PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Draft

d-man
06-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Who do the Broncos protect in Tuesday's expansion draft? They can protect 15 players over 16 yo so guys like Eakin, Greyeyes and Hoban are safe.

Yonkman
Curtis
Doyle
Postma
Claffey
Molle
Nelson
Bortis
Weise
Stieler
Wudrick
Gervais
Smith
Tassone
Dowling

Leavold? (20yo)
McAvoy?
Rakos? (20yo)
Toulmin?
Foucault?
Brown?
Wilson? (20yo)
LaRochelle? (20yo)

Toswammi
06-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I would leave all the Euros unprotected. With Edmonton having high picks in the Euro draft i dont see them going for a Euro in this draft.

Toswammi
06-02-2007, 02:01 PM
BTW the draft is this Tuesday IIRC

nivek_wahs
06-02-2007, 02:11 PM
From Keen's Korner... http://www.jonkeen.blogspot.com/

- The Edmonton Oil Kings expansion draft is set for Tuesday. The Broncos will submit their protected list that morning. I haven't talked to Dean about their plans but one would think they will choose to keep their returning overagers (20's) unprotected so they can use the extra spot for their young talent. In other words, RJ Larochelle, Brady Leavold, Daniel Rakos and Mike Wilson will be thrown to the expansion wolves. The Broncos also don't have enough room to protect all of their returning 19 year-olds. One out of that group may also be headed north to the City of Champions. Check back Tuesday...

Scout
06-04-2007, 08:45 AM
The W.H.L. will be holding the expansion draft for the Edmonton Oil Kings tomorrow. Any thoughts on who we may loose? If R.J. is left unprotected i would think the Oil Kings would go after him. Any other thoughts?

Scout

Toswammi
06-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I still wanna say Spencer.

Big Ern
06-04-2007, 12:28 PM
I think we will lose either McAvoy, or Danny Rakos.

dubfan
06-05-2007, 06:23 PM
To date from looking at teams websites. Stamler Sea, JP Siesiewich Spok, Hlookoff Everett, Figren Cal, Dulle Saskatoon, Regina pass, Kamloops pass, Gross PA, Adamyk Lethbridge, Brietkrieuz Kelowna, Chill trades Archibald and Halliday to Edmonton, Lockerby Brandon

ointhecreek
06-05-2007, 06:57 PM
According to white board---S.C-Cumiskey 90 LW. Can't say I've heard of this kid. At least we didn't loose any 20's.

d-man
06-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Played for Williams Lake in the BCHL last year. 60gp 13g 16a and was acquired by Alberni Valley after the season. Williams Lake Wolves are moving to Wenatchee, WA. Small forward 5'10" 165lbs but quick IIRC.

Scout
06-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Keen's Korner

Tuesday, June 05, 2007
***UPDATE**** Clayton Cumiskey Edmonton Bound

Sorry for the delay, I got caught up on the golf course tonight...........

- The Swift Current Broncos have parted ways with 17 year-old forward Clayton Cumiskey in todays Edmonton Oil Kings expansion draft. Cumiskey, 5'10, 165 - played this last season in Williams Lake in the BCJHL and put up decent numbers.

He was a 6th round bantam selection in the 2005 bantam draft. He actually was teammates with Geordie Wudrick and goaltender Ian Curtis in "AAA" bantam in Abbotsford. He was a prospect I liked but the Broncos just have too many at that age (1990 born) coming into camp or on the team from last season.

From what I gather he really wanted to be a Bronco next season and was gearing up for training camp. His brother Kyle Cumiskey was a standout with the Kelowna Rockets. I spoke with Head Coach and G.M. Dean Chynoweth tonight and will post a transcript of our chat tomorrow.

Not a lot of big surprises in today's expansion draft. Former Bronco defenseman Micheal Hengen is packing his suitcase again. Hengen was scooped up by Edmonton. The Oil Kings become an unprecedented 6th team for Hengen in his WHL career. That's almost impossible one would think. I have to ask the question, what's the record for most teams played for career in the WHL? Six has to get some consideration.

A complete list of drafted players is available at www.whl.ca .

---------------------------------

- Expect an announcement from possibly two WHL teams this week regarding their vacant Head Coaching positions. We'll see who goes where and have reaction once the news is released.

Toswammi
06-07-2007, 06:53 PM
I liked this kid from camp. IIRC the kid can skate.