PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Cup: Tigers 4 Plymouth 1 May 21st

dondo
05-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Tigers Harpoon Hapless Whalers
Medicine Hat 4 Plymouth 1

The Tigers got a couple of pretty easy goals and coasted to a victory against a Plymouth team that simply did not show up. Tyler Ennis notched two goals playing with his line-mates Daine Todd and Brennan Bosch. They were easily the best line on the ice for either team in what was a watching paint dry event. They also seemed to be the only Tiger players who didn’t deliver late cheap shots. The strange part is that the really chippy unnecessary stuff came when the Tigers were already up 4-0. Snappy was at the centre as usual and Kris Russell was doing his damndest to out-Snappy, Snappy. The sheer number of gratuitous cheap shots after the play was in my mind quite ridiculous.

The reffing was good up until the cheap stuff started to happen and then they could not decide who to put in the box, for how long or which teams/players were at the centre of the infractions. The short version: it was almost always a Tiger player. The only Whaler who had the least amount of desire to win tonight was James Neal. I found it a shame that the Whalers made it so easy for the Tigers to romp over them, and that the game was so utterly boring. There were very few intense possessions in the offensive end for either team, where the team works the puck around and gets some quality chances and hardly any odd-man rushes or dangerous looking passing plays. The Tigers had to only play half their level and the Whalers did not show up. The only line I could stomach watching tonight was the Ennis, Bosch, Todd line who had some jump and looked to be enjoying playing out there. The rest of the players dragged their heels throughout most of the game from my perspective. I expected a hard fought tenacious game and I got a bunch of easy goals, a team that did not bother to show up, and a seriously boring game to watch. I don’t think its just because I don’t have a vested interest in one team or the other, its just that the hockey was dull, there was very little spark and the quietest 12,000+ fans I have ever heard. Even the many many Tigers fans were pretty sedate for the most part. I actually think most of the arena fell asleep watching the game.

here's the box score:

Tigers Harpoon Whalers 4-1 May 21 (http://www.leaguestat.com/chl/memcup/en/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=46)

rinkrat
05-21-2007, 11:04 PM
The bird was exciting. punk rock

dondo
05-21-2007, 11:06 PM
LOL :thumb:

-- yes the bird was exciting and they got a great shot of the bird on the big screen

Knuckles Muldoon
05-21-2007, 11:47 PM
LOL :thumb:

-- yes the bird was exciting and they got a great shot of the bird on the big screen
We were joking that it would be funny if the bird dumped on one of the players. Maybe a Tiger. Maybe an OA right-winger. :)

Yeah, the game was basically a snoozer. Plymouth hardly looked like the team the Giants played on Friday.

Carebear
05-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Bird?

Do share for those of us who weren't there.

C.F
05-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Bird?

There was a bird in the building(this isn't the first time this has happend, or the las most likely), but this particular bird actually flew onto the ice in between the 2nd and 3rd intermission, and even during a commercial break. The refs and maintenance crew kept trying to scare it away, but it kept on coming back. Definitely the most exciting part of the night, which goes to show just how boring tonight's game was.

rinkrat
05-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Bird?

There was a little birdie flying around the rink. I think a Starling.
It landed on the ice a couple times drinking from a puddle.
It also landed on the crossbar and the scoreboard. The music person immediately played bird sounds and they showed it on the big screen. Quite a performer,that bird. In fact he out performed several Whalers. :(
I'm wondering if thats the birdie Shawn talks to periodically through the season. :D

langdak
05-22-2007, 12:23 AM
We were joking that it would be funny if the bird dumped on one of the players. Maybe a Tiger. Maybe an OA right-winger. :)

My wife came up with the perfect sign to make, had the bird done exactly what you described.

"Hey Dorsett......bird sh*t or chicken sh*t"

:)

rinkrat
05-22-2007, 12:25 AM
My wife came up with the perfect sign to make, had the bird done exactly what you described.

"Hey Dorsett......bird sh*t or chicken sh*t"

:)

Finally got it done,eh? applause
Here we've been listening to The Brass brag about waiting for the Memorial Cup. ;)
Congrats.

langdak
05-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Here we've been listening to The Brass brag about waiting for the Memorial Cup. ;)
Congrats.

Took care of all that back in January actually :)

Carebear
05-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Awww..I'm disappointed that I missed the bird! hahaha
Would've been a good laugh.

He just wanted to be on tv.

Swando
05-22-2007, 12:47 AM
I watched most of the game on tv. I'm glad I did not go to the game as it was more comfortable falling asleep on my couch than a PNE seat. Can anyone tell me if this was the same team the Giants played Friday? They looked like they had a # of Matt Kassians out there..Big lumbering forwards and very little speed. In defense of their game it must be hard to have 2 soft goals go in but on TV the Whalers looked real slow. On Friday they looked much faster live. It makes for an interesting game tommorrow as it's a must win for Plymouth. Also the crowd was announced at 12000+ but there looked to be a lot of empty seats especially in the end zones. What would the real # be?

Giantsfan
05-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Best part of the game was when the two chics kissed each other. That was way more exciting than the game. Good to see them target Russell, the over rated, whiney crybaby. applause

rinkrat
05-22-2007, 01:21 AM
Good to see them target Russell
Russel dropped Sestito on his butt when Sestito took a run at him. Quite comical. :laugh:

bandwagonboy
05-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Oh and for the record Helm had a pretty outstanding game as well, he created several chances but just couldn't quite connect.

Can anyone tell me if this was the same team the Giants played Friday? They looked like they had a # of Matt Kassians out there..Big lumbering forwards and very little speed. In defense of their game it must be hard to have 2 soft goals go in but on TV the Whalers looked real slow. On Friday they looked much faster live.

Well the tigers did come out flying for the first couple of minutes. I thought it was the tigers wheels who made the whalers look slow. They just lost all composure and will to win after the two early soft goals.

Good to see them target Russell, the over rated, whiney crybaby. applause

Yeah, that's how he averaged over a point a game through the regular season. He whined the puck into the net. Is there a rolleyes smiley here?

Kassian
05-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Russel dropped Sestito on his butt when Sestito took a run at him. Quite comical. :laugh:

He did however he certainly didn't want any part of Sestito. Until of course the linesmen jumped in, then Russell started beaking off. It's funny how tough he pretends to act when someone else is between him and an opponent.

And for anyone else out there, spare me the whole "Russell isn't a fighter" crap. I'm well aware of that. But he shouldn't be pretending to act tough and shove guys after the whistle unless he wants some kind of response. Of course when he gets it, he plays innocent until someone comes over to save him.

Section_Z
05-22-2007, 08:06 AM
I watched most of the game on tv. I'm glad I did not go to the game as it was more comfortable falling asleep on my couch than a PNE seat. Can anyone tell me if this was the same team the Giants played Friday? They looked like they had a # of Matt Kassians out there..Big lumbering forwards and very little speed. In defense of their game it must be hard to have 2 soft goals go in but on TV the Whalers looked real slow. On Friday they looked much faster live. It makes for an interesting game tommorrow as it's a must win for Plymouth. Also the crowd was announced at 12000+ but there looked to be a lot of empty seats especially in the end zones. What would the real # be?
There were empty seats...about 4000 of them....I'd say the numbers are correct. And kuddos to the Vancouver fans for not all leaving at the second intermission. what a sleeper. Best goal of the night was the Tim Hortons kid who went top shelf.

Knuckles Muldoon
05-22-2007, 08:33 AM
9,000-ish.

TheBrass
05-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Congrats.

Thanks Rinkrat, and I was only talking about waiting for the honeymoon.

Langdak hasn't shared my most creative sign plan, you'll all have to wait and see if I can work up the nerve to go through with it, and the better question is, how quickly will I get it taken away??

dondo
05-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks Rinkrat, and I was only talking about waiting for the honeymoon.

Langdak hasn't shared my most creative sign plan, you'll all have to wait and see if I can work up the nerve to go through with it, and the better question is, how quickly will I get it taken away??

we can make sure it gets a front row seat for a bit if you'd like thebrass-- too bad most of the cameras are on our side of the arena.. bur if its really good I could probably convince cameraguy to my right to get a shot of it.

bring your noses everyone .. and chattering teeth if you have them .. heh heh
Keetley and Snappy are going down.. :thumb: nhl

scrunt
05-23-2007, 09:52 AM
I don't get the nose thing???

You have noting to worry about. It's not a Tiger-specific thing. The wind-up chattering teeth, on the other hand...

TheBrass
05-23-2007, 10:26 AM
we can make sure it gets a front row seat for a bit if you'd like thebrass-- too bad most of the cameras are on our side of the arena.. bur if its really good I could probably convince cameraguy to my right to get a shot of it.

bring your noses everyone .. and chattering teeth if you have them .. heh heh
Keetley and Snappy are going down.. :thumb: nhl

Dondo, to my great regret, my sign plan has been vetoed by the big boss (langdak) because he's afraid it will get me tossed from the building due to an overt sexual reference as well as the implication that a certain players mother may be a woman of loose virtue (mods, I will refrain from posting the exact wording, not to worry).

So now I have a big piece of hot pink poster board, a brand new sharpy marker, and no idea what to write..........any suggestions??