PDA

View Full Version : Play-offs

AlbertaBeef
03-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Are Blades fans worried aobut the play-offs? They seem to have been on a slide lately and that's not good timing! Not only did they get creamed in Brandon last week, but they couldn't even pull off that win against the Pats, who, frankly, are brutal. Right now I think theyre better off facing the Raiders than the Warriors, but either way, they're going to be in tough, trying to get into the second round.

Any thoughts?

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I am not that worried about the Blades going into the playoffs because we will have healed all of our injuries and get no more injuries(i hope) I think the slide will end soon because if we will go far in the playoffs then we want to start winning our next game and all of the games after that. As for us getting a tie Verses Regina, i think you should take into consideration that Ryan Keller and Devin Setoguchi two of our many top scorers were out of the line-up due to injury, But Setoguchi's injury has since healed so it will help with him back in the line-up. I heard that Keller will be back in a week and that will certainly help as he is our TOP scorer. In the Brandon game these two players did not play in the game also.

Lefty
03-07-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm not nervous... yet. If the Blades continue their sub-par play into the last games of the season, then I will be worried. There are still 5 games left, 4 (I think) of which are against teams with worse records. If the Blades lose 3 or more of those games I will be worried, otherwise I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Blades 4 Life!
03-07-2005, 06:47 PM
when setoguchi and keller get back it will really get the blade going. well they have too or else they will be screwed. Cyr has to play his best hockey for the rest of the season and for the playoffs. if he is going to play like he has, the offense will have to work there ass off. i reall yhope they kick the **** out of the paiders becasue the raiders fans are really lippy. and there mouths need to be shut! GoBladesGo!

AlbertaBeef
03-07-2005, 07:24 PM
That Keller Seto were out - but it was more than that - I didn't see either of the last two games, but I did the see the overtime loss to Brandon and the defence was horrible to say the least. Yeah, they scored a couple of goals, but they don't play the point tight unless they're on a PP - and they were still getting beat to their own zone 90 percent of the time. They'd leave a man open in front, not bugging him for long periods of time. And Cyr definatly hasn't been at the top of his game either - and goaltending can make or break you in the play-offs. I really don't know if they have the depth.

Furback
03-08-2005, 01:12 AM
hey the raiders have nothing to lose if they win saskatoon choked if they lose they were underdogs raiders have no pressure stoon is looking to get swept and i will not stoop to the stoons fans leval by insulting the blades when that happens i will just say congrats to the blades for being the most improved team in the wub.