PDA

View Full Version : Trade with Saskatoon

Kristi
06-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Saskatoon, SK: The Saskatoon Blades this morning announced that they have made
a pair of player transactions today.

In the first deal the Blue and Silver acquired 20-year-old forward and Saskatoon native Michael Kaye from the Tri-City Americans in exchange for 19-year-old forward Blair Macaulay.

In the day’s 2nd deal the Blades shipped 19-year-old forward Chris Cloud to the Vancouver Giants and received in return a 2008 conditional bantam draft selection.

Kaye, a former 1st round bantam draft selection of the Lethbridge Hurricanes, appeared in 53 games last season with Tri-City where he recorded 10 goals and 17 assists for 27 points to go along with 79 penalty minutes.

Blades General Manager and Head Coach Lorne Molleken commented on today’s moves “We are extremely happy to have been able to acquire Michael from the Tri-City Americans and bring him home to play in Saskatoon. He is a high caliber player who brings tremendous character, experience and leadership to our hockey club.

Kaye also commented on today’s move “I am very happy to be coming home to Saskatoon to finish my junior career. I knew that Tri-City would have to make some moves with their 20-year-olds and this couldn’t have worked out better for me and my family.”

The newest member of the Bridge City Bunch will be available for comment today at Credit Union Centre at 2pm should the media wish to speak with him.

Molleken also commented to on the Cloud transaction “With Chris Cloud we feel that Chris is a good hockey player and with this move we feel that he can get a new start and enjoy some success with the Giants in Vancouver. We thank Chris his contributions to the city of Saskatoon and our hockey club and wish him the best in the future.”

Swando
06-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Name: Chris Cloud
Number: 29
Pos.: LW
Shoots: L
Height: 5'11
Weight: 186
Birthdate: 1988-10-22
Hometown: Waywayseecappo, MB

Last year he had 7 goals 15 assists was a -13 and had 124 pms. Probably has a tough side to him. Sounds like a change of scenery might be help him. The conditional draft must depend on how is performance is this coming year.

Kristi
06-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Holy batman........look at the name of that hometown! Joey should have fun with that one! :)

N.W. Bruin
06-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Holy batman........look at the name of that hometown! Joey should have fun with that one! :)

Waywayseecappo Wizard

Kassian
06-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I hope Hunt and Cloud play on the same line. Now that would be worth the price of admission. :groovy:

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-06-2007, 06:34 PM
This trade was made to give Cloud a fresh start,on a new team because he obviously had trouble here in Saskatoon. I am sure he can turn it into a positive.

dondo
06-07-2007, 08:34 PM
I hope its a worthwhile trade .. sounds like someone to step into the spot left by Wookie who imo will not be an OA player on the Giants -- deson't really do anything for me, but then I don't know the player yet.

GBG is he a player with heart or does he float and take dumb penalties ala Watt?

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I hope its a worthwhile trade .. sounds like someone to step into the spot left by Wookie who imo will not be an OA player on the Giants -- deson't really do anything for me, but then I don't know the player yet.

GBG is he a player with heart or does he float and take dumb penalties ala Watt?
He is a player with heart forsure,he gives 100% every time he is on the ice and he kinda played a semi enforcer role while he was here(but we all know that Klotz is the inforcer for the Blades) I would say that a player that is simmular to him would be Kenton Dulle.(except Cloud is into the rough stuff) I hope that he can get off to a good start,and keep it going. He played ok for the Blades until he hit that brick wall really. I hope he can stay focused and be a great player for the Giants.

Trav
06-08-2007, 11:57 PM
plays the same way there as he did here u guys will be pretty happy with him. Like others have said, he put in 100% every nite. You may not have seen his name on the score sheet a whole lot but u sure noticed him on the ice.

Kassian
06-09-2007, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't compare Cloud to Dulle. Cloud is definitely more physical and not afraid to mix it up. Cloud would be more similar to Hunt or Wuchterl. Closer to Hunt though considering he fights fairly often.

Swando
06-09-2007, 12:39 AM
In making this trade I would think the Giants brass are thinking of carrying some heavy artilery for the younger kids that we are bringing along. Each line could have at # 1 Lucic # 2 Bouma # 3 Hunt # 4 Cloud/ Watt
I didn't see many players needing protection this year as the G-mrn were more give than take ...still Hay knows the mind set of the team and I'm sure he has a part in all the trades! yeehoo

dondo
06-09-2007, 03:28 PM
plays the same way there as he did here u guys will be pretty happy with him. Like others have said, he put in 100% every nite. You may not have seen his name on the score sheet a whole lot but u sure noticed him on the ice.

I hope he does, players who always show up every shift are my kind of players. I enjoy watching effort the most. Pure skill is fun, but heart and guts is what hockey is all about.

Knuckles Muldoon
06-11-2007, 09:30 PM
I hope he does, players who always show up every shift are my kind of players. I enjoy watching effort the most. Pure skill is fun, but heart and guts is what hockey is all about.

I agree. Kraus has skill, but I'd take a nasty, in-your-face SOB anytime.

old_time_hockey
06-11-2007, 11:46 PM
I agree. Kraus has skill, but I'd take a nasty, in-your-face SOB anytime.

Speaking of nasty in your face SOBs...Cloud might get the assignment to get in the face of the biggest SOB in the WHL...Kyle Beach.

Wouldn't that be nice if he could just shut that punks mouth.

rinkrat
06-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Speaking of nasty in your face SOBs...Cloud might get the assignment to get in the face of the biggest SOB in the WHL...Kyle Beach.

Wouldn't that be nice if he could just shut that punks mouth.

You may be psychic. :D