PDA

View Full Version : Lynch to join brothers with UBC Thunderbirds

nivek_wahs
06-08-2007, 08:50 AM
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/sports/story.html?id=a713594e-4c72-4157-80d2-9b599aca7157

Jason Lynch (D, Red Deer Rebels)

The Coquitlam native will join his brothers Scott and Jeff on the Thunderbirds after wrapping up his WHL career with the Red Deer Rebels.

Lynch, 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, was selected in the sixth round of the 2005 NHL entry draft by Colorado.

Says Dragicevic: "Jason is the stay-at-home guy who is going to create a lot of space for his partner, and I can tell you that not a lot of guys are going to want to go in the corners or to the front of net with Jason around. Last year he was one of the toughest guys in the WHL and not in a fighting role, but in being physical and commanding respect."

RDRebelsfan
06-09-2007, 07:41 PM
so that leaves us with Lamoureux as our only 20 for next season. Now does this mean Sutter trades for 2 additional 20's, maybe bring up a Junior A 20? Or go with just the one 20?

SectionNDeserter
06-09-2007, 08:23 PM
I think Sutter has had a pretty good idea of who he wants his overage players to be for quite some time now. I don't think that Lynch would have cracked the team as an overage player (if he did, he would probably be the #6 defenseman again), and if Pierre-Paul makes the cut, it probably won't be as a defenseman. He has gone the Jr A route more than a few times for at least one overage player, so I would count on at least one player being an overage player, and there are still a few quality overage players on other teams that will be tough decisions at the deadline to trim down your overage players. I am pretty sure we won't start the season with 3 overage players though.

rebelfan
06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Pierre Paul is unlikely to come back for his own reasons. He knows he would have limited playing time and knows there probably isn't a big contract out there waiting for him so I think he will be looking at other options and if the Rebels promise a pretty big role, he might consider but he has to be thinking about his future. By the way, Irving has signed with Calgary, Westblom lost his chance with the Wild, any speculation that Reimer might get an offer from Toronto this summer?