PDA

View Full Version : new posts always dissapear

fightstrap50
03-07-2005, 07:36 PM
why do you guys remove the new posts so often its nice to be able to read whats been posted in the last few hours or half a day even, but they're always gone,why cant you leave them up for a few hours instead of clearing them, after all this is the sites most viewed section id imagine and it annoys me to not be able to see them after a while of being posted :burningma I can see setting a limit as to how many posts are allowed to stay on for a while but it gets rediculous when you press to view new posts and they all show up then 10 minites later they"re all gone :confused: errrrggg!!!. leave them up for a while to be viewed easilly instead of looking trhough forum after forum for new stuff :thumb:

The_Vulk
03-07-2005, 07:42 PM
If posts are disappearing as fast as you said, then it is not because the Administrators have been removed them, but more something to do with the database.

Sure hope it is neither.

grumphy
03-07-2005, 08:38 PM
why do you guys remove the new posts so often its nice to be able to read whats been posted in the last few hours or half a day even, but they're always gone,why cant you leave them up for a few hours instead of clearing them, after all this is the sites most viewed section id imagine and it annoys me to not be able to see them after a while of being posted :burningma I can see setting a limit as to how many posts are allowed to stay on for a while but it gets rediculous when you press to view new posts and they all show up then 10 minites later they"re all gone :confused: errrrggg!!!. leave them up for a while to be viewed easilly instead of looking trhough forum after forum for new stuff :thumb:
I've never seen this happen and most days I'm on quite often.

fightstrap50
03-07-2005, 08:59 PM
thats weird then, when i posted this there was 6 new posts and then i went on ebay on a different explorer window and all for about 10 minutes came back and clicked new posts and there was one, and it wasnt even the one i posted which was pretty new

fightstrap50
03-07-2005, 09:00 PM
thats weird then, when i posted this there was 6 new posts and then i went on ebay on a different explorer window and all for about 10 minutes came back and clicked new posts and there was one, and it wasnt even the one i posted which was pretty new
right now there is nine on my scrennhow about you, ill clicka agin in a few and let you know how many then

grumphy
03-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Which forum are you in?

Spungy
03-07-2005, 09:33 PM
if the database works the same here as other message boards. the post are not removed, it keeps track of what posts are new to 'you' not to the boards.. if you leave and come back ten minutes later, maybe there were no new posts.

maybe there is a way for us to get a link for a todays posts as well as a new posts

fightstrap50
03-07-2005, 09:41 PM
im not really in any forum im just surfin around the sight right now there is only 5, i usually click the white box for the WHLFANS.CA site for an overview of all forums

Billy Blade
03-08-2005, 12:49 PM
if the database works the same here as other message boards. the post are not removed, it keeps track of what posts are new to 'you' not to the boards.. if you leave and come back ten minutes later, maybe there were no new posts.

maybe there is a way for us to get a link for a todays posts as well as a new posts

I think you're on the right track here Spungy. There is a "New Posts" link in the top navigational bar:

http://www.yeff.ca/navbar.jpg

If for some reason they are all getting marked as "read", they will disappear from this selection. It is just a search that pulls up anything with a "new" status, or "unread". Give that a try and see how it works for you, I'm also going to look into other modifications that may make this more convenient for everybody. A "Today's Posts" link would be nice as well, bringing up anything from the current day whether it is read or not.

fightstrap50
03-08-2005, 05:52 PM
i noticed that if you sign out. the top nav bar says "todays posts" not new posts, why cant we have this as a signed in member as well