PDA

View Full Version : PA Mintos captain listed by the Blades...

Trav
06-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Tommy Brown has been listed by the Blades according to the Star Phoenix but theres a possibility he could go the college route. Hopefully he'll come. Sounds to be a pretty good d-man.

Dwight Schrute
06-07-2007, 09:53 AM
he was drafted by lethbridge
heading into his 18yo season, and with his lack of size, i would hope he goes college route and gets 4 years education paid for(like tyler mugford, chris wilson) not everyguy can have it work out like matt robertson

wango tango
06-07-2007, 10:39 AM
he was drafted by lethbridge
heading into his 18yo season, and with his lack of size, i would hope he goes college route and gets 4 years education paid for(like tyler mugford, chris wilson) not everyguy can have it work out like matt robertson

guys like russell at the whl level, and niedermayer at the nhl level prove it's less about the size, and more about the skill and desire. i think brown's skill, ability, and leadership are tremendous. he would be a welcome addition to the team, play close to home, fit in well on a club with solid young nucleus, and can make an impact.

hobster
06-07-2007, 10:55 AM
im just glad we got tommy before the raiders did tommy if he comes is gonna absoulutley dominate on the pp woot woot im so pumped

Triton
06-07-2007, 11:29 AM
That would be cool if he played in the WHL but I hear he's headed out to the BCHL.

Although he lacks size, he does make up in heart and has a very good shot and speed. He would benefit any blueline in the league. He also has experience in the big game and has leadership abilities.

Trav
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
no decision has been made yet. Bet u anything he'd probably get more playing time in the WHL then he would at the college level.

hobster
06-07-2007, 02:06 PM
there would be room cause i have a funny feeling you guys wont get back may or gauthier at all haha

Tidball
06-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Brown is an amazing offensive D-man. Imagine pairing him up with Elliot on the PP. Haha that would be just sick. I SURE hope he reports.

hobster
06-07-2007, 08:08 PM
and yes if we do host the mem cup in 2010 brown would be 20 and elliott 18 man oh man watch out

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
06-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Does anybody have stats???

nivek_wahs
06-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Tommy Brown

2005-06
Regular Season:
44 GP 8 G 18 A 26 PTS 44 PIM

Playoffs:
11 GP 2 G 6 A 8 PTS 18 PIM

2006-07
Regular Season:
44 GP 19 G 47 A 66 PTS 62 PIM

Playoffs:
13 GP 3 G 6 A 9 PTS 12 PIM

Triton
06-08-2007, 01:39 AM
Not to mention, SMAAAHL defenseman of the year.

But I'm prety sure he's going to follow Ron Meyers and go the BCHL.

howley
06-08-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm a little nervous about those defensemen in the 5'7, 5'8 range. Didn't we try that once? Say...last year. I know, I know, Brown brings a ton more to the table. But you can't say size doesn't play a role

Trav
06-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Stephan Mann? He was small and was one of the Blades top d-man practically when he was here. Someone mentioned Russell of the Tigers being small so there u go theres proof that small d-men can play in the WHL. If he comes id wait until at least pre-season to determine whether or not he can play. The Blades obiviously think he can.

Triton
06-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Small in stature and not being able to play defensively is one thing, but when your Brown and your small in stature and can play at both ends, well thats just superb.

I've watched Brownie for the past two seasons and his development and the way he carries himself on and off the ice continues to amaze me.

Brownie just owned the SMAAAHL and I think it's time for him to challange himself to the next level. Another defenseman the Blades or anyone in the WHL should have taken a look at is Lewis Laczko.

Maybe one of the smallest defenseman to play in the WHL, Reagan Leslie. Could play defensively, put some points on the board and muck it up. Was fun watching that little guy put so much effort into what he did.

06-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Tommy Brown

2005-06
Regular Season:
44 GP 8 G 18 A 26 PTS 44 PIM

Playoffs:
11 GP 2 G 6 A 8 PTS 18 PIM

2006-07
Regular Season:
44 GP 19 G 47 A 66 PTS 62 PIM

Playoffs:
13 GP 3 G 6 A 9 PTS 12 PIM

Thanks for the stats Kevin. He looks like he is maturing through age and that is a good sign. Hope that the Blades can pull him in.

hobster
06-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Like it matters we will win the east regardless anyway haha

Tidball
06-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Like it matters we will win the east regardless anyway haha

Give us 2 years. We should have a pretty threatening team in a few years and it should last too :) applause

06-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Haha. It sure seems that way. With all the draft picks and now matured players, it seems like this could be the year.

Tidball
06-18-2007, 07:59 AM
Haha. It sure seems that way. With all the draft picks and now matured players, it seems like this could be the year.

Dont get your hopes up yet. We have too many young guys to rely on. I think the Blades are the biggest Wild car this season.

Next year Elliot and Berg and Hamilton will all be older. Inglis will be in the lineup. Look for THAT to be our time.

06-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes, I agree. I wasn't really thinking when I posted that.

Triton
07-19-2007, 01:24 AM
He won't be reporting. According to the 900CKBI news this afternoon, he's either going to play for the Melfort Mustangs or out in B.C.

hobster
07-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah whatever ckbi knowes jack **** when it comes to that stuff i'll belive it when i see it don't be making up false rumors buddy

Triton
07-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah whatever ckbi knowes jack **** when it comes to that stuff i'll belive it when i see it don't be making up false rumors buddy

Your just mad that he doesn't want to play with the Blades. But from talking to him personally, he doesn't want to play in the WHL period. He was property of the Hurricanes. His desire is to play close to home in Melfort or with a good friend and former teammate Ron Meyers. He's going NCAA, so if he plays SJHL he can obtain that goal. As for false rumours, I'm only relaying what I heard, so relax.

Trav
07-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Not the end of the world. Sure he may have helped the back end, especially when it comes to offense but its not like he's the only offensive d-man out there.

hobster
07-20-2007, 10:50 AM
All im saying is i'll belive it when i see it or even hear it but even if he doesn't come ryan funk will get the job done on the pp

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-21-2007, 09:23 PM
It is no big deal,and remember the Blades still have one more 20 year old overager spot open and I think that it will be a defencemen. If he does not report,the Blades can not panic because of that. At least they tried to lure him to play for the Blades,but to no avail,so they will forget about it and move on,and so should we.

Arthur Fonzerelli
07-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Tommy Brown has signed with the Melfort Mustangs SJHL. nhl nhl3

Triton
07-24-2007, 11:47 PM
http://www.melfortmustangs.com/news_item.aspx?news_id=1180

Told ya. When you know the parents of these kids, you have the inside track.

Dwight Schrute
07-26-2007, 05:28 AM
http://www.melfortmustangs.com/news_item.aspx?news_id=1180

Told ya. When you know the parents of these kids, you have the inside track.
well not to nitpick but you were pretty adamant that ron meyers was going to play for the mustangs last season (he went to the BCHL). for a player of browns stature and such the Ncaa route is the smart move. he would only get 3 years max in the dub (if he stayed as an overage)

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-26-2007, 07:45 AM
you guys are so funny,I do not think any Blades fan on here said"Oh no matter what Tommy Brown WILL play for the Blades" we all knew the chance was less then 5% and he chose not to play in the WHL,another reason you guys think this is such a hot topic is because he turned down playing for the Blades,oh that and he is from PA. I think this thread has seved it's purpose. If you guys still want to talk about it then fine.

I am not mad that he does not want to play for the Blades.

What would actually happen if one day the Blades found another good player an persuaded him to play in the WHL,it looks the Medicine Hat Tigers may have done that.

Hopefully someday soon the Blades can do that.

Triton
07-26-2007, 08:37 AM
well not to nitpick but you were pretty adamant that ron meyers was going to play for the mustangs last season (he went to the BCHL). for a player of browns stature and such the Ncaa route is the smart move. he would only get 3 years max in the dub (if he stayed as an overage)

and Meyers did suit up for the Stangs for a bit, which made most believe he was going to go there.