PDA

View Full Version : Charles Inglis will play in Saskatoon next year...

Trav
05-29-2007, 06:13 PM
but not with the Blades lol. Although a few scouts say he could've played in the league last year, he'll be playing for the Saskatoon Contacts which will be great for him and the Blades. He can practice with the big club all season we should for sure see him play in 5 games at least this year.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-29-2007, 08:19 PM
but not with the Blades lol. Although a few scouts say he could've played in the league last year, he'll be playing for the Saskatoon Contacts which will be great for him and the Blades. He can practice with the big club all season we should for sure see him play in 5 games at least this year.
That would be awesome if he played in Saskatoon for the Contacts,I would definately have to watch some games then. Also to see the other Blades prospects that play for the Contacts and other teams as well.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
05-29-2007, 08:47 PM
That would be great, Iwould also try tosee the Blades #1 prospect ifIhad the chance.

Dwight Schrute
05-30-2007, 02:43 AM
why would he be allowed to cross provinces for midget ????
wouldnt it irritate the manitoba midget hockey league

wango tango
05-30-2007, 08:50 AM
why would he be allowed to cross provinces for midget ????
wouldnt it irritate the manitoba midget hockey league

charles and his father mr. inglis are moving to saskatoon, in part for charles, and in part for mr. inglis so he can be closer to help his ailing mother in edmonton.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
05-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Aww that's not good to hear.

Tidball
05-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I would love to see him play. I hope he plays the icebreaker. I also hope his team doesnt do well so we see him play 10+ games with the Blades this season. I know it sounds selfish. But oh well. :)

Trav
06-01-2007, 10:29 PM
more I think. From what I hear the competition here is considered higher then in Manitoba.

Scout
06-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Because there is a rule that midget players cannot transfer between Provinces to play hockey. Bronco first round pick Geordie Wudrick is a good case. He lived in B.C. and was drafted by the Broncos. He and his mom moved to Saskatchewan and he attended Notre Dame College. He went to alot of Bronco road games and became familiar with the guys and the team. He was also called up for a few games and practiced with the team quite a bit. It's a big move for the parents doing this for their kids but it has happened in the past. The only other way to play in a different province than where you live and not have a parent living in the province is if you are not able to get proper schooling in your home town. My nephew years ago lived in Petawawa Ontario and was majoring in music. The Broncos were interested in him and wanted to see more of him. He came and lived with me. Because he was 15 he could not play with the big club and wanted to play for the midget team here. After two months we finally got approval for him to play midget in Swift Current because where his parents lived he could not get a proper education for what he was majoring in. There is a way around the rules but it's not easy to do.

Scout