PDA

View Full Version : Who Wins Tonight?

WestLEAFfan
05-23-2007, 07:20 AM
This is a tough one to call. Both the GIANTS and TIGERS look like formidable opponents. I'm going to have to call a TIGER victory in OT. Sorry GIANT fans. Do I have a leg to stand on or am I simply dreaming? Let me know!

Knuckles Muldoon
05-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Beat that Tagger!

BEAT THAT TAGGER!

BEAT THAT TAGGER!

WLF, it's all Giants tonight. Could be a route. pbj

GiantDave
05-23-2007, 09:40 AM
It's gonna be all out war tonight between the Tigers and Giants...

My keys to a Giants win (and berth into finals on Sunday afternoon)

1) Sexsmith has to be at the top of his game... It wasnt the fact that Sexsmith let us down in the WHL finals... Matt Keetley was just that much better...

2) The Dorsett Factor... (staying out of the box) the entire team has to avoid taking retaliatory penalties against him and the entire tigers team... I'm sure I'm not the only Giants fan that will say MH has a good PP.

3) Utlizing the home crowd... Hopefully the crowd tonight will be huge. The boys come out playing Giants hockey and hopefully jam a couple past Keetley in the opening period.

Should be a good one tonight...

*blast I just looked an MH is the home team tonight... that means they have the last change...

Tiger9
05-23-2007, 10:03 AM
*blast I just looked an MH is the home team tonight... that means they have the last change...

And rightfully so, being the WHL Champs!!!

Sorry, had to get that in there!

I predict that both teams play hockey tonight and the cheap stuff (from both sides) is non-existent.

old_time_hockey
05-23-2007, 10:05 AM
The biggest key is don't engage Dorsett in his sideshow. That is what the Tigers thrive on. Distraction.

The crowd will be a huge boost for the Giants as well. With a decent start time today I would imagine that there will be close to if not over 14,000. When ever the Tigers fans try and chant we need to drown them out.

GiantDave
05-23-2007, 11:39 AM
And rightfully so, being the WHL Champs!!!

Sorry, had to get that in there!

I predict that both teams play hockey tonight and the cheap stuff (from both sides) is non-existent.

I hope your right about the cheap stuff being non-existant... this game means so much to both teams...

ynot
05-23-2007, 12:26 PM
The Tigers have been taking some stupid penalties. They are a good team and to beat the Giants tonight they are going to have to play with discipline and show their skill. Without a doubt both teams want this win and we will see a lot of heart and soul.

I agree that hopefully both sides leave the cheap stuff in the dressing rooms and bring the talent out! Top notch goaltending on both ends could make this a long night!

I attended the Tigers / Lewiston game on Saturday and I really don't think you Giant fans are going to have a problem drowning out the Tiger fans. I couldn't believe how quiet they were in the building!

langdak
05-23-2007, 01:00 PM
The Tigers have been taking some stupid penalties. They are a good team and to beat the Giants tonight they are going to have to play with discipline and show their skill. Without a doubt both teams want this win and we will see a lot of heart and soul.

I agree that hopefully both sides leave the cheap stuff in the dressing rooms and bring the talent out! Top notch goaltending on both ends could make this a long night!

I attended the Tigers / Lewiston game on Saturday and I really don't think you Giant fans are going to have a problem drowning out the Tiger fans. I couldn't believe how quiet they were in the building!

The bulk of them are in one section up in the balcony, with a few spread here and there throughout the building. It wont be an issue :)

old_time_hockey
05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
The bulk of them are in one section up in the balcony, with a few spread here and there throughout the building. It wont be an issue :)

All of Keetley's family is in sec. B there orange ribbons and cowbells.

langdak
05-23-2007, 01:17 PM
All of Keetley's family is in sec. B there orange ribbons and cowbells.

Ya i noticed that during MH's first game, havent quite pinned down which one is actually his mom because there are 3 or 4 ladies that sit in the same row with Keetley jersey's.

Tiger9
05-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Ya i noticed that during MH's first game, havent quite pinned down which one is actually his mom because there are 3 or 4 ladies that sit in the same row with Keetley jersey's.

I'll give you desription if you want to go and repeat the BS that was posted earlier about a certain players mother?

GF71
05-23-2007, 01:38 PM
I'll give you desription if you want to go and repeat the BS that was posted earlier about a certain players mother?

Give it a rest kid. Maybe you could meet him at the monkey bars at 3:00? Boogaard'd Oh I know...maybe you could not invite him to your birthday or tell his mom? Boogaard'd

Beaner
05-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Before this thread spirals out of control, can I just ask everyone to relax a bit before they post.

I apologize for not monitoring the forum as closely as usual but work is insane right now and taking all of my time right now, so much so that I have had to miss a bunch of games during the tournament.

So please, just take a minute before you post something, and lets get back to talking about hockey please.

Tiger9
05-23-2007, 01:59 PM
You got it Beaner!! :groovy:

Jimmy
05-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Going to be a great game. nhl

Carebear
05-23-2007, 04:46 PM
GIANTS OBVIOUSLY!

I'm so pumped...all I have to get through is the 1.5 hours of traffic and then IM THERE! :D

GF71
05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
GIANTS OBVIOUSLY!

I'm so pumped...all I have to get through is the 1.5 hours of traffic and then IM THERE! :D

I work in Langley too...take the back roads....64th, Alex Fraser (stay in right lane--annicis exit...lane carries through.), Queensboro (stay in left lane) Marine, Boundry, Hastings. 45min tops, unless there is an accident on the bridge...then you are looking at an hour or so. :wave:

Carebear
05-23-2007, 05:03 PM
I work in Langley too...take the back roads....64th, Alex Fraser (stay in right lane--annicis exit...lane carries through.), Queensboro (stay in left lane) Marine, Boundry, Hastings. 45min tops, unless there is an accident on the bridge...then you are looking at an hour or so. :wave:

Thanks for the info! May try that sometime next year, don't wanna risk getting lost in Vancouver on the way tonight (Vancouver streets and I do NOT get along..I usually end up in tears when trying to get through Van).

bandwagonboy
05-23-2007, 11:53 PM
The biggest key is don't engage Dorsett in his sideshow. That is what the Tigers thrive on. Distraction.

No, the tigers thrive on speed and work ethic. Take those away, and they struggle. Neither of those elements were missing tonight and hence you can chalk one up for the good guys. The tigers thrive on speed and work ethic, but are always willing to take advantage of Dorsett's distractions.

Good game tonight, you guys got to witness one hell of a war. See you on sunday (if the g-men hold their end up, and they should).

rinkrat
05-24-2007, 01:14 AM
The tigers thrive on speed and work ethic, but are always willing to take advantage of Dorsett's distractions.

I believe all the glove punches and slashes and getting in their face after every whistle is absolutely done with a purpose in mind.
4 on 4 hockey. The Tigers know they have small speedsters and we have size and will clog up the middle defensively and win the battles on the boards.
It should come as no surprise that they want 4 on 4 hockey.
The Tigers would not get away with that during regular season play,at least not against my team.
But,this ain't the regular season and one goal or PP or blown PK can make or break the tourney.
Don is being out smarted. No disrespect,they are a great team,but right now he needs to adjust.
And he will.

dondo
05-24-2007, 01:21 AM
We have become a very predictable team and the Tigers playing us so many times recently seem to know our habits better than we do.

Its time for Hay to shuffle the deck and get a few new wrinkles. Do we always have to have the same dump-ins? Do we always have to play corner cycle hockey on the PP with no-one going to the net? Do we always have to have our D-Men play very slow paddy-cake with the puck along the blue-line?

Hayzer really needs to shake it up and stop making our game so predictable. not massive changes just some tweaks that no-one expects, where's the set play when we win a centre-ice face-off the two D-Men rush up the sides and gain the zone. Stuff like that I'd like to see.

Tigers2win
05-24-2007, 10:36 AM
The Giants haven't shown much in the Mem cup, they haven't dominated any of the games as of yet. I thought they were stronger in the WHL final. Granted they have some skilled players but it didn't look like they showed up last night. Good thing for Sexsmith or they'd be in major trouble. The Giants showed last night they can't handle the constant pressure by the smaller, faster Tigers with their strong forechecking. I think the Giants are in for a tough game no matter who they face in the semifinals I'm not saying I'll be cheering for them but I'd love to see the 2 dub teams in the final. It might not be a lock for the Tabbies but they have to be feeling pretty good right now! They've taken a bit out of the Giants and love how it tastes!! yeehoo

bandwagonboy
05-24-2007, 11:21 PM
I believe all the glove punches and slashes and getting in their face after every whistle is absolutely done with a purpose in mind.
4 on 4 hockey. The Tigers know they have small speedsters and we have size and will clog up the middle defensively and win the battles on the boards.
It should come as no surprise that they want 4 on 4 hockey.
The Tigers would not get away with that during regular season play,at least not against my team.
But,this ain't the regular season and one goal or PP or blown PK can make or break the tourney.
Don is being out smarted. No disrespect,they are a great team,but right now he needs to adjust.
And he will.

Very interesting theory. Personally I'm not seeing any more gloved punchs or slashes than you'd see in any other playoff game.

And if I'm wrong, I'd like to see the numbers on 4-4 goals between these two teams because frankly as I remember it both of these teams have equally taken the play to each other 4-4. I think the g-men have been getting as many chances as the tigs 4-4. Both of these teams are very quick, and both have players who's eyes get big as saucers (as the saying goes) when it's 4-4.