PDA

View Full Version : GDT: Memorial Final - Vancouver vs. Medicine Hat

www.BCSportsBeat.ca
05-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Who: Giants, Tigers
What: Memorial Cup Final
Where: Pacific Coliseum
When: Sunday (today) 1:00pm/pst

The Vancouver Giants and Medicine Hat Tigers face-off in a winner take all game this afternoon to see who will be Canada's number one major junior team.

Puck-drop is set for 1:08pm/pst at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver.

--

This should be a great game. The Giants are in their third jersey for today's final game. Yes, that is right the reds. We are about 25 mins before game time and the seats here are filling quickly. According to Ticketmaster today's game is officially sold-out. Scalpers in front of the stadium say they are getting over $100 a seat upper-bowl.

Talking to several Tigers' fans before the game they said nearly 2,000 fans have been imported from Alberta for the game. The Giants fans are here in full force and are ready to bring the Memorial Cup back to the lower mainland.

On my site (http://bcsportsbeat.ca) you can take a look at some pre-game photos snapped by Cam Martin. Enjoy it should be a great game.

www.BCSportsBeat.ca
05-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Mario Bliznak scored for the Giants at 6:07 of the second. Kenndal McArdle picked up the loose puck to the right of the Tigers' net he quickly spun and fired a shot towards the net.

The puck sailed through the crease where AJ Thelen turned and fired an off-balance shot from the left side. Keetley stopped the shot, but the rebound bounced right on the stick of Mario Bliznak who made no mistake snapping the puck past Keetley just under the crossbar.

rinkrat
05-27-2007, 06:41 PM
The Giants are in their third jersey for today's final game. Yes, that is right the reds.
Minor detail. The reds are not the thirds. The black ones are,they just don't wear the reds much.
I was glad to see them skate out in the reds though. ;)

Section_Z
05-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Minor detail. The reds are not the thirds. The black ones are,they just don't wear the reds much.

Perhaps they are not...."Orange!"

rinkrat
05-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Perhaps they are not...."Orange!"

haha,good one. Thanks to the PG announcers. :thumb:

Knuckles Muldoon
05-27-2007, 08:35 PM

I was glad to see the reds, too. They looked damn good celebrating in those terrific unis. :thumb:

Swando
05-27-2007, 10:03 PM
I found the Hat jerseys conflicted with ours as the side bars made them look to much alike. I like the change up on wearing the Burgundy!

dondo
05-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Its only fitting that they wore the burgundy jerseys, well done boys you looked great out their in your real darks -- as much as I like the blacks I'll always have a soft spot for the burgundies.