PDA

View Full Version : NHL needs to quit changing the game !!!!

Offsider
06-05-2007, 07:52 AM
NHL general managers looking at bigger nets yesterday in meetings the ideal of bigger net was table led and it is thought the new nets would be seen in the AHL next season. I am not sure what the NHL is doing trying to change the game to much, To get more US viewers. This years playoffs have been great you could not ask for more exciting hockey. Time for Canadian fans to let them know that it’s our game and we like it the way it is . We should have a pole and send the results to the NHL. Thumbs down on bigger nets

WHEATMAN
06-05-2007, 09:56 AM
NHL general managers looking at bigger nets yesterday in meetings the ideal of bigger net was table led and it is thought the new nets would be seen in the AHL next season. I am not sure what the NHL is doing trying to change the game to much, To get more US viewers. This years playoffs have been great you could not ask for more exciting hockey. Time for Canadian fans to let them know that it’s our game and we like it the way it is . We should have a pole and send the results to the NHL. Thumbs down on bigger nets

I couldn't agree more. All these terrible changes the NHL has made under Bettman's time as commish (Instigator, Shoot outs etc.) have ruined the game. I think the NHL needs to stop catering to the fans and do what is right for the sport, not the entertainment value. I understand the NHL is a business and is all about making money, but the fans shouldn't have a say in what the rules are, that should be up to the senior employees of the NHL. If the NHL continues to keep screwing up the game like it has been, I won't continue to watch. It is becoming a complete joke.

old_time_hockey
06-05-2007, 03:05 PM
The biggest, best and most effective change the NHL could make is to get rid of Bettman.

I am happy that more of the clutching and grabbing is out. But making the nets bigger?? Boogaard'd It is cause they want more offense. They should shrink the neutral zone a little bit which makes the attacking zones just that little bit bigger giving skilled guys room to work. That, and it would make it harder for trap teams to do their thing.

Really, I haven't watched too much of the Stanley Cup this year.

Jimmypop316
06-05-2007, 03:13 PM
smaller goalie pads.

thank you.