PDA

View Full Version : Jennings looked good last night

inthebox4five
03-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Very composed. Thought Jennings deserved a star more than Cunning. Why DID Cunning get a star? - for shooting at Dubnyk's chest? c'mon! Maybe the folks in Kamloops just wanted to acknowledge his past contribution to the team... come to think of it, maybe they wanted to acknowledge his contribution of Kassian to the team... :laugh: Anyhow, Jennings was very solid. Blazers definitely had their chances, but Jennings didn't let in any soft goals. Maybe he's the man to put between the pipes for playoffs!.... ?

Beaner
03-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Jennings won't be in net for the playoffs, unless,

1) Schwarz gets hurt.
2) The giants get blown out the 1st 3 games.

Kassian
03-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Maybe he's the man to put between the pipes for playoffs!.... ?

Maybe. But it won't happen. Not unless something drastic happens. Schwarz played very well on saturday against Kelowna. If he can keep that up (that's a big IF unfortunately) then the goaltending for Vancouver should be fine. As long as there is some offensive support.

Jimmy
03-07-2005, 02:20 PM
If Schwarz plays like he did in Lethbridge a month ago, you're looking at a second-round team at the least.

Jimmy
03-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately, Jennings has been nothing more than a solid backup. While that is just what you'd want out of him, it mean he is likely not going to see any playoff time until the Giants start a) getting worked in the first round or b) maybe a game or two in a later round.

Kassian
03-07-2005, 09:05 PM
If Schwarz plays like he did in Lethbridge a month ago, you're looking at a second-round team at the least.

Yup. It is unfortunate. When Schwarz is on, the Giants are a much better team. But with his up and down play you never know what to expect. :confused:

Sput
03-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm just gonna hope that which ever goalie you guys have in up here in PG has an off night. You guys don't really have much to play for, so why not let us get 4 easy points off ya for a change?? :laugh:

Jew Panda
03-08-2005, 12:42 AM
I disagree with the comment on Jenning's playing well last night. The Blazers couldn't jam the puck home. There were countless opportunies on open nets and Kamloops never countered. Jenning's looked shaky, except for a few solid glove saves from blasting poing shots.

To be completely honest, I forgot about Schwarz completely. Figured Jennings was the starter. Poor Vancouver fans, only two solid goaltenders. :D

Jimmy
03-08-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm just gonna hope that which ever goalie you guys have in up here in PG has an off night. You guys don't really have much to play for, so why not let us get 4 easy points off ya for a change?? :laugh:

6 points :)
Though we are trying to save face and at least finish over .500

Jimmy
03-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Poor Vancouver fans, only two solid goaltenders. :D

Man, what we would do with a Dubnyk... :spineyes:

Kassian
03-08-2005, 02:34 AM
Dubnyk probably wishes he was on Vancouver that way Brule couldn't light him up nearly every time we play Kamloops. :laugh:

HockeyFan04
03-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Jennings has played against Medicine Hat, Seattle, Everett and Kamloops in his last 4 games. Should have got a star in the Hat, he held Seattle to 1 goal, got a point in the Everett game and should have got a star vs Kamloops. IMO his play has been more steady and predictable than Schwarz has been in the lst month or so and that's what you need in the play-offs. Being the star one night and then being weak the next won't win a play-off round in this league. I think the Giants have given Shwarz every chance to prove himself but he has yet to prove he can be consistent. Hay should pit them against one another over the remaining games and let the hot hand start the play-offs.