PDA

View Full Version : Stoesz goes pro

nivek_wahs
05-31-2007, 05:44 PM
http://www.reginapats.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=980

STOESZ SIGNS PRO CONTRACT

The Regina Pats are pleased to announce that forward Myles Stoesz has signed a professional contract with the Atlanta Thrashers of the National Hockey League. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Stoesz was originally drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the 7th round, 207th overall at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

The 20-year old native of Steinbach, MB was acquired by the Pats from the Chilliwack Bruins at the WHL Trade Deadline on January 10th, 2007. In 29 games played with the Pats, Stoesz collected 4 goals and 2 assists for 6 points, along with 89 minutes in penalties. Stoesz finished the 2006-07 season with 224 combined penalty minutes between the Bruins and Pat. His total was good for 2nd overall in the WHL, behind Prince Albert Raiders’ defenseman Mike Gauthier. It was the third straight season Stoesz finished 2nd overall in WHL penalty minutes. Stoesz also suited up for nine of the Pats ten games during the 2007 playoffs.

"We are very happy for Myles that he has taken another step towards realizing his goal of playing professional hockey. Myles was a great addition to our team last year and if he does in fact graduate to the pro ranks next season we wish him all the best" commented Regina Pats General Manager Brent Parker.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-31-2007, 06:00 PM
You beat me to the punch :laugh: Congrats to him,if in fact he does move up a step kudos to him,It will not be quite the same seeing him not on the ice being followed around by Klotz, and I am sure that he would be glad to get away from that. :laugh:

He will get to play with 2 former Blades though, Michael Garnett and Garnett Exelby.

Bruins_Booster
05-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Congrats to Myles! Even though his stay here was short I know lots of fans here would wish him the best as he steps it up to make the pros. :clap: nhl

Bran
05-31-2007, 09:38 PM
If he does move on next year he will definately be missed, but I wish him well. If he's still in a Pats uniform next year, well I certainly won't be complaining! Congrats, Myles!

Dwight Schrute
06-01-2007, 05:27 AM
unexpected but good for him, with atl trading away most of their good prospects (coburn, bourret etc) at the deadline it created room and gave stoesz a shot, heres hoping he makes the most :D

Kassian
06-01-2007, 05:55 AM
I was hoping Stoesz would return for next season but either way that's good to hear he's inked a contract. :clap: