PDA

View Full Version : Favorites for 07-08 season.

RaiderProspect
06-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Whos gunna be the Fan Favortie? Whos gunna be the rookie fan favortie?

Triton
06-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Ryan Mcdonald, and Cole Penner should be rookie fan favourite.

Zookeeper
06-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Vann will be a favorite if he makes the team

Vann will be one of my favorites. I think he will make the team. He is not scared of anyone and will be our enforcer.

Dwight Schrute
06-15-2007, 04:53 AM
he will be our enforcer but where does he play? if all 3 20s are dmen there wont be much room on the backend, and deck, tendler,scherger, and maybe button to that mix. ...isnt much room as a forward either.
may gauthier flatters (at most 2 will be back a trade for a 20 forward most likely)
palazzo, malone, vann (vann can grind it on the 4th line wing, malone could be trade bait i thought he was good in limited time), palazzo ??? no ida what to do there
deck tendler button tendler will play a top 4 role, deck looks like he will get pp time, and button should see decent ice as the #6

scherger +some darkhorse, scherger came on strong last year will battle for the #5 spot

wango tango
06-15-2007, 03:22 PM
favs. trach and vann.

Five Hole
06-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah, it's going to be real interesting at training camp with all the battles for spots going on and a new coach making the decisions. nhl

Peter Anholt had his favorites and he had certain guys pegged for certain roles, and while in some cases a veteran's spot is his to lose, I'd think the new coach is going to want to form his own impressions. Just because guys got a ton of time last year almost regardless of how they were performing, and other guys were only allowed to play the role they were assigned, it's basically like writing on a fresh slate now and everyone will get the chance to make the best impression they can without going up against a lot of preconceived ideas as to where and how they fit in. (Unless Clarke has more input than he should)
I think the battle for D spots is going to be real interesting. I agree with Danno that probably only 2 of the 20's will be back (one will be playing pro and / or getting traded), and I bet at least one other D will be traded (maybe Palazzo?) to try to get some more offence.
I'm guessing....
either May or Gauthier, and Flatters, Tendler, will be top 3
Deck, Scherger, Vann will round out the starting 6 most nights..
Button and Malone will be worked into the lineup whenever possible, injuries, etc... Palazzo? Not sure, I think he was on the outs with Pete, but maybe the new coach will get more out of him than he's shown lately?
I guess we'll see who wants it most come training camp! Jeez, only 10 or 11 more weeks to go :thumb:

hockey24_7
06-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Anholt had his favorites and never gave others a chance to show what they could do. It might be a rude eye opener for some of those players when they don't get the same ice time they got last year. Hopefully the new coach will give all the players the same chance to show their stuff and not just a chosen few. Trach, Dowhay, Gross and even Zeliska got shafted. That's probably why Zeliska chose not to come back. We can thank Anholt for that. He was a good player. Dowhay played great and got rewarded by sitting in the stands or on the bench most of the season. He was one of the Raiders best penalty killers and lots of the fans loved his speed, energy and work ethic. Hope he gets the chance he deserves this year.

Dwight Schrute
06-17-2007, 07:49 AM
no kidding it pissed me off how dowhay got handled
yeah good speed good defensive play (him and doucet i thought were a great pk duo) but he also has a history of scoring
he can do much more if ever given a opportunity, hopefully his hard work pays off next season

Zookeeper
06-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I noticed when Dowhay was on the ice, he was always hitting which cause the other team to often give up the puck. He was full of energy and even brought the crowd to life on a few hits. He alos had a few good moves he would pull out once in awhile. Too back he was on the bench most of the time.

Dwight Schrute
06-17-2007, 09:35 PM
the exact same thing could be said about Trach also
yup

i'll never forget the huge hit trach laid on smith (broncos) as a 15 year old call up. probably the biggest ,best and cleanest hit i've seen in a couple years

Dwight Schrute
06-18-2007, 04:58 AM
thats when he beat on Larroachel right after right ? That was the fear that got him through that fight.lol
yeah i was super excited to see him play this year after that. he got more ice as a 15 year old call up then as a 16 year old regular