PDA

View Full Version : Whl is going to be alot different next season

Warrior Fan
05-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Alot of talent has already signed and in the next few days I would suspect more to come. The Warriors won't be losing anyone that really matters due to pro signings. So that is a plus. We were last but we get them all back. Hellyer went to college.

Kohn, Stoesz, Cole to name a few in our division have already left. I believe Reaves and Plante have both signed on to play pro as well so Brandon is going to be taking a huge hit all over the board. Top dman, top forwards in Derlago and Burki, top goaltender for the last 3 seasons. Going to be a long road ahead this season I think.

Who else from the Pats, Blades, Raiders, Kings and Bronco's have signed pro contracts or lost key personnel.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-31-2007, 11:04 PM
From the Blades:just Cole has signed(he was gone after this season anyway) So the Blades loose only 1 player due to signings. They also lost Ryan Menei and Joe Logan(due to graduation) and only Cole and Menei are playing Pro. They have to find 3 twenty year olds(which should not be a problem) from the Pats Myles Stoesz signed with the Atlanta Thrashers so the chances of him returning are even less likely now that he has signed.

WHEATMAN
05-31-2007, 11:22 PM
To my knowledge Plante hasn't signed yet, so that means he goes back into the draft, If he does return, I can't see the Wheaties keeping him, Brandon has some great goaltending prospects, so if Plante is returned I could see him being dealt to a contender.

Toswammi
06-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Swifty loses:
Moir, Rumsey, Shenderling to grad
1 player yet to be named to Edmonton
and have Wilson, Larochelle, Leovold, Rakos as potental returning 20 yr olds. No one signed.

hobster
06-01-2007, 09:24 AM
this league is no differant this year than any other year there's signing every off season but the one thing that will change is the amount of goals per game i think it could drop more with a expansion team coming in taking more talent

Five Hole
06-01-2007, 02:24 PM
this league is no differant this year than any other year there's signing every off season but the one thing that will change is the amount of goals per game i think it could drop more with a expansion team coming in taking more talent

I couldn't figure out why you'd think an expansion team might make scoring go down...most teams aren't going to be losing any of their top scorers to Edmonton I wouldn't think.. so out of curiosity I took a look at what happened this year with expansion compared to 05/06 when there were 20 teams...
05/06 20 teams 06/07 21 teams
4,195 goals vs 4,629 goals
210 avg per team vs 220 avg per team
720 games vs 756 games
5.8 goals per game vs 6.12 goals per game
so scoring was up a bit.. no doubt the biggest factor was the rule changes where you cant grab on as much or the D can't crosscheck a guy to death in front of the net anymore :laugh:
be interesting to see what happens this coming season

Rebel Tiger
06-24-2007, 05:58 PM
I couldn't figure out why you'd think an expansion team might make scoring go down...most teams aren't going to be losing any of their top scorers to Edmonton I wouldn't think..

I think he is refering to draft talent being split 22 ways instead of 20 like a few years ago.
There is only so much talent to draft each given year and adding 2 teams drops the talent level you pick each round.
Ex..
If you pick 10th then round 1 is normal compared to past years... HOWEVER round 2 you are picking 32nd instead of 30th.. round 3 would be 54th instead of 50th and it just gets worse as the rounds go on.
This should emphasise just how important the first few rounds in the draft are.

My view.
RebelTiger