 6’2 170lb forward of Oak Bank, MB has posted impressive numbers and has now placed himself in the Tribe’s record book without even dawning the jersey yet. Howden is now the highest selected Bantam draft pick in Moose Jaw Warriors history.

Quinton Howden
Position: Left Wing
Height: 6’2
Weight: 170lb
DOB: January 12, 1992
Hometown: Oak Bank, MB (formerly Calgary, Alberta)

2006-07 Team: Springfield Ice Hawks
GP: 51
G: 121
A: 76
PTS: 197
PIM: 86

Quinton Howden played spring hockey for the 1992 Top Guns while the family lived in Calgary. Quinton was blessed with great speed, size and a real desire to win.

We wish Quinton all the best as he joins his new team the Moose Jaw Warriors. Quinton will be joining former Top Guns Giffin Nyren a 1989 Top Guns player with the Mosse Jaw Warriors.

1992 Top Guns AAA team picture

Other players picked from our Top Guns 1992 AAA team in this years draft

77th Chris Collins (Posse team and Pond Hockey League)

112th Zachary Rassell (1992 Top Guns AAA team)

117th Jacob Edwards (1992 Posse AAA)

149th Andrew Sullivan (1992 Top Guns AAA team)

172th Tanner Olstad (1992 Top Guns AAA team)

175th Michael Forsyth (1992 Top Guns AAA team)

Congratulations to all players we a very proud to have had you in our program!!!!

Warriorfanatic
05-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Quinton Howden former Top Gun first pick in draft
Posted by: WHL draft
Saturday, May 05, 2007

Howden Makes the Warriors Record Book as the Team's Highest Ever Bantam Draft Pick -- the Moose Jaw Warriors selected forward Quinton Howden as their 1st round, 1st overall draft pick of the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft.

The 6’2 170lb forward of Oak Bank, MB has posted impressive numbers and has now placed himself in the Tribe’s record book without even dawning the jersey yet. Howden is now the highest selected Bantam draft pick in Moose Jaw Warriors history.

Quinton Howden
Position: Left Wing
Height: 6’2
Weight: 170lb
DOB: January 12, 1992
Hometown: Oak Bank, MB (formerly Calgary, Alberta)

2006-07 Team: Springfield Ice Hawks
GP: 51
G: 121
A: 76
PTS: 197
PIM: 86

Quinton Howden played spring hockey for the 1992 Top Guns while the family lived in Calgary. Quinton was blessed with great speed, size and a real desire to win.

We wish Quinton all the best as he joins his new team the Moose Jaw Warriors. Quinton will be joining former Top Guns Giffin Nyren a 1989 Top Guns player with the Moose Jaw Warriors.

1992 Top Guns AAA team picture

Other players picked from our Top Guns 1992 AAA team in this years draft

77th Chris Collins (Posse team and Pond Hockey League)

112th Zachary Rassell (1992 Top Guns AAA team)

117th Jacob Edwards (1992 Posse AAA)

149th Andrew Sullivan (1992 Top Guns AAA team)

172th Tanner Olstad (1992 Top Guns AAA team)

175th Michael Forsyth (1992 Top Guns AAA team)

Congratulations to all players we a very proud to have had you in our program!!!!

Thanks for the post. His numbers look impressive and I truly hope he can translate this talent into the 'DUB'. Now I know a little bit more of this young man. I saw a web site that said scouts were cautious about something they saw in him during the last half of the year, something about aggression. I did not get to read the rest of the post as it was a pay site. Do you know anything about that? The last thing we need is another McArdle, you know good player, good talent, bad temper, and someone who took stupid penalties at times we could ill afford it. But on the whole I am excited and will be at camp to see this young man.

Warrior Fan
05-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the post. His numbers look impressive and I truly hope he can translate this talent into the 'DUB'. Now I know a little bit more of this young man. I saw a web site that said scouts were cautious about something they saw in him during the last half of the year, something about aggression. I did not get to read the rest of the post as it was a pay site. Do you know anything about that? The last thing we need is another McArdle, you know good player, good talent, bad temper, and someone who took stupid penalties at times we could ill afford it. But on the whole I am excited and will be at camp to see this young man.

They were thinking he was lacking a little "battle" but it is hard when you are taking a league apart the way he did. It is fun but at some point the success and competitiveness starts to lose some of its luster.

He is a decent size kid with good skills. He see's the ice well and competes hard to win. He will be a nice addition to the club at the end of next season.

Warriorfanatic
05-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks, I knew that you would know what that thing was. Thanks again.