PDA

View Full Version : Hilty is coming back!!!!!!!!!!

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Familiar Face Returns To Blades Dressing Room

Saskatoon, SK: The Saskatoon Blades this afternoon announced that Steve “Hilty” Hildebrand will return to the Saskatoon Blades this season as the team’s Athletic Trainer.

Hildebrand, who had spent the past season with the American Hockey League’s Manitoba Moose as the team’s Equipment Manager. Prior to joining the Moose “Hilty” had spent the past 6 seasons as the Athletic Trainer of the Blades. Upon his return to the Bridge City, Hildebrand will reunite with Graham “Spike” Watt to make up the team’s training staff for the upcoming season.

Blades Head Coach and General Manager Lorne Molleken commented on today’s addition “We are very fortunate to have “Hilty” return to our hockey club for the upcoming season. The Manitoba Moose realized the commitment he has for his profession and afforded him the opportunity to work in professional hockey this past year. With “Hilty’s” return to hockey club we are excited to add an individual who will is not only familiar with our team but is a positive, high caliber individual that will greatly assist us in achieving our goals.”

Hildebrand also commented “My family and I are very happy to be returning to the Saskatoon Blades and the City of Saskatoon. I would like to thank Jack and Lorne for the opportunity to return to the Blades family. I would also like to thank the Manitoba Moose for the amazing experience and wish their organization the best in the future.”

In other Blades news, the Blades Alumni remind the public that donations for the group’s annual Ball Drop in support of the Children’s Health and Hospital Foundation will be accepted beginning Friday May 18th at all Mac’s Convenience Store and TD Canada Trust Locations in Saskatoon. For only $1 fans will have their name entered to be one of 3000 balls dropped from a Trans West Air Helicopter Sunday June 24th at the Saskatoon Golf and Country Club. If your ball is one the lucky ones to find one of the 3 specially designated holes you could be walking away with a trip for 2 anywhere Air Canada flies, A pair of Vespa Scooters or a Saskatoon Blades Ultimate Family Pack.

Also, 2007-08 season tickets are now available for purchase at reduced early bird prices until June 22nd. All those who subscribe to season seats prior to the June 22nd will be eligible to win great prizes courtesy of Cree Way Gas, The Home Depot, Moon Lake Golf and Country Club and Shaw Cable Systems. To reserve your seat and join the Blue Nation call 975.8844 or visit www.saskatoonblades.com for more information. Saskatoon Blades Hockey... Bleed Blue.
This is an awesome move,he is familiar with the Blades,to be honest I thought he was gone for good,but obviously not,and that is a good thing.

Blades 4 Life!
05-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Its good to hear the Hility Is coming back. Its going to be nice he see him back on the bench

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
05-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Great to see him back, to have him back adds a little more edge and makes me even more anxious for the season to start.

Trav
05-17-2007, 11:04 PM
It was kinda weird not seeing him on the bench last year. Curious to know why Manitoba let him go or what happened there. Oh well their loss, Blades regain their well known trainer, welcome back Hilty.

Tidball
05-23-2007, 11:37 PM
It was kinda weird not seeing him on the bench last year. Curious to know why Manitoba let him go or what happened there. Oh well their loss, Blades regain their well known trainer, welcome back Hilty.

They fired him for trying to steal game worn equipment and selling it on Ebay.

Nice to have him back....(i was joking about the ebay thing) :turkey:

howley
05-24-2007, 01:32 AM
so he was stealing equipment but not selling it???
I don't get it.......

jk