PDA

View Full Version : Dulle selected in Expansion Draft

Goblades26
06-05-2007, 06:05 PM
This is a little disappointing as I liked what he did last year, but in the end we never lost one of the tenders.

From Blades Website:

Blades Lose Dulle To Oil Kings

Saskatoon, SK: The Saskatoon Blades this afternoon announced that they have surrendered 19 year old forward Kenton Dulle to the Edmonton Oil Kings as part of the Western Hockey League’s expansion draft which provides the league’s newest franchise to stock it’s roster by choosing one player from each of the league’s existing 21 teams with the exception of the Regina Pats and Kamloops Blazers who constructed earlier deals with the Edmonton franchise thus making them exempt from today’s proceedings.

Dulle, was acquired from the Vancouver Giants this past season in exchange for Wacey Rabbit in addition the Blades also received a 2nd round bantam draft pick in 2008 as part of the transaction. The Craik, Saskatchewan native played 22 games for the Bridge City Bunch collecting 4 goals and 3 assists to go along with 27 penalty minutes. Blades General Manager and Head Coach Lorne Molleken commented on the loss of Dulle today “Kenton was a player who will be missed by our team, he filled a great number of roles and was a very versatile player for us. We thank him for his contributions to the Saskatoon Blades and wish him the best of luck with his new club and all of his future endeavors.”

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Well it had to be someone and unfortunately it was him,but now the Blades only have three 19 year olds,so this makes some sense. I would say that Cuthbert and Dulle played the same role/type of game,and so we still have a player like him in Cuthbert.

The positive side of this is that the Blades kept their younger prospects.

I guess the Blades just wanted to loose 1 player this time. That is why they did not make a deal.

Anyways good luck to him with his new team and I am sure he will be looked upon for leadership and he can be a leader.

howley
06-05-2007, 07:55 PM
i really expected cloud to go. I am very very surprised

hockeystar
06-05-2007, 07:57 PM
It says on Kamloops website he's already been traded to them

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Here is the link:
http://www.blazerhockey.com/blazer-news/blazer-news-stories/06-05-07.php

06/05/07 - Dulle Acquired From Oil Kings

June 5th, 2007 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

KAMLOOPS, BC – The Kamloops Blazers have acquired 19-year-old forward Kenton Dulle (DOO-lee) from the expansion Edmonton Oil Kings in exchange for 17-year-old goaltender Dalyn Flette.

Dulle, who was claimed by the Oil Kings earlier today in the WHL expansion draft, finished the 2006-07 campaign with the Saskatoon Blades after a mid-season trade with Vancouver. Dulle scored 4 goals and 7 points in 22 games with the Blades, including 3 goals and 6 points in his final 11 games, after putting up 4 assists in 26 games with the Giants.

“Kenton is a character player who approaches the game with grit and tenacity. We are really excited to have him join the Blazer family,” says Assistant General Manager Shane Zulyniak.

Dulle, a 5’11”, 170-pound right winger who hails from Regina, has played in 65 career WHL games with the Blades and Giants totalling 5 goals and 14 points.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Dulle isn't a huge loss, I looked at his stats and quite frankly I am relieved that they didn't get anyone better (that wasn't protected) Cloud would have been my pick, I don't hate the guy but after what he did last year he needs some sence knocked in to him. As for that last post...wow, they take him from us and give him to the Blaz??? I bet that was a shocker, he has to move 5 hours away from Saskatoon to Edmonton and just like that he has to move all the way to the other side of Canada??? that's got to suck for him. Oh well, I am looking forward to seeing Edmonton. Another team close to us that we can play regularily throughout the season.

Trav
06-06-2007, 12:26 AM
that the Blades lost Dulle. He did okay but what would u rather lose, a young prospect with potential or a 19 yr old that is replaceable by another player.

hockeystar
06-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Blades lose Dulle in Oil Kings' expansion draft

Doug McConachie
The StarPhoenix

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Kenton Dulle's golf game went to pot late Tuesday afternoon when he answered a cellphone call from his coach, Lorne Molleken.

Or more precisely, his ex-coach.

Molleken caught the 19-year-old from Craik on the 10th tee box at Deer Valley and informed him the new Edmonton Oil Kings -- the WHL's 22nd team -- had selected him from a list of 15 players the Blades had to make available for the expansion draft.

"Shocking . . . I don't know what else to call it," Dulle said. "At the start of the year, I was with Vancouver (and heading to the Memorial Cup) and then I was traded to Saskatoon (as part of the Wacey Rabbit trade).

"It's going to take me a day or two to think about it," he said, admitting the announcement caught him so completely by surprise he couldn't finish his back nine.

But two hours later Dulle was completely caught off guard again. The Kamloops Blazers announced they'd traded 17-year old goalie Dalyn Flette to Edmonton for Dulle. "I'd better turn off my cellphone," Dulle said in a second interview, "and just read all of this on the Internet (today)."

While Edmonton will be an expansion team, Kamloops will be a veteran group. "I've talked to some of their players and they had a good year (2006-07) and they're saying it should be their year. I know I love it in B.C."

When Rabbit was traded to the Giants at the WHL trade deadline in January, the Blades acquired Dulle and a second-round bantam draft pick in 2008. Dulle, a former Regina Pat Canadians midget, had been drafted in the sixth round of the 2003 bantam draft by Vancouver and played 16 games. He played another 26 games this past season in Vancouver, picking up three assists before being traded to Saskatoon. He finished with four goals and three assists with the Blades.

"He fulfilled a role last year . . . played centre and wing, sometimes on the second line, sometimes the fourth," Molleken said. "He's got tremendous skill, but some of (our) younger players were going to be ahead of him (this coming season)."

Every team had to make available about 15 or 16 players, which is what happens when an expansion team comes into existence. The Blades protected an undisclosed group of 15 players who were 17, 18 and 19. Players drafted in 2006 and again this year were ineligible to be selected by Edmonton.

"It kind of hurts down low (to be traded)," Dulle said. "I left a lot of buddies in Vancouver and now I have to leave them in Saskatoon. But I guess one of the positives is that I'm making more friends in the league."

Molleken also revealed that neither 19-year-olds -- F Rastislav Konecny of Slovakia or D Bohdan Visnak from the Czech Republic-- are returning to the Blades this fall.

Visnak, who wasn't invited back, suffered a shoulder separation that ended his season early. Konecny decided he wanted to stay at home.

The Blades draft 10th overall in the upcoming June 27 European import draft, and it's expected they will be looking for a forward.

Molleken said his selection will be based on what NHL teams and player agents recommend, as well as information supplied to him by former colleagues and friends now in Europe.