PDA

View Full Version : Blade brass get sneak peak into future.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Top draft picks in town for weekend camp
Cory Wolfe, The StarPhoenix
Published: Friday, May 25, 2007
Saskatoon Blades assistant general manager Jarrod Brodsky admits that he does a little daydreaming sometimes.

"I've looked at what our roster could look like this year and in 2008 and even up to 2009," he said Thursday. "Not everybody is going to turn out, but right now, we feel pretty good about our future." Team brass will sneak a peek at that future during this weekend's prospects camp at Schroh Arena. Twenty-one players -- that's most of the bantam draft picks from the past two years -- have confirmed their attendance.

"We're looking forward to it because we'll be able to see everyone on one sheet of ice," said Brodsky. "We'll see them do a couple of drills as well as the fitness testing on Saturday." Ice sessions are scheduled for Saturday (1:15-2:45 p.m.) and Sunday (9:30-10:45 a.m.).

Players will also tour Credit Union Centre and Marion Graham Collegiate.

Through the ice sessions, Saskatonians will get their first glimpses of Winnipeg centre Charles Inglis, the fourth overall pick in the May 3 bantam pick. North Vancouver defenceman Stefan Elliott is also headed this way for his first Saskatoon camp. The Blades acquired Elliott -- the 12th overall bantam pick in 2006 -- from the Prince George Cougars as part of the Devin Setoguchi trade.

Elliott, Saskatoon defenceman Mitch Berg, Kelowna forward Curtis Hamilton and Surrey goaltender Adam Morrison are among the 1991-born players who have a shot at cracking the Blades' roster this season.

"They've all progressed quite well," said Brodsky. "Training camp will tell the tale.

They're still only 16 years old and like (coach- GM) Lorne (Molleken) says, they need to be able to play in all situations to stick with us." Morrison will share crease time with two other goalies this weekend: Winnipeg's Matthew Krahn, whom the Blades listed last year, and Edmonton's Chris Sharkey, a late pick this year.

Most of the Blades' veterans are expected to be in town Saturday for fitness testing.

cwolfe@sp.canwest.com

© The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon) 2007I would like to go and see this but,I am probably busy on Saturday(going to hopefully buy a car) ,but maybe Sunday,If I can convince someone with a car to take me. :( If I do not go,it will be no big deal but it would give me something to do.

Trav
05-26-2007, 07:10 PM
but im in Calgary right now. The three id wanna see would be Inglis, Elliot and Hamilton.

Hamilton looked great at camp last year so he should easily make the team as should Elliot and then theres Inglis who probably could've gone 1st overall. Wouldnt be surprsied if he's better then Gillies.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
05-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Wow, these three guys the Blades have are now our future and it seems very bright. Stefan Elliot who was aquired from Vancouver I think, a very high prospect and Hamilton the same, look to make the team, and when we draft a guy that was suposed to go 1st overall, looks like wemight win our first championship very soon, all we need now is to pick a skilled player in the Ero Draft and we hve a very high pick so that shouldn't be too hard.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Wow, these three guys the Blades have are now our future and it seems very bright. Stefan Elliot who was aquired from Vancouver I think, a very high prospect and Hamilton the same, look to make the team, and when we draft a guy that was suposed to go 1st overall, looks like wemight win our first championship very soon, all we need now is to pick a skilled player in the Ero Draft and we hve a very high pick so that shouldn't be too hard.
Stefan Elliott was aquired from Prince George,the 3 guys that I would like to see are:Stefan Elliott, Charles Inglis(1st round pick in 07,and Josh Nicholls(2nd round pick in 07) even though the last two guys are not eligible to play a full season until 08-09 I am still excited to see them in training camp and at the Ice Breaker Tournament.

GHOST
05-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Is Krahn related to Calgary Flames goaltender Brent Krahn?

I'm excited about attending Blades games this fall! Hopefully we have a young, and exciting team!

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
05-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Exactly what I am saying. Hard to belive it's not even the off-season yet and it feels like I've been waiting forever!!!

GHOST
05-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Exactly what I am saying. Hard to belive it's not even the off-season yet and it feels like I've been waiting forever!!!
The off season, for hockey period, is the worst time of year for me. I watch baseball, the draft, and free agency, but it's still tough. Atleast we have that Canada/Russia summit series to look forward too.