PDA

View Full Version : McEwan resignation

grainbear
06-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Not overly surprised, by this . I think that McEwan was not very happy with the proposed new contract. Since Stasuik previously stated that there is nothing wrong with a club making money I think the budget has been geared to that, Examples are the elimination of the rookie camps begining last year and the additional staff that has been hired in the adminstration area that perhaps should not have been added in the last two years and with a new lease agreement with the City perhaps the bucks were not there along with the 2.5 million commitment to the Enmax expansion where were the bucks coming for a increase for McEwan. The other factor was the effect of no playoff revenue last fall. It all adds up to someone has to pay and in this case it might be McEwan. I do expect that we will see someone get the job later once the season begins and the revenues leave some room or else he finds someone qualified to work for his price as vp .

Caner
06-14-2007, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=grainbear] The other factor was the effect of no playoff revenue last fall. It all adds up to someone has to pay and in this case it might be McEwan.

This falls squarely on the little mans shoulders. He's 100% responsible and things don't look rosie. Perhaps it should be someone else from management thats leaving town.

shushu
06-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Not overly surprised, by this . I think that McEwan was not very happy with the proposed new contract. Since Stasuik previously stated that there is nothing wrong with a club making money I think the budget has been geared to that, Examples are the elimination of the rookie camps begining last year and the additional staff that has been hired in the adminstration area that perhaps should not have been added in the last two years and with a new lease agreement with the City perhaps the bucks were not there along with the 2.5 million commitment to the Enmax expansion where were the bucks coming for a increase for McEwan. The other factor was the effect of no playoff revenue last fall. It all adds up to someone has to pay and in this case it might be McEwan. I do expect that we will see someone get the job later once the season begins and the revenues leave some room or else he finds someone qualified to work for his price as vp .

from what ive heard the team sits fairly well off money wise.i wonder if its not a bad situation that caused his departure ....its going to be interesting to see what other changes will we be in store for us before the season starts........................

aaAlta
06-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I always liked Brad. Sharp manager, very trust worthy. Thought he was a real asset to the organisation. Sorry to see him go. But carry on. His stamp is left behind. I think he was directly involved in selecting your quality '89s core.

Caner
06-15-2007, 05:47 PM
I always liked Brad. Sharp manager, very trust worthy. Thought he was a real asset to the organisation. Sorry to see him go. But carry on. His stamp is left behind. I think he was directly involved in selecting your quality '89s core.

Gotta agree 100%. He's a good person and hockey man. Why are the Canes letting him go and not somone else? Whatever happened to "family values" the board promotes. They keep a guy that can't get along with anyone within the organization and let a good guy walk. :confused:

hockeypsycho
06-19-2007, 10:15 PM
It is bad whenever a hockey team looses a quality person, especially in an area of scouting . . . it is bound to show up in the future. My guess is Brad didn't feel appreciated i.e. did he have to wait til the end of the year to get an renewal offer? . . . probably didn't include a raise.
Stasiuk's strange comment that he felt "quite comfortable in saying I respected the space Brad needed to carry out his duties with our hockey team" . . . . translation . . . Brad probably felt he wasn't given enough space.
We don't know exactly why Brad doesn't want to work for the Hurricanes anymore, he didn't say why because it is the classy thing to do . . . still makes you wonder. Let's hope that other quality people (especially our players) will not opt out of Lethbridge because of the poor climate.