PDA

View Full Version : Keens Korner

Scout
06-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Keen's Korner

Friday, June 08, 2007

I had the chance to talk to Swift Current Broncos defenseman Paul Postma yesterday. The Red Deer defenseman is eagerly anticpating the upcoming NHL draft in Columbus.

Postma is the highest ranked Bronco among North American skaters according to the NHL's Central Scouting. He's ranked 66th, while fellow Bronco defensemen Eric Doyle is ranked 69th and Derek Claffey ranked 146th.

Postma said the NHL Combine was one of the toughest things he's ever had to do. He says the tests you are put through are both physically and mentally taxing.

He enjoyed his time in Toronto while at the Combine. He and some friends took in a Jays game and had a great time hanging out in the T-dot. I'll post a small transcript of our chat next week.

Can you believe the NHL draft is now only two weeks away from tonight? That was quick. We will have draft reports from Columbus on the Eagle 94.1 FM June 21-23.

The Chicago Blackhawks hold the #1 pick and no doubt have a big decision to make.
Dear Travis Moen,

Do you need an agent? There's no doubt there's a big endorsement market out there for the Stewart Valley native who just helped the Ducks capture the Stanley Cup.

With all the play the "farm kid who still gets up in the morning to do his chores" received from every network out there, Moen would be the perfect spokesman for anything agriculture related don't you think?

He could endorse everything from John Deere tractors to the latest chemical applications to treat field peas. He could make a killing! I received two seperate phone calls yesterday from people in the Ag Industry wanting to know how to get a hold of him. I said I would pass the message along......

Have a good weekend
Jon