PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup to Swift? Keens Korner

Scout
06-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Keen's Korner

Travis Moen is having the time of his life. I finally caught up with him just hours after he stepped off a 90 foot yacht in Southern California after yet another team party with Lord Stanley.

He says he'll be back in Swift Current by the end of the week. He's also featured in the Mccleary / Marleau / Moen charity golf tournament set for the Elmwood on Monday.

He's been having a great time....as expected as a Stanley Cup champ.

Obviously, he heard about all the "farm boy from Saskatchewan" angle that every media outlet was going with. He doesn't mind, he says it's a true representation of who he is.

I asked him what it was like to be a part of the final seconds at the end of game five and what was going through his mind... "it was pretty crazy, there was some guys on the team that knew it was there's before the 3:00 minute mark but for me I didn't want to give in until then. We were up 6-2 and I knew we'd won it. When the buzzer went everyone just piled on the ice and it was one of those moments you'll never forget."

As for the cup coming to Stewart Valley and Swifty, he's not sure exactly. It all depends on when Scott Niedermeyer takes it and then it will make it's way east from there. He's thinking late July or early August. He doesn't know how long he'll have it depending on travel arrangements. Whenever it is, he plans to make the most of it.