PDA

View Full Version : Possible 20 Year Olds?

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Out of the many overagers that will be available from the WHL next season who would you like to see the Blades get?

I was going to list them all,but that would take too long,and one could easily look that up themselves.

One player that I can think of off the top of my head is Steve Da Silva,maybe we could dream and get Kris and Ryan Russell?

I think we shoould get 2 overage defencemen(since the blueline will be telented but young) and 1 overage forward.

Trav
05-27-2007, 10:52 PM
that we'd get DaSilva or even one of the Russells. Kris Russell will be playing pro anyways so he's out. The Ice are going to be pretty good again next year with DaSilva, Maxwell, Sylvester, Bailey and R. Russell I think could be an overager there so there'd be no need for the Ice to trade DaSilva, plus we'd have to give up a top young prospect and a high pick for him probably.

I think Molleken should search the junior A ranks and try and find an overager there. Remember a few years ago when they picked up Denny Jonston. He was a good overager for the Blades. Go find another one of him.

I'm going with two forwards and one d-man if the Blades have three overagers.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-27-2007, 10:59 PM
There is a possibility that Molleken could find maybe 1 Overager from the WHL and then the other 2 from Junior A like you said. Or maybe from the OHL or QMJHL but they would have to clear waivers ect Brandon Tidball. :laugh: pbj dancing pi

Tidball
05-28-2007, 09:24 AM
There is a possibility that Molleken could find maybe 1 Overager from the WHL and then the other 2 from Junior A like you said. Or maybe from the OHL or QMJHL but they would have to clear waivers ect Brandon Tidball. :laugh: pbj dancing pi
Maybe he could convince Chad Denis agent to let him play another year of Junior in the WHL. Though i dont think that would sit well with the Maniacs. Blades will not pick up any top notch WHL 20's. This is not our year to make trades to gun for the title. Molleken im sure will search junoir A for a 20. I doubt he want to trade for 1. Who knows what he will find.

wango tango
05-28-2007, 11:12 AM
wouldn't worry about 20's, or any other transactions for that matter, until after the expansion draft. the blades would have to protect anyone they acquire before the expansion draft, and that could potentially leave a younger player of value exposed.

once the expansion draft is over, you'll probably see some movement of players across the league.

hobster
05-28-2007, 12:20 PM
the blades will be one of the bussier teams this summer i say we pick up 2 overage d-men 1 overage foward a euro foward and trade one of out goalies so morrison can backup

wango tango
05-28-2007, 01:25 PM
here's a list of 20's. i left out teams in the east and central divisions, and goalies.

chilliwack - petkau, holden, champman.
kamloops - delaronde, mason, bender.
kelowna - mcewan.
prince george - drazenovic, durand, setoguchi, gardner, rapac, sagert, patterson, mihalik.
vancouver - watt, kraus, bliznak, mcardle, hunt, wuchterl, mikkelson, franson.

everett - gendur, fiala, alic, smyke, sonne, crowley.
portland - hotson, mclaren, fike, langwieder.
tri-city - yellowhorn, vey, gillies, felde, kaye, swaby, fast.
seattle - mckenzie, herman, jackson, stamler, olson.
spokane - linsley, bruton, grabner, rutherford, blackwater, bryce, zimmerman.

remember this list includes guys who will certainly be in the ahl or nhl next season, and euros who are rarely kept around as 20's because they then take up 2 valuable roster spots.

howley
05-28-2007, 03:47 PM
make a run at getting crowley back.

hobster
05-29-2007, 09:19 AM
i could see curtis patterson as a overage d-man come to the blades and play for his hometown and play with his cousen here as well

wango tango
05-29-2007, 12:53 PM
names on the list that would be interesting.

chilliwack - petkau, holden, champman.
kamloops - delaronde, mason, bender.
kelowna - mcewan.
prince george - drazenovic, durand, setoguchi, gardner, rapac, sagert, patterson, mihalik.
vancouver - watt, kraus, bliznak, mcardle, hunt, wuchterl, mikkelson, franson.

everett - gendur, fiala, alic, smyke, sonne, crowley.
portland - hotson, mclaren, fike, langwieder.
tri-city - yellowhorn, vey, gillies, felde, kaye, swaby, fast.
seattle - mckenzie, herman, jackson, stamler, olson.
spokane - linsley, bruton, grabner, rutherford, blackwater, bryce, zimmerman.

wango tango
06-26-2007, 12:50 PM
thought this deserved a bump after today's durand deal.

any guesses on the third 20?

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-26-2007, 03:36 PM
thought this deserved a bump after today's durand deal.

any guesses on the third 20?
I would like to think that the last one would be a defencemen. I do not know exactly who though,and wouldn't that be cool if all 3 overagers were from Saskatoon? (possible by unlikely IMO)

Trav
06-26-2007, 05:15 PM
the last 20 will be a defensemen. Also probably see one defensemen tomorrow picked.